Closed Thread

Reload Thread: To all you RF lovers here's a shocker!!!!

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To all you RF lovers here's a shocker!!!!

alright so if anyone used to know my audio setup well you would know i used to run a RF 600.4 to my canton componets. i bridged the amp and sent the comps a 150watts rms a piece if that amp were 600 watts but it was closer to 750 on the birth sheet. anyway it sounded nice and loud but always shut off on me after about 40min of play i got kinda pissed about that. so i had a Blaupunkt 500watt max 2 channel amp sitting in my closet my buddy says let's try that. we hook it up at 4ohm per channel and lemme tell you 1) this Blaupunkt amp doesn't overheat, 2) it sounds cleaner and clearer than my RF, and 3) it is a better amp IMO. now considering this amp i prolly couldn't sell for more than 50bucks versus the RF amp which was sold for like what 500ish i think that's pathetic!!! anyway i would just like to end this with i dont think i will ever own another piece of RF equipment and once i get rid of my 2 full farat caps and wires and fuses i will be gone of that company. i am now part of the non rf fans.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

badazzDD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you bridged the RF, then you would need 2 seperate four ohm loads.. were your components impedience less that that? RF is not stable at 2 ohm in bridge mode

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no the componets are 4ohm a piece which means TWO FOUR OHM LOADS. i know how to wire stuff give me some credit.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Slaymon is offline I need new audio eqiup

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well if the sets were 4 ohms and you bridged them it took it down to 2 ohms.. RF are not 2 ohm stable.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yay, you've seen the light! That, and bridged increases THD, but it was never that good to begin with :p
    RF=Stinky

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there are a lot componant speakers that I've found that are 3 ohms.........(Boston specifically) Could be, just my 2 cents cause I'm a pretty big Rockford fan.

Get XM Radio, it's awesome!

Alpine/Xtant/Boston

DARKHART is online now One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Slaymon
    well if the sets were 4 ohms and you bridged them it took it down to 2 ohms.. RF are not 2 ohm stable.
    Sounds to me like he's saying that he bridged the amp which is the RF 600.4 which is a 4 channel thus giving him two 4ohm channels by which he ran a componet set on each channel equaling again two 4ohm loads.

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By bridging you also lost your left/right channel seperation, right Adam. I haven't seen many 4 channel amps that can go 2 Ohms bridged, that's the same as 1 Ohm stereo right? Dunno? I think that RF is a little overpriced anyways, I'd rather have PPI in that price range (which is what I got instead of RF, lol).

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes what wesley and what darkheart said is exactly what i did. i know how to wire a 4 channel amp and i still think that the RF 600.4 is crap now.

adam

Closed Thread

User Tag List