Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Gains???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gains???

What do u guys mean when someone should what the gain they put on the sub??? do they mean how much the should turn up the vol. or do they mean on the sub the boost? cause i have a jbl 300.1 and they have like bass boast and input and somethin' else is that what they mean when they say whatch it with the gains?? like should i not have them turned all the way??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No if you want the sub to sound its absoulute best and loudest turn the gains up

If you turn the gains all the way up you could easily hit 150+

(note...don't do it...pure saracasm)

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by B&R Innovations
    No if you want the sub to sound its absoulute best and loudest turn the gains up

If you turn the gains all the way up you could easily hit 150+

(note...don't do it...pure saracasm)
    This better be pure sarcasm...

anyway, to adjust your gains, first turn the gain all the way down on the amp. Then, on your h/u, turn the volume up to a level in which you would normally play at the loudest before the speakers distort(what you would normally 'bump' at), then go to the amp, and turn the gain up untill it starts to distort, then adjust it accordingly.

Savant is offline Duke of DOH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by snova031
    This better be pure sarcasm...

anyway, to adjust your gains, first turn the gain all the way down on the amp. Then, on your h/u, turn the volume up to a level in which you would normally play at the loudest before the speakers distort(what you would normally 'bump' at), then go to the amp, and turn the gain up untill it starts to distort, then adjust it accordingly.
    Well, if your subs are distorting (from the amp or what have you) at your normal listening volume, you need a new amp and or subs..

The general idea is right.. start low on gains and set the HU, but you only put the gains up far enough to 'balance' the bass to your taste for what you are listening to.. If you get your gains up too high, you will have a distored output and be overdriving your amp and can cause clipping and burn out your subs..

(1) Alpine CDA 7892 HU ($214)
    (2) 12" Pioneer Premier 1241DVCs in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($69 each)
    ->removing.. ->(2) 10" Pioneer Premier 1041DVC's in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($59 each)
    (2) Lanzar Vibe248 1200 watt 2 chnl amps ($119 each)

It's bump'n GOOD!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a moron understand...

triphop is offline im not heaven sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a question about settin the gains for ur sub... where do u put ur subs when ur settin the gains in ur trunk mounted amp? cuz i took it off, put it on the floor right next to my car and set my gains... problem is ive got no idea how it will sound when inside my car.

what feeds me destroys me

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh btw... sub still conected to my amp... just playing outside my car. (realized my last post might be a bit confusing)

Savant is offline Duke of DOH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by triphop
    ive got a question about settin the gains for ur sub... where do u put ur subs when ur settin the gains in ur trunk mounted amp? cuz i took it off, put it on the floor right next to my car and set my gains... problem is ive got no idea how it will sound when inside my car.
    Is the sub in a box? or free air?

You can't really set the gains with the subs free-airing since they can't handle any where near as much power as when in a box..

And, I'd suggest getting the entire installation done before trying to set the gains, so you have a good idea of what the system will sound like when you are driving around..

(1) Alpine CDA 7892 HU ($214)
    (2) 12" Pioneer Premier 1241DVCs in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($69 each)
    ->removing.. ->(2) 10" Pioneer Premier 1041DVC's in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($59 each)
    (2) Lanzar Vibe248 1200 watt 2 chnl amps ($119 each)

It's bump'n GOOD!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a moron understand...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in a box... i take it out of my trunk to access my amps.

Closed Thread