Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Reload Thread: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

  1. #1
    Fate710's Avatar
    Fate710 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Ok I'm in need of a few amps. I'll be putting 4 15" SS XXX in my burban and want to feed these hungry beasts.

    My first thoughts were just put 4 SS XXX-6500s on them. But then those require a chit load of power to keep them up. So then my next idea was 2 Hifonics Maxximus amps. I'm still thinkin that way.

    Any suggestions?



    Low to the earth and stanced




  2. #2
    Fate710's Avatar
    Fate710 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    la tee dah mutha truckers!



    Low to the earth and stanced

  3. 03-13-2006

    Junior Member


  4. #3
    Savstyle's Avatar
    Savstyle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fresno
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Quote Originally Posted by bumpnwit415s
    mang i gots liek 4000 wats on ma 4 15;s and it be hittin loudas than a mothafuksa. it hit lik 155 debes on tha meter. If yo got at least 4000 watt s it be loud no matta what.
    good god man u **** at life,

    how about 2 20.1's strapped per XXX? lol thats alot of power, did you allready buy them or what?



    They Call Me DARKNESS

    Gamertag: Savstyle

  5. #4
    Fate710's Avatar
    Fate710 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    I haven't bought them yet I'm waiting on final amp decisions to do that. As soon as I figure out what I'm doing I will order the subs.



    Low to the earth and stanced

  6. #5
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Quote Originally Posted by muddinxj
    But then those require a chit load of power to keep them up.
    Any amplifier combo you run with those are going to require a **** ton of power. You better have one mighty strong electrical system.




  7. #6
    diatribe's Avatar
    diatribe is offline Oh Oh Oh...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    The 4 SoundStream XXX-6500s seem like a match made in heaven for those subs. Big bucks though.

    Post pics.



    Refs: purerx7tt, VOA_NIGHTMARE, cversion7, rawdogj, lostsoul, 6spdcoupe, bigbirney420, PepsiFriend69 and a few others...

  8. #7
    negativezeroz's Avatar
    negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    -salad fingers-
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Quote Originally Posted by muddinxj
    Ok I'm in need of a few amps. I'll be putting 4 15" SS XXX in my burban and want to feed these hungry beasts.

    My first thoughts were just put 4 SS XXX-6500s on them. But then those require a chit load of power to keep them up. So then my next idea was 2 Hifonics Maxximus amps. I'm still thinkin that way.

    Any suggestions?
    Wait..aren't those 6500's like $1500/ea? Where are you getting all this $$$?



    Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

  9. #8
    Shinobi's Avatar
    Shinobi is offline Speaker no Jutsu



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    XXX 1%"s you'll wanan push about 2.5kw - 3kw each . SO a Single crown 6000GTI might do the trick or two AB VFL 400.1's or Two SS 6500D's




  10. #9
    negativezeroz's Avatar
    negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    -salad fingers-
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    XXX 1%"s you'll wanan push about 2.5kw - 3kw each . SO a Single crown 6000GTI might do the trick or two AB VFL 400.1's or Two SS 6500D's
    The 6000GTi can do just over 8000Kwrms @ 4ohm but with a 700+A draw

    The GTi manual even says multiple batteries lol
    Last edited by negativezeroz; 03-14-2006 at 01:21 PM.



    Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

  11. #10
    smd4life's Avatar
    smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    one of those jbl's would be great for those subs, once you go past about 3.5k. your gonna need a big electrical system anyway so plan on spending bout 600 to a G for wiring, batts, alt/alts,+ install




    Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

  12. #11
    saywhat?'s Avatar
    saywhat? is offline satx120, jealous?



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    H'Burg Mississippi!
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    Quote Originally Posted by smd4life
    one of those jbl's would be great for those subs, once you go past about 3.5k. your gonna need a big electrical system anyway so plan on spending bout 600 to a G for wiring, batts, alt/alts,+ install

    u ****. u should stop talking before u even think of talkin in the first place. anything over 2000 hell even 1500 needs an upgraded electrical. hell 1000 watts on the righ car will need advancements to be made. 600-1000????? you obviously havent priced **** out at all. a good alt will cost ~400 or more. batteries are expensive as ****, as is wiring when u need porlly 8 run (4 pos and 4 neg)


    look closer to 1500-2000 in electrical alone homie




  13. #12
    smd4life's Avatar
    smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    it should say 2.5... and btw i highlly doubt that the dude will make 8 runs all the way to the alt.... as for the price, i don't see 1500 unless you pay retail




    Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

  14. #13
    smd4life's Avatar
    smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    how many people would actually need an upgrade electrical system for 1000-1500 watts... jounior?




    Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

  15. #14
    Fate710's Avatar
    Fate710 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    well my electrical system is covered.

    Dual 300A Alts
    15 Runs of 0/1 Gauge
    1 Red Top For Starting
    8 Yellow Top or Kinetiks For Juice

    I know what I need for an electrical system. I think I'm just going to go with the 4 SS XXX-6500s.



    Low to the earth and stanced

  16. #15
    mazdakid's Avatar
    mazdakid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    illnoise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Amp(s) for 4 15" SS XXXs

    i think this guy is full of ****




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where Should I Mount My New Amps?
    By james33440 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 11:35 PM
  2. How to PRECISELY tune your amp's SS filter?
    By MattSWE in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
  3. 2 15" XXX's
    By bonesninja in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 01:37 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum