First time poster but I lurked through here for awhile to get an idea of what I wanted to get for the interior of my car.
Anyway, I have a small 1995 Nissan 200SX. I just put 4 new speakers, 2 tweeters, an amp to power it all and a new head unit.
Yesterday through a trade of sorts, I picked up an Infinity 1252W 12" Subwoofer with the following specs:
* Diameter : 12" (300mm)
* Sensitivity : 93 dB @ 2.83V/1m
* RMS Power Handling : 300W
* MAX Power Handling : 1200W
* Frequency Response : 23Hz - 400Hz
* Nominal Impedance : 2 or 8 Ohm
* Voice Coil Diameter : 2" (51mm)
* Mounting Depth : 5-1/16" (129mm)
* Overall Diameter : 12-7/16" (316mm)
* Cutout Diameter : 11-3/16" (284mm)
The trade also included an Infinity Reference Series 7520a Amp plus all the cables.
Amplifier Type Dual Channel
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 97 W x 2
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 142 W x 2
Frequency Response 10 Hz - 69000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 83 dB
My knowledge is fairly limited, but if it's bridgeable, that means I can put it into 1 channel (only 1 sub) at 284 W RMS) -- which is close to the 300 W RMS of the sub, right?
If that works, is that even strong enough to utilize the sub? If not, a few suggestions for at least of the proper specs would be super helpful. Thanks guys!