Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some help choosing an amp...

drjeffrock is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Need some help choosing an amp...

What's up everyone? I am a newbie to this board looking for a little advice. I currently have an Eclipse 3640 amp powering all my car speakers. It is currently powering the 10 inch sub, the BA pro components and the BA RX47 (4 inch speakers.) Needless to say, I am not taking advantage of my BA pros' as the amp is powering way too many speakers. It is running in the 2 0hm mode. My question is relatively simple: Should I get a new amp to power strictly the sub, or should I invest in a new amp to power all the other speakers and keep the Eclipse amp to power only the sub. Money is an issue, but I want my system to sound clean. Also, any amp suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Most people have told me just to buy a rockford fosgate punch amp to power the sub. The sub specs are as follows: peak power handling 250 watts, continuous power handling 150W, frequency response 17 hz - 500khz, efficiency 92 db, at 4ohm impendence. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and happy New Year!

Eclipse CD5442
    Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5
    Boston Acoustic Rally RX47
    Eclipse 3640 4x3x2 amp
    Planet Audio Boxter-10 sub

Jimmy6969 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If i were you i would keep the amp you have now and run your speaker with that one and by a small rockford you run your sub possibly a 200s it will really my your sub hit harder then it is now.

If you cant handle the Bass get out of the car

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Need some help choosing an amp...

Originally posted by drjeffrock
    What's up everyone? I am a newbie to this board looking for a little advice. I currently have an Eclipse 3640 amp powering all my car speakers. It is currently powering the 10 inch sub, the BA pro components and the BA RX47 (4 inch speakers.) Needless to say, I am not taking advantage of my BA pros' as the amp is powering way too many speakers. It is running in the 2 0hm mode. My question is relatively simple: Should I get a new amp to power strictly the sub, or should I invest in a new amp to power all the other speakers and keep the Eclipse amp to power only the sub. Money is an issue, but I want my system to sound clean. Also, any amp suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Most people have told me just to buy a rockford fosgate punch amp to power the sub. The sub specs are as follows: peak power handling 250 watts, continuous power handling 150W, frequency response 17 hz - 500khz, efficiency 92 db, at 4ohm impendence. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and happy New Year!
    First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, what are the stats on the speakers and amp? I think its a better idea to run the sub to its own amp and the speakers to their own. I would suggest maybe a JBL 300.1, it'll do 150w @ 4 ohms, and maybe a little more. I'm sure you can find it for pretty cheap online, probably around $150 or so.

Closed Thread