Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Precision Power Amps

Just sitting here at work and wondering to myself if I am the only one on here using PPI amps. They aren't really mentioned that much it seems like. I have a pair of Chrome PC 2600's running my 2 12L7's. It does fine for me. It's kind of amazing to me what kind of amplifiers with powers in the 1KW range can be had for really not much money. I mean those PPI's I have are around 450-500 and you can buy a 1KW amp for that or less. Lots have changed in the 5 or 6 years I have been away from car audio. I think PPI makes quality equipment, especially some of the ART series amps. Those still bring some decent money on ebay. But I dont really see many people here running PPI, either new or old.

Car 99 Toyota Solara SLE V6

HU Clarion DXZ835MP
    Front Speakers Infinity 6 1/2 Kappas
    Front Amp Crutchfield CR4X50
    Subs Kicker 12L7's
    Harrison Fmods
    Sub Amp PPI PC 2600's

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont know why we dont see a lot of them around anymore. PPI makes a quality product, from my experiences anyway.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

evo2k3 is offline Senior Bizznitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah...ppi makes great amps...and there is reason that their 1000watt amp is mor expensive, its simply better with less distortion, truer specs and better efficiency. i mean, why would anyone buy the expensive amps if the cheap ones were not missing anything?

Tedro is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, PPI is sposed to be really good, like on the top.. but they are hard to find and at good prices. BUT! PPI is owned by DEI!!! dei make's Orion too and a lot of other stuff(ADS, viper, sidewinder, hornet....) So i have been told that alot of PPi amps are the same as some orion amps AKA same internals and such... and orion is cheaper than PPi so i usually go orion over PPI unless i really want to get a good true product that will do what is sayes its going to do and better. I have a line on DEI products and use alot of DEI my installs.

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree ppi is an awesome company....but they decided to raise their prices alot....we can't even get them in our city anymore....the 6 shops that are here don't carry it at all....

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    quality went downhill just a TAD bit nowadays. still good amps though.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Closed Thread

User Tag List