Closed Thread

Reload Thread: punch bass

SOUNDz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

punch bass

can u damage subs by turning punch bass knob to the max? it seems like when it was about all the way up, thats when u could hear more of that [suspense type] low bass. btw, amp was a bd1000 running 2 8ohm mtx subs. now it seems like the amp isnt that powerful. i dont know if its the subs or the output of the amp went down. i noticed that dust cap on 1 of the subs was leaking, but it is glued back. seems and looks fine, but they just dont hit like they did when amp was first installed. the other sub looks ok. i tried playing with the gains and its like once the subs start really moving, they make a farting sound like something on the inside has about had it. so i back the gain off a bit, but it doesnt sound even nearlike 150watts of power. weak/ old subs maybe?

Bumpin03 is offline James Madison University

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: punch bass

Originally posted by SOUNDz
    can u damage subs by turning punch bass knob to the max? it seems like when it was about all the way up, thats when u could hear more of that [suspense type] low bass. btw, amp was a bd1000 running 2 8ohm mtx subs. now it seems like the amp isnt that powerful. i dont know if its the subs or the output of the amp went down. i noticed that dust cap on 1 of the subs was leaking, but it is glued back. seems and looks fine, but they just dont hit like they did when amp was first installed. the other sub looks ok. i tried playing with the gains and its like once the subs start really moving, they make a farting sound like something on the inside has about had it. so i back the gain off a bit, but it doesnt sound even nearlike 150watts of power. weak/ old subs maybe?

yup its your subs going out on you. the bass knob wont hurt your subs if a) decent quality sub b) sub isn't distorting c)amp is sending a clean signal. You shouldnt be pushing your gains all the way until your subs are bottoming out (popping). Take it easy on your gains.

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    time for some new subs......

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

80_Cutlass_mn is offline What needs to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I experienced the same thing on my system, I had the gains turned up trying to set the gains and now it seems as though I have to turn my gains higher to get the same output that it had when I first put it in. Im not sure what it is. I know i didnt blow anything, is it just that when i done this that the subs broke in completely or was it my amp breaking in or do amps "break in". Now that I have reajusted my gains it still hits hard as hell but I have the gain turned up a little more than usual.

Arctic White 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Hifonics BX2005D- 12" IA Death Penalty
    Premier prs-x220 - MB Quart DSD213 components
    Pioneer DEH-P7600MP - Scosche 4 Ga. wiring kit

Aol Instant Messanger: CamaroMN1995

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
    I experienced the same thing on my system, I had the gains turned up trying to set the gains and now it seems as though I have to turn my gains higher to get the same output that it had when I first put it in. Im not sure what it is. I know i didnt blow anything, is it just that when i done this that the subs broke in completely or was it my amp breaking in or do amps "break in". Now that I have reajusted my gains it still hits hard as hell but I have the gain turned up a little more than usual.
    did u add anything to your system? my friend experienced that w/his new hu.

he went from old old school eclipse to a brand new alpine.

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

80_Cutlass_mn is offline What needs to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No I was just adjusting my gains the way the amp manual said to adjust, you know turn up radio volume to 3/4 and gains up till you hear distortion then back off. But now that ive adjusted them i have to turn my gains up a little more than they used to be to get the same output. I dunno im not that worried since they still hit as hard s they did but it just seemed weird to me.

Arctic White 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Hifonics BX2005D- 12" IA Death Penalty
    Premier prs-x220 - MB Quart DSD213 components
    Pioneer DEH-P7600MP - Scosche 4 Ga. wiring kit

Aol Instant Messanger: CamaroMN1995

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok you have (rockford?)1000bd on mtx subs???? i hope its the rfl.. you crazy if it's not!!
    yes punch bass mades alot of difference... you control the loudness going to the subs, NOT THE WATTS..

Closed Thread