Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my amp was fine but now it??? please help

I have a rockford 700s and it was working just great but then i blew a fuse and now everytime i put a new fuse in it blows it. Is it my amp blown or what cause it was working awsome and i dunno i really need some ideas and fast.

mattj is offline Resonant Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try upgrading you inline fuse and trying to upgrade you fuses in your amp, it should help.

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    sounds like toast to me. sorry dude.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep bye bye RF700s my man. you fried the circuitry inside your amp my guess would be 1 of 2 reasons. 1 you ran too low of an impedence to it and except the BD line of RF amps they go adios when you do that. or 2 you didn't put a big enough in line fuse to it and it tried to pull more juice then could be pulled and fried the amp. the 2nd one is what i doubt is the cause of it but hey who knows. either way your amp is gone! send it to RF if you want to get it fixed.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Jdg784 is offline Yep..I'm God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Similar problem...
    Alright, I've only had my stuff installed for about two weeks, a kappa perfect 12.1 running off a rockford 500s. 4 guage ground/power, down to 8 guage into the amp. it worked fine for a few days, then just cut out on me suddenly, I thought that it might have blown the sub or the VC had gotten stuck but it started working again miraculously the next day. fine for 3 more days, similar problem..against just started working after a disconnect/recconect...then today I was driving home and it cut out on me. I pulled up to my house, stopped and looked back at my wiring. (I had unplugged it right away once it started crapping out on me). I reconnected the turn on wire to the amp and the sound from my speakers dropped severely. That and the led light didn't come on like usual. The sub kinda buzzed for a second, but that was most likely my speakers crackling whenever I plugged the amp in. Is it blown or what guys?

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    check to make sure there isnt a short in the wire somewhere....most likely the problem

Closed Thread

User Tag List