Closed Thread

Reload Thread: how good are MTX amps

agy
    agy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how good are MTX amps

I have 3 audiobabn alums and I thinking of running the 81000D MTX amp. I was wondering if that amp is a goog choice? what other amp can I run? price range $1200 and lower. Thanks

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 81000D is an awsome amp. MTX only puts out quality products, but Im not to sure of their copression circuit(the thing that lets you "Turn it up, and keep it up!") Take a look at the JBL 1200.1, its one ohm stable unlike the MTX(<-I wish it were though)

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What impedance are the audiobahn alums? Also how much power do they take? THe mtx is a real beast. I've blown like 3 infinity perfects with it because it pushes too much power into them.
    (only supposed to take 350 watts rms) I originally had 2 perfects in 1.0 cf sealed box and both subs blew. I got them warranted through infinity and they sent me 2 new ones, and i went and bought another one, so i had 3, and put them in a 1.3 cf box per chamber. After about 3 weeks i started noticing one of them making a popping noise when it got loud. SInce then i've taken out all my subs cus i dont want to blow any more, and so i've not had a system for like 3 weeks now.. i ordered a brahma and a revolution amp because it will work better for the brahma since it has no problem running at 1 ohm, and it has a subsonic filter on it which the mtx does not (i'm going to port my sub this time). If your subs are dvc 4 ohm subs then you could wire each at 8 ohms and then run them in parallel for a 2.6 ohm load to the mtx and that would work fine. It still puts out mad power. Its rated at 1500 watts at 14.4 volts and 2 ohms. CLoser to 1700-1800 watts though, thats what its been benched to do. I would say the 81000d would be a good choice for you if your subs can handle the power. If they are 4 ohm svc subwoofers then the final impedance in parallel is 1.33 ohms. This will work fine with the amp as long as you dont push your subs for a long period of time. I had mine running like that and honestly it didnt even get hot. But then again i didnt blast it for long periods of times and i dont live where its 100 degrees. If you are planning on running your system at 1 ohm then i wouldnt recommend it. I've read several posts about people doing it (not in this forum but on sounddomain i think) and didnt have a problem. BUt i think a few have been fried that way when they were pushed really hard in spl comps. Also if you need a subsonic and dont have a crossover with one built into it, then i wouldnt recommend it cus it doesnt have one.. but if you are going to vent it and tune it low it wont matter, or if you are going to run your subs sealed.

If you want i'll sell you my mtx for ~270 since i'm getting a revo. Its got some scratches but its in perfect working condition. email me at :
    wolfeym38@yahoo.com and i'll give more infomation and/or pictures if you want.
    I konw this is not the selling part of the forum but since i wont be needing the amp anymore i might as well give someone a good deal on it.

brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

looking to upgrade..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CHRIST !!!!

Jesus Christ, write a book why don't you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: CHRIST !!!!

Originally posted by Larrydehp920r

Lol, but at least it was a good post...get rid of that **** in your icon also lol.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

rsflores is offline just tryin to live,life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: CHRIST !!!!

Originally posted by ss3079
    Lol, but at least it was a good post...get rid of that **** in your icon also lol.

- Steve
    TOTAL AGREEMENT THERE STEVE

-------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha maybe next time i will write a book. Sorry i didnt have anything better to do. and looks like you didnt either if you read the whole **** thing. Right after i wrote it i realized the subs were dual 6 ohm and it wouldnt work for 3 anyways, but said f*ck it and submitted it anyways. dont act like none of you have ever made a long post before. That wasnt even that bad i've seen guys do full pages. I bet all you high schoolers in here use this sight for your reading logs anyways. haha. j/k

REVO amp

looking to upgrade..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wolfey
    haha maybe next time i will write a book. Sorry i didnt have anything better to do. and looks like you didnt either if you read the whole **** thing. Right after i wrote it i realized the subs were dual 6 ohm and it wouldnt work for 3 anyways, but said f*ck it and submitted it anyways. dont act like none of you have ever made a long post before. That wasnt even that bad i've seen guys do full pages. I bet all you high schoolers in here use this sight for your reading logs anyways. haha. j/k
    High schoolers, no no no no no no, not me lol.

Yeah my Truckin Suspension post was a little long lol.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

rco8786 is offline Studmuffin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: CHRIST !!!!

Originally posted by Larrydehp920r

dude you have **** in your avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no not you steve some of the other guys on here. I just thought it would be funny if someone did that. If i were still in high school and we had to do reading logs i would probably use this site

REVO amp

looking to upgrade..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Relax !!

Correction, I HAD **** for an icon, I hope it didn't offend anyone. I love women, especially that particular part of a woman. I guess its a little inappropriate for these forums so I changed it. Oh and by the way wolfey I was just playin' around so please take it in the way in which it was intended from now on.

So in closing about the icon that used to be there, RELAX PEOPLE !!!!

Larry

kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Agy do you like those subs? how about their SQ is it good?

THX

2009 GMC Sierra Denali

In the works...

HU= OEM
    Front stage= oem
    Back stage= oem
    Subs= oem
    AMPS= Alpine PDX 4.100, Alpine PDX 1.600

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasnt offended. Notice how i started with Haha. THat means i was laughing, it might have sounded like i was pissed but i was just joking back at ya.

REVO amp

looking to upgrade..

Closed Thread