Closed Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Reload Thread: REVOLUTION D1500.1 by Ampman/Adire

  1. #1
    mav2002's Avatar
    mav2002 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 REVOLUTION D1500.1 by Ampman/Adire

    Okay, so I just love starting threads and gathering information. So far, I have asked for opinoins on numerous amps, and am down to Zapco Reference 750 and the Arc Audio 1500D-R. Both are awesome amps.

    Just as I was about to choose one of those to run my 2 Phoenix Gold Titanium 12s (500 RMS/700 Peak), I found out about this Revolution D1500.1 by Ampman/Adire. This thing is freakin' cheap, but I heard it's awesome. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this amp, and can give me any info about it.







  2. #2
    wolfey's Avatar
    wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've heard of it.. i have it in my car... great amp.. nice features and i like how it sounds. its worth every penny in my opinion.. i havent heard tons of different amps, but it sounds just as good if not better.. my other sub amps i've had were an mtx 81000d also and an ma audio sy5011dx or something like that.. this one is the best cus it puts out a good amount of power unlike the ma audio, and it runs at 1 ohm and has a subsonic unlike the mtx.. i think its the best value over all amp you can get.. i'd say it could power just about any speakers quite well..



    brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

    REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

    looking to upgrade..

  3. #3
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wolfey
    i've heard of it.. i have it in my car... great amp.. nice features and i like how it sounds. its worth every penny in my opinion.. i havent heard tons of different amps, but it sounds just as good if not better.. my other sub amps i've had were an mtx 81000d also and an ma audio sy5011dx or something like that.. this one is the best cus it puts out a good amount of power unlike the ma audio, and it runs at 1 ohm and has a subsonic unlike the mtx.. i think its the best value over all amp you can get.. i'd say it could power just about any speakers quite well..
    How much did you pay for the good ol REVO???



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  4. #4
    Spddracer's Avatar
    Spddracer is offline Sounds Goooooood



    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: REVOLUTION D1500.1 by Ampman/Adire

    Originally posted by mav2002
    Okay, so I just love starting threads and gathering information. So far, I have asked for opinoins on numerous amps, and am down to Zapco Reference 750 and the Arc Audio 1500D-R. Both are awesome amps.

    Just as I was about to choose one of those to run my 2 Phoenix Gold Titanium 12s (500 RMS/700 Peak), I found out about this Revolution D1500.1 by Ampman/Adire. This thing is freakin' cheap, but I heard it's awesome. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this amp, and can give me any info about it.
    Well all I can say is buy it ! The jbl1200 doesnt even compare in power , I am currently runnning to CDT hp1200's of it and it is amazing !




    1990 300ZX Stage IV Twin Turbo

    Pioneer Premier P940MP

    CDT HD 6.5" Comps
    JL 300/4 Active
    (2) PG Ti10d
    Directed 1100d


    "WORK HARD.....


    PEOPLE ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU"

  5. #5
    wolfey's Avatar
    wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i paid 369 with free shipping and a 25 dollar gift certificate.. well they didnt send me the certificate or nothing i guess they just have it in the computer and it goes into your next purchase...
    i think if they can mass produce these things they could easily make for a good replacement to those people who like the jbl's but want the extra features. The revo could be made better though also.. i dont like how small the nob is on the remote gain control.. its hard to turn. and they should label the nobs..and get rid of the turn on and turn off click, which isnt a big deal but my other amps i dont notice it like i did with the revo... but its awesome performance wise in my opinion.



    brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

    REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

    looking to upgrade..

  6. #6
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wolfey
    i paid 369 with free shipping and a 25 dollar gift certificate.. well they didnt send me the certificate or nothing i guess they just have it in the computer and it goes into your next purchase...
    i think if they can mass produce these things they could easily make for a good replacement to those people who like the jbl's but want the extra features. The revo could be made better though also.. i dont like how small the nob is on the remote gain control.. its hard to turn. and they should label the nobs..and get rid of the turn on and turn off click, which isnt a big deal but my other amps i dont notice it like i did with the revo... but its awesome performance wise in my opinion.
    Not too shabby!!! What are the specs???



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  7. #7
    wolfey's Avatar
    wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i worded that wrong before, the knobs are labeled as to what they are, they arent labeled though for like frequencies and levels so you have to adjust by ear.

    specs and pictures can be found here:
    http://www.ampmanaudio.com/products/details.asp?id=1188

    more info on it on the www.teamamp.com forums under ampman



    brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

    REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

    looking to upgrade..

  8. #8
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wolfey
    sorry i worded that wrong before, the knobs are labeled as to what they are, they arent labeled though for like frequencies and levels so you have to adjust by ear.

    specs and pictures can be found here:
    http://www.ampmanaudio.com/products/details.asp?id=1188

    more info on it on the www.teamamp.com forums under ampman
    Sounds AWESOME!!!



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  9. #9
    Spddracer's Avatar
    Spddracer is offline Sounds Goooooood



    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RangerMan
    Sounds AWESOME!!!
    Puts the directed 1100d and the jbl to shame in both sq and power , Im not easily impressed but I am on this one for $369




    1990 300ZX Stage IV Twin Turbo

    Pioneer Premier P940MP

    CDT HD 6.5" Comps
    JL 300/4 Active
    (2) PG Ti10d
    Directed 1100d


    "WORK HARD.....


    PEOPLE ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU"

  10. #10
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Spddracer
    Puts the directed 1100d and the jbl to shame in both sq and power , Im not easily impressed but I am on this one for $369
    I just bought a new amp...but if I can find one used...



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  11. #11
    Spddracer's Avatar
    Spddracer is offline Sounds Goooooood



    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RangerMan
    I just bought a new amp...but if I can find one used...
    What would you pay for a jbl ??? Still as new !




    1990 300ZX Stage IV Twin Turbo

    Pioneer Premier P940MP

    CDT HD 6.5" Comps
    JL 300/4 Active
    (2) PG Ti10d
    Directed 1100d


    "WORK HARD.....


    PEOPLE ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU"

  12. #12
    wolfey's Avatar
    wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think he wanted a revo not a jbl..but hey i'll give you 100 bucks for it, lol. no not dissing on the jbl its a great amp for the price too. i'd just rather pay like 80 bucks more and get a little more power, a remote knob, a subsonic filter, and a 3 year warranty, wouldnt you?



    brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

    REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

    looking to upgrade..

  13. #13
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Spddracer
    What would you pay for a jbl ??? Still as new !
    I'm about to sell mine...



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum