Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Anyone familiar with the Orion HCCA 225 G4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Anyone familiar with the Orion HCCA 225 G4?

Hey Guys,

I just got an Image Dynamics IDQ12 (dual 2-ohms) that I am trying to hook up to the Orion HCCA 225G4 in parallel. I had a stereo shop install the amp, but I didn't have the speaker yet.

Today I put the sub in the car, connected the wires from the amp, but there is very little output. It is hardly audible. Something must be wrong in my hookup. The stereo shop possibly forgot to change the crossover settings and stuff.

The amp has both high-pass filters and some other settings that I am not sure of what they are. I am pretty sure that I have my Alpine CDA-9835 HU set up properly, and I have the HU's sub channel turned on.

Does anyone know the settings on the Orion that I should be using? Any suggestions on things I should try? Can someone tell me where the RCA's should be plugged into the amp?

Thanks!
    Bryan

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone familiar with the Orion HCCA 225 G4?

The RCAs on the amps are labeled input and output. Connect to the input. Since you have a crossover in the HU, simply defeat the crossovers in the amp itself. Make sure all the buttons for the crossover on the amp are popped out rather than pushed in. Also make sure that the gains are set right.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

bdonkersgoed is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone familiar with the Orion HCCA 225 G4?

Quote Originally Posted by helotaxi
    The RCAs on the amps are labeled input and output. Connect to the input. Since you have a crossover in the HU, simply defeat the crossovers in the amp itself. Make sure all the buttons for the crossover on the amp are popped out rather than pushed in. Also make sure that the gains are set right.
    Cool, thanks I will go out and give that a try. I hope that the guy who made my custom box didn't accidently wire in series or something instead of parallel

--Bryan--

Closed Thread

User Tag List