Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine PDX amp wiring

Has anyone seen the quick disconnect plugs for speaker wires on the PDX 4.150? The plugs can be turned around so the (+) is facing outward and the (-) inwards or you can reverse the plug. It seems that doing so would reverse polarity. The Alpine manual says it does not matter what direction that you mount the plug??? The amp does not designate which terminal is (+) or (-) for each speaker output. Very confusing.... Thanks!

orangetang is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine PDX amp wiring

Also confused by this... Why do the speakers still specify positive and negative if it doesn't matter... or does it matter?

I bought a PDX 4.100 and while the connectors themselves have a + and - on them, they can go in the amp either direction, and there is NO markings on the amp, or writing in the manual that says if positive is up or down...

Which way do they go? Surely the crossover for my type-r components needs proper polarity, wouldn't it?

AppleBonker is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you look closely, there are I believe 3 prongs that that plug goes into. If you have the polarity connected correctly from the speaker to the disconnect plug, it will not matter which way the plug is placed in the amp. It is something like the center prong is positive and the two outer prongs are negative, meaning it is an exact mirror image of itself (so rotating the disconnect 180 degrees essentially does nothing).

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Nice to know. They essentially assure you don't hook the speakers up backwards.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    If you look closely, there are I believe 3 prongs that that plug goes into. If you have the polarity connected correctly from the speaker to the disconnect plug, it will not matter which way the plug is placed in the amp. It is something like the center prong is positive and the two outer prongs are negative, meaning it is an exact mirror image of itself (so rotating the disconnect 180 degrees essentially does nothing).

Indeed.

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections
    Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

orangetang is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you.