Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1st step in upgrading from a stock

vic6239 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1st step in upgrading from a stock

So I'm starting to upgrade my 2000 Honda Accord's system. I want to start out by adding an amp to my stock speakers. I'll probably upgrade the speakers at a later time, but I doubt I'll add any subs. The reason is because I don't want to loose much trunk space. Basically my questions are 1) which type of amp should I use, 2) where could I put it so that it doesn't get hit or in the way when I need to put my seat down, 3) is this something I should make any attempt in doing myself. I have installed a couple of head units and speakers in the past when I had an 87 Jeep Cherokee. Any input from anyone that has worked with a honda accord or something like it I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sup dude, we have the same car, but mine is a sedan i dunno bout u. the honda accord stock speakers are good but i dont' think you need an amp to run them more power. It's better if u get a good hu that prob puts like more than 25rms per channel. when i switched to my panasonic hu, it made a big difference in the speaker. they play louder n cleaner. if u put an amp you might end up blowing the stock speakers faster, depending on how loud u play them.

however, if u insist on putting an amp for ur speakers i would recommend underneath the passenger's side. that's what i m gonna do when i get my components.

also, i m making a website of my car and showing some installs. i m prob 1/2 way thru, but i don't know how long is gonna take me. i ll post my website once i m done so look for that in the next days.

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you plan to get an amp for your interior speakers, replacing them with high quality speakers is a must. Once you get the interior speakers and you know how much RMS they can handle, then we can help recommending an amp for you.

Are you using the stock HU, or do you plan to upgrade that too?

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

vic6239 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay so everyone gave helpful information, but it was all different. So perhaps if I tell you what I am wanting to get out of this then maybe I can find the right advice to follow. I'm mainly interested in a systems clarity and bass. I don't need it loud that people from across the block can hear me. As I said before I have a 2000 Honda Accord with a stock system, which I must say is very good, but I'm looking for a little bit more. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money at one time, so there is also the consideration of what should come first.

Thanks guys for your help so far, it got me thinking about a lot of different options. Appreciate any helpful reply.

-Victoria

I was looking at the PIODEHP7400MP HU at http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PIODEHP7400MP This is the first that I have found that somewhat matches my car, but I'm not sure if it's what I would need or if there is anything else that would make better. I'm looking for a head unit that would blend in with the colors of the honda, you know green lighting, black face. If you know anything better that would be great.

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thatsa fairly decent head unit...

green light...Alpine..? Depending on how much you want to spend, the alpines are a good choice, if you are spending over $200...if not...pioneers are very good too.

As for the amplifier, Jmac has a good one listed, but I would highly reccomend that you also upgrade the interior speakers...just the front ones..and amp those, while running the rear speakers off the deck

Good Luck

P e ac e
    k h i

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have an 4 channel amp for sale fairly cheap.... read below....

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

avistar23 is offline www.SoundhertZ.com <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    START with the HU then..... change your
    speakers..... get an amp..... it all comes in time but start with the HU. (hu means head unit or cd player)

C6ANU

Eclipse H/U
    Profile j 600.4 bridged to 2 chanells
    Adire Koda 6.1
    Profile ca1200
    Kove Audio Armegedon 12
    AudioControl Matrix

Soon to come:
    Audio control 24xs
    Audio control EQL

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i kinda disagree with u jmac this time, altho u r most of the times right.
    i'll say change the head unit first n see how they sound. the stock 2k accord speakers r pretty good trust me, i mean they aint as aftermarket, but they prob way better than other maker's factory speakers. i m still runnin my stock speakers all run thru the panasonic hu. i've been doing it for prob couple of months n they still fine.
    after this, i'll say get the speakers n the amp. get some components in the front n some speakers in the back if u need some. check out www.thezeb.com, look for the US acoustics amps, and use this amp to run the speakers.

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

Closed Thread