Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

zapco 4KW

Anyone heard of these amps before?

According to ads, these babies are supposed to pump out 4000W RMS at 1ohm (mono) and 8000W peaks... now, before everyone starts calling me a liar, come on, I saw what I saw...ads can lie, maybe I've been had, but I could get a scan of the ad and post it up here... The amps aren't overly long, but they are very tall..more like a small enclosure, rather than a thin amp...

My question is, what kind of speakers are needed for these kind of amps? I was shopping around to get a new amp to push my subs, and a lot of these shops were showing me the catalogue for the 4KW's... none of them seem to have them in stock.. very, very expensive..

It's not like my 2 8ohm 200RMS subs are gonna need a 10th of that power, but I got curious...

To use this amp, wouldn't I need major work on my car's electircal system as well? The most powerful alt I can find here in Korea is about 180amp and yellow top optima batteries. If the alt's weren't enough, to be on the safe side, since 1F for 1Kw, 5F caps for the 4KW?

If let's say I get 3 X JL 12W7... would this amp alone still be too powerful for this amp?

Ok, just checked out zapco's website... they do mention the 4KW without pics in the factory news... they dont' even have euqipments that exist to actually measure this thing... ok...so it exists... what do you think? worth investing in one?
    Last edited by paikiah; 11-25-2002 at 10:44 PM.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    626 Post(s)
    dont wrry I have heard of it and saw a few pix of it a few months ago of it, it looks like 2 C2K 9.0s stacked on top of each other

CarAudio.com mod(original)

dreid is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    hey, that amp is for comps and I say comps only, its 2 9.0's in 1 chassis, major current draw!!! they will make a ton of power tho, look into the many other amps, 1 9.0, dei 2400d, viper2500D, Memphis mojo, etc.... oh yeah and full retail on a 4KW is 5900 bucks, used they are like 2500-3k!!!

Dave Reid
    SoundWerx

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    626 Post(s)
    Originally posted by dreid
    hey, that amp is for comps and I say comps only, its 2 9.0's in 1 chassis, major current draw!!! they will make a ton of power tho, look into the many other amps, 1 9.0, dei 2400d, viper2500D, Memphis mojo, etc.... oh yeah and full retail on a 4KW is 5900 bucks, used they are like 2500-3k!!!
    but it would still be really cool to have one, Zapco is baddass as it is so two 9.0 combined is unreal

LAWNGWYTS is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: zapco 4KW

Quote Originally Posted by paikiah
    Anyone heard of these amps before?

According to ads, these babies are supposed to pump out 4000W RMS at 1ohm (mono) and 8000W peaks... now, before everyone starts calling me a liar, come on, I saw what I saw...ads can lie, maybe I've been had, but I could get a scan of the ad and post it up here... The amps aren't overly long, but they are very tall..more like a small enclosure, rather than a thin amp...

My question is, what kind of speakers are needed for these kind of amps? I was shopping around to get a new amp to push my subs, and a lot of these shops were showing me the catalogue for the 4KW's... none of them seem to have them in stock.. very, very expensive..

It's not like my 2 8ohm 200RMS subs are gonna need a 10th of that power, but I got curious...

To use this amp, wouldn't I need major work on my car's electircal system as well? The most powerful alt I can find here in Korea is about 180amp and yellow top optima batteries. If the alt's weren't enough, to be on the safe side, since 1F for 1Kw, 5F caps for the 4KW?

If let's say I get 3 X JL 12W7... would this amp alone still be too powerful for this amp?

Ok, just checked out zapco's website... they do mention the 4KW without pics in the factory news... they dont' even have euqipments that exist to actually measure this thing... ok...so it exists... what do you think? worth investing in one?

I have a 4KW... It is in a 1994 Honda Accord... it is true that it draws a whole bunch of current... right under 400amps by itself... i have a 160 amp alternator with three optima yellow top batteries and I am doing just fine... doesn't really seem to dim my headlights at night time... the subs that can handle this are the 15" Eclipse PRO Series... not the Titanium but the PRO... the came out sometime at the beginning of '04... in a trunk car (94 Accord) I am hittin' around 152-153db... just replyin' so you all could have some input on this amp... it is expensive but if you want to be hurtin', vision blurry, and have trouble swallowin' then this is the amp that will kick ur a**

b

coolman91985 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

where are u located in kentucky? i live in louisville. i wil be home june 6th. i would really like to come see that amp and listen to your system, it sounds like a monster!!!

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAWNGWYTS
    I have a 4KW... It is in a 1994 Honda Accord... it is true that it draws a whole bunch of current... right under 400amps by itself... i have a 160 amp alternator with three optima yellow top batteries and I am doing just fine... doesn't really seem to dim my headlights at night time... the subs that can handle this are the 15" Eclipse PRO Series... not the Titanium but the PRO... the came out sometime at the beginning of '04... in a trunk car (94 Accord) I am hittin' around 152-153db... just replyin' so you all could have some input on this amp... it is expensive but if you want to be hurtin', vision blurry, and have trouble swallowin' then this is the amp that will kick ur a**

b
    Im gonna have to call BS on that 152-153db score, seeing its a trunk car and you basically hitting what all the World Records are, theres no way possible that your hitting that high in a trunk car. If it was 152-153, either it was on the old mic, or something other than the Term Lab sensor.

To answer your question One, the 4kw draw alot of current, but it depends on what your going to use it for. A teammate of mine is using 1 4kw on his 2 Atomic 12" APs, for comps and is doing a steady 150. All he has done to the electrical is upgraded to alt to 180amps, and added i believe a Stinger Battery. But again its just a competition car, and he doesnt play music through it. However my other teammate is working on an Esclade Truck that is going to have the 4kw in it. The 4kw is going to be powering 4 15" MTX9515s. They should be seeing around 1100ish to each sub. I think if you were to get 4 subs that can handle around 1000-1500ish watts daily(XXX, Brahma, L7s, w7s, 9500series(mtx and DD), SX, etc.) you'll be fine. Also if you really wanted to, and it would be a lot cheaper is to just buy 2 9.0's, seeing as the 4kw is just 2 9.0s in one case, as it was suppose to be a cheaper amp for Street A until they came out with the new rules this year for dB Drag. Also you may want to look into the Crossfire 4000d when it comes out.

Also look on ebay they usually have some floating aroudn there too. Also look on Term Pro's marketplace and sounddomain.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    626 Post(s)

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know zapco claims that the c2k 9.0 puts out 2200 watts, but when tested it puts out close to 3000. one of my buddys has a shop that is a zapco dealer, so get to play with this stuff, that thing when it powers up is almost too much for a stock alternator to handle.

kickerlivinloud is offline Banning survivor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

er, guys.. notice the date when i asked? november 26th 2002. Lol~ I think it was one of my first questions on this board, and also highlight the super duper expensive decks in Korea.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Radar is offline Old balls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^^ I was about to call out the age of the thread myself

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radar
    ^^^ I was about to call out the age of the thread myself
    speaking of whihc, after all this time, I think i've seen more 4KW's and tested various systems with the amp than most people here. People here paint their 4KW's.. a tragedy, really.. ever seen an orange one?

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Radar is offline Old balls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Orange?! Crappy color, and on an amp thats almost Legacy-like!

trunks9_us is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i had a 4kw it was **** and i loved it to death it literally put me to death too

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List