Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine MRD-M1005. Better amp or price?

Demi is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine MRD-M1005. Better amp or price?

Alrighty, im building my box this weekend or next for my 3 10" Alpine SWR-1024s. I was thinking about this amp MRD-M1005. This looks like a really nice amp, however it is a bit on the pricey side.
    This is the cheapest i can find it.
    http://etronics.resultspage.com/disp...dynamic&Store=
    First is this a good choice for my setup, secondly is there a better price or alternitive that i should look at?
    Im stationed in germany so anything i buy would have to be from a site that ships to APOs. Thanks guys.

NoLimit is offline Toy Yoda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine MRD-M1005. Better amp or price?

So its one channel?

I guess you're gonna run your subs in series then? If you do go with that amp

$300 isnt bad

Ali1 is offline e6300 FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if your looking for more power, you might catch an orion 2500d for $350 used. I don't know how well those 10s will take it. If your looking for a different amp, cheaper that will do rated power, you can look at hifonics bxi1206, which will do 1200rms @1ohm or even the bxi1606, which will do 1600@1ohm. the bxi1206 is a little over 200, while the bxi1606 is 250. Much cheaper than that alpine amp. IMO, i think alpine amps are overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by northside210 View Post
    seems like everybody is going for pyle, should i tune them to 63 for the lows or 87

refrences:
    logan_searching, Big Rea$e, rfluvinmf, Davecubs14, reaudiofan, Krazed4Bass, SR20det, jbizzle x 4, bamaboy, mazdakid, mike11202,sbcaprice305, anotherguy(yes, that is his sn), ROE, coreyanderson, gebrochen, 528hz, bassmasta (x2), ustroops52, noob24,vrwm, lafanboy, explodftl,TheLow, tommythecat,dub22, hunterw, many more.....

**** PATALPINE :: SCAMMER******

nYc.kablamO is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like that amp, nice functions, its cea rated plus its one of the better looking amps out there if youre into looks. all that without being overly expensive.

Demi is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nYc.kablamO
    i like that amp, nice functions, its cea rated plus its one of the better looking amps out there if youre into looks. all that without being overly expensive.
    Yeah im thinking i should go ahead and buy it, im not really looking for much more power because i dont want to damage my speakers, however i am looking for a bit more than i need. Also im using a pretty cheap amp for the time being, which is a PA 1200W Gothic series amp. It hits but i know that there is much better quality out there to be had. I know it can sound alot cleaner than it does. The type-rs are the first Alpine made peice of hardware ive ever own and im very impressed. I know type-rs get alot of hype and such as that, i i would be interested to see another set of 10" do what mine do in a sealed box (changing that very soon) with an amp such as the one im using. Im digging the alpine stuff, and i think i may buy a head unit from them as well. Thanks guys.

Closed Thread

User Tag List