Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amp goes on/off every 2 seconds

Just had this problem today. Amp was working fine last night. This morning just noticed that it turns on for a split second with an audible "pop" comming from the speakers then immediately shuts off. It does this about every 2 seconds. I notcied on the amp the green light turns on/off in sync.. Anyone know what could be the cuase of the problem?

2004 Nissan Altima - Kenwood x-889 - DLS UR36i - eD 11Ov.2 - Arc Audio 4050xxk - iPod video
    Refs: hc3_cuz, dumple, LS-Coupe, bikinpunk, Bloodstalker999(x2), mschief02 on ebay

bbb543 is offline ATX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amp goes on/off every 2 seconds

check fuses..look for shorts..connections (12v to battery and also to amp)
    it may be overheating..

sounds like a short of some kind to me..

Refs: flakko(B carpet), Empire2000E2K(T Subs=amp/speakers), SwaveY (T Laptop=sub), 2AZN4U(S subs), VinceGulino(S HU). TypeRBass (B HU). psych0ticnemes1 (B Sub), JL12W7INAGS300 (S iPod), TheNoodPoopler (T PSPs=Subs/amp), gkoz316 (S Ipod/Gameboy), Trevor87 (S Camera), Ballstothewall (S camera), takeabao (B Sub), AllStar1500bd (S Camera), scarolinablazin (B HU), PESteele (S Amp), jesusbasscadill (S Ipod Connection), MattMCSS (B Sub), Pgvietsider(B Amp), AaronMiller (T HU=subs/speakers), TheirOff (S Camera), Ptown_TSxxx (T Amp=Amp), fasfocus00(B Bass Knob)
    Ebay Username: SLH777 (100% positive) and BradleyKCulp (100% Positive)

Chevyaudio is offline :poof:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check all of your connections...And its turning on and off right? not into and out of protect?

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had the same problem with a Pioneer Mono amp in my Girl's car. At first thought it was the amp, but plugged it into my car.

Next, I replaced all of the remote wiring, and it still did it. (It is probably a remote problem btw, I'll explain now)

Finally, someone threw a random post about checking the fuse box. I ignored it at first, but then my girlfriend said that her car charger and mirrors were not working properly. She stated that the mirror motors were extremely weak, and that her car charger light would go on, but the phone wouldn't charge.

I checked the fuse box, and low and behold, the fuse was blown, but the melted metal was close enough for some power to arc across the gap. This was enough for the amps to play for 3 seconds, and then the car's electrical would shut off the line, then restart it when it gained enough voltage.

If you have your remote wired into anything other than your deck, check that lines particular fuse.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

groggy23 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok thanks for fast input guys. I just checked the remote, tried remote from ignition still. amp fuse and fuse next to battery is ok. going to check other fuses now.

2004 Nissan Altima - Kenwood x-889 - DLS UR36i - eD 11Ov.2 - Arc Audio 4050xxk - iPod video
    Refs: hc3_cuz, dumple, LS-Coupe, bikinpunk, Bloodstalker999(x2), mschief02 on ebay

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, disconnected the speaker wires my components and the amp doesn't like something in the components. Any idea what it could be?

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wire may be touching? Short in the speaker on one or the other side. Try hooking up each individual speaker set until you find which one it is.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Probably, I'll have to check the passive x-overs tomorrow. At least a sigh of relief its not the Arc amp. Weird thing is when I swap the L and the R, it works, but L to L and R to R, problem occurs again. Strange indeed. I guess it maybe the way I have the speaker wire hooked up to the x-over.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, got it. It was a phase protection circuit. When I relocated my passenger side x-over last night, I must've accidentally hooked the + to -...

Closed Thread

User Tag List