Closed Thread

Reload Thread: question about MTX 81000D / 1501D

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

question about MTX 81000D / 1501D

i have a question about the "freq" knob... i assume this is the high-pass right? i cant figure out how to tune it... i mean i KNOW how to but i cant figure it out on this amp, i turn it up with music on till i like it and it hits the high bass pretty good but then i play some low tones and adjust it back but then the high's go away? (btw for high-bass im talking about 50-70 hz)

if anyone knows the song "evergreen" by MC Chris, thats what im talking about, the bassline in that song is almost silent , but the low's are still loud as ****

its just wierd because on the BX1500D the song "evergreen" would slam at the 50-65 hz range but on the 81000D now 35-45 really slams and nothing really beyond that ????

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: question about MTX 81000D / 1501D

DL or find a CD wit test tones......play a 70Hz tone, then adjust the crossover with that tone until you have enough disired bass at that tone, take into concern how distorted it is, youll have to sacrifice a little loudness for less distortion and vice cersa, but find a point where the highend bass sounds good and still has enough ummfff wihtout sounding liek garbage, THEN LEAVE IT, no touchy......

also leave the bass boost al the way down, distortion rises signifigantly with that bassboost...

get ur gains set and ur good to go....use a DMM and the correct math (squared voltage divided by ohms)

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

Closed Thread