Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Line Driver?????

iceman112 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Line Driver?????

I just receive a audio control Epic 150 for my system and i am wondering if i should get a line driver for my systems. My question is, would it help my system installing the line drivers? Or is it a redundance to the system.......? I just started to get into the car audio thing so any addition information would be helpful......

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    ok a line driver in my opinion is always a positive for your system, what it does is it raises the signal voltage coming out of your Head Unit RCA's, the benifit of theis is that a stronger signal is going to have less knoise and distortion picked up in the RCA cords themselves, it is also giving the amps more signal to work with meaning they dont have to work as hard to put out the same sound levels or can work just as hard and put out greater sound levels, also the stronger the signal the better the sound quallity you are going to get from your speakers, so in turn your going to have greater SQ and greater SPL, the difference is night and day, if you can raise your system up to 6volts or 8 volts from the 2volts or 4volts that your head unit is putting out it will be a tremendous difference

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Denim, thank you for the info.......you seem to know a lot and i was hoping if you could assist me on getting my system better with what i currently have...Currently have in my car Sony CDX-MP30, Sony XE-90MKII EQ, Audio Control Epic 150, Audio Control Matrix, Lanzar LQ1CAP, Memphis 4X6, Memphis 6X9, 2 Concepts 15" Extreme Series in seal separate camber (1.50 cubic square feet), Memphis 2 channel, Memphis 4 channel (not sure the model). Could use help in configuring my system to get the most out of it. Any addition information would be greatly appreciated.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    one other thing the Audio Control Matrix supposely suppose to raise any pre-amp signal up 24 dB, or 13 volts peak. So what you are saying it would be very noticable......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    make sure the matrix is close to your head unit to get the cleaniest signal to your amps, move the capacitor closer to your amplifers to maximize its purpose

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your help. Learned alot.....once again thank you......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Originally posted by iceman112
    Thanks for all your help. Learned alot.....once again thank you......
    no probelm Iceman, just don't fly below the hard deck, thats against the rules

---Mavrick--

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is there anything important to look for in getting a line driver? anything that will distinguish a good one from a bad one, or are there no differences at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Moocow16
    is there anything important to look for in getting a line driver? anything that will distinguish a good one from a bad one, or are there no differences at all?
    well Audio Control and Phoenix Gold and Zapco make some of the very best, Audio Control you will see more often, I have to of their pieces and I am very happy, so much sp that i plan on buying a third

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only difference I have seen when looking to buy line drivers are their ability to strenghten your preout to 8 or 13 volts.......

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just receive a audio control Epic 150 for my system and i am wondering if i should get a line driver for my systems. My question is, would it help my system installing the line drivers? Or is it a redundance to the system.......? I just started to get into the car audio thing so any addition information would be helpful......
    it would only be helpful if you HU has high source impedance and you want to reduce it----

Or if the line driver is a balanced type and you have heavy heavy noise induct through the car

that's it
    it is also giving the amps more signal to work with meaning they dont have to work as hard to put out the same sound levels or can work just as hard and put out greater sound levels,
    amp still works just as hard---------- an it can't put out MORE power
    one other thing the Audio Control Matrix supposely suppose to raise any pre-amp signal up 24 dB, or 13 volts peak. So what you are saying it would be very noticable......
    if you don't have a noise problem than you aren't going to notice at thing
    source imedance---must be low-----and if you want a good balanced one they have extremly high noise rejection
    the only difference I have seen when looking to buy line drivers are their ability to strenghten your preout to 8 or 13 volts.......
    read above

Closed Thread