Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Matching Amps

rammie is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Matching Amps

Any reason to match amps in a system, for example using an amp for components and bridging another of the same amp for sub? How about just matching the brand/series of amp? Would there be any negative to having different brands?

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Matching Amps

its all in the user preference. i personally like my amps to match. and look cleaner.

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rammie View Post
    Any reason to match amps in a system, for example using an amp for components and bridging another of the same amp for sub? How about just matching the brand/series of amp? Would there be any negative to having different brands?
    The main reason to match amplifiers is for cosmetic reasons or perhaps if you're fortunate enough to be a sponsored competitor and then have a requisite list of the equipment you must use...

Outside of that if you find equipment from different manufacturers that does what you and your specific setup need it to do and you don't mind the appearance difference from one piece of gear to the next then no, there's no adverse effects for having done it that way.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

matching usually is better if you showing the car but its not always most practical since one company doesnt always make the best of both kinds of amps

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

Closed Thread