Closed Thread

Reload Thread: just got my new amp ..lanzar optidrive 1000.1d

saber is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just got my new amp ..lanzar optidrive 1000.1d

About a week ago I ordered a lanzer optidrive 1000.1D off of ebay from audioblowouts itís a refurbished, so it was only $213 with shipping, its normally sales for around $324-350, which is still a really good deal.
    Well, i just got it in tonight around nine 0' clock and i can truthfully say this is the best 200 bucks I have ever spent. So heres my little half assed review on it.

The lanzer optidrive 1000.1d is a class D mono amp itís rated at 400x1rms at 4 ohms, 700x1rms ant 2 ohms and 1000x1 rms at 1 ohm. Im running it at one ohm, after 30-40 minutes of playing test tones and other various bass heavy music as loud as my subs could handle with out distortion (with ear protection on of course ) it didnít even get very warm, or show sings weakness. This amp is a true powerhouse. Another sweet thing about this amp is that two of them can be bridged together to produce 2000watts rms at 2 ohms.
    I cant really go in to much on SQ because my subs arenít the greatest, but from what i can gather the sq is pretty good for a class D amp, the bass is smooth and well defined even at high volume.
    The controls are nicely laid out and well labeled. Level is adjustable from 7v to 150mv, bass boost is adjustable from 0-+18db, low pass filter is adjustable from 47 to 250hz, high pass (subsonic) filter is adjustable 12hz to 57 hz, it also has phase control form 0 to 180
    This thing is sweet best 200 bucks I ever spent if you ever run across a deal like this I advise you jump on it, I think the 1000.1d is sold out on ebay right now but there always getting more in so keep your eyes opened. But ebay still has a few other optidrive amps for really good deals. i cant wait to get some new subs so I can see what this thing can really do.

One thing if donít like about the amp is that there is like a 30sec turn on delay but I can live with it.

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love my 1000.1D. What kind of subs are you running? (don't be ashamed, read my sig.) What kind of enclosure are they in? What size alt., wire, etc. are you using? Any electrical problems as far as power supply?

'99 Taurus SHO (welded)
    • HU: Stock - Scosche SLC-4
    • Comps: Lanzar Opti6c w/Opti400x4d
    • Rear fill: Stock
    • Sub: Lanzar Opti1232D w/Opti1000.1d
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=en_force_r&ftab =AllFeedback

saber is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by n2audio
    Love my 1000.1D. What kind of subs are you running? (don't be ashamed, read my sig.) What kind of enclosure are they in? What size alt., wire, etc. are you using? Any electrical problems as far as power supply?

The subs are audiobahn aw1251q 's they get pretty loud but they start to distort in the higer levels. they are in a 4cuft ported box tuned to 37hz.
    im runing 4awg to the trunk then 8awg to the amp ( im going to upgrade to 2awg to the trunk then 4awg to the amp)
    my alt is 120amp i got form autozone. i did the big 3 with 4awg but i will be redoing it with 2 or 0awg soon.i have notied my lights dim really bad when its cranked but i dont listen to it that loud when im driveing anyways , but the lights diming is somthing i would like th fix.

Closed Thread