Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Lanzar OPTI Amps

  1. #1
    mr_ruready's Avatar
    mr_ruready is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore County, NC
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Are these Amps any good? Their specs are solid.







  2. #2
    revrider1's Avatar
    revrider1 is offline Hmmm...



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Down South~3rd Coast~TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    29,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    They are Lanzars top of the line, not bad amps for the price.




  3. #3
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    very solid. they will do rated power. nothing more nothing less. mine always ran cool even at 0.5 ohms.




  4. #4
    mr_ruready's Avatar
    mr_ruready is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore County, NC
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    They are not cheap though!




  5. #5
    SBLAZER's Avatar
    SBLAZER is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In IL, south, where the epicenter rules
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    depends where u look, they are awesome amps and great for budgets




  6. #6
    takeabao's Avatar
    takeabao is offline Audiophile



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Older ZED Audio built Opti's are still regarded as some of the better amps ever made. Built like tanks, HIGHLY UNDERRATED, etc.

    I tend to recommend folks to stay away from their newer versions... Decent amps, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for them.




  7. #7
    mr_ruready's Avatar
    mr_ruready is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore County, NC
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by takeabao
    Older ZED Audio built Opti's are still regarded as some of the better amps ever made. Built like tanks, HIGHLY UNDERRATED, etc.

    I tend to recommend folks to stay away from their newer versions... Decent amps, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for them.
    What are some good budget, but quality Amps? I thinking of running a single 4 channel for a pair of comps and 1-10" ported and need 300 or so on channels 3/4, 75+ on channels 1/2.




  8. #8
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_ruready
    What are some good budget, but quality Amps? I thinking of running a single 4 channel for a pair of comps and 1-10" ported and need 300 or so on channels 3/4, 75+ on channels 1/2.

    Depends on what you consider "budget". How much is your "budget"?




  9. #9
    Jdizzle's Avatar
    Jdizzle is offline tha dirty dizzle ;)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carthage, NC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    i say get a 6 channel amp, i had a fultron memphis belle 600 6chan, running my entire system back in the day and it sounded pretty good




    99 G cherokee
    headunit: deh-p720 premeir
    Midbass: Diamond Hex 6.5
    Tweeter: LPG NFa
    Front stage amp: eclipse xa4000
    Woofage: eD 16kv.2 3.5 @ 30hz
    Sub amp: Eclipse xa1000
    87 Nissan Hardbody
    HU: Deh-p 3000ib
    Comps: eD 6500
    Front stage amp: pg 4.0:2
    Woofage: 2 9kv.2s sealed
    Sub amp: PG 4.0:2

  10. #10
    revrider1's Avatar
    revrider1 is offline Hmmm...



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Down South~3rd Coast~TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    29,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdizzle
    i say get a 6 channel amp, i had a fultron memphis belle 600 6chan, running my entire system back in the day and it sounded pretty good
    , the have one on ebay right now.




  11. #11
    mr_ruready's Avatar
    mr_ruready is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore County, NC
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr_ruready
    What are some good budget, but quality Amps? I thinking of running a single 4 channel for a pair of comps and 1-10" ported and need 300 or so on channels 3/4, 75+ on channels 1/2.


    Depends on what you consider "budget". How much is your "budget"?
    Sub $250

    i say get a 6 channel amp, i had a fultron memphis belle 600 6chan, running my entire system back in the day and it sounded pretty good
    That Memphis is nearly 3 ft long! That is way too long. I am trying to save trunk space (99 Civic) and would go with 2 amps if their footprints were small enough. I appreciate all the help I get on this forum. I'm probably a few months from buying all of the equipment I need, doing my research now so that I get good gear at good pricing.




  12. #12
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_ruready
    Sub $250
    If you can scrape together a bit more mullah: http://www.cardomain.com/item/ORI47445

    If you don't mind refurb: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2164

    Excellent deal: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/3547

    Lots o power and regulated outputs: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XENON-X200-4...QQcmdZViewItem

    Good power at a good price: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2667

    Same as above: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2657

    Again, if you don't mind refurb; http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2291

    As above; http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2471

    Good amp at a great price: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2005-Alpine-...QQcmdZViewItem

    Ugly, but a good amp none-the-less: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Precision-Po...QQcmdZViewItem




  13. #13
    imaspaceguy90's Avatar
    imaspaceguy90 is offline LOUDS10BLAZER=SCAMMER



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne,FL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    i hered opti are ok



    REFS:
    1.Erik019*2.BoominBeast*3.SBLAZER
    4.Jordantyler*5.80INCHES*6.Unbonyr
    7.zachzchw*8.Codyst8n*9.10.11.Raven2201X3
    12.Terryracing86*13.Lastcall*14.Milenko515
    15.Dont_smokerocks*16.LoudS10Blazer
    17.Jimmclrk1*18.Mattbrown0761
    19.20.ProjectPat06X3*21.Mountaineer Man
    22.Fosgate140*23.I want SExxx*24.zeanimal2001
    25.Seiser01*26.Dj-torn*27.JeremyZach*28Netherland24
    29.Mjbailey21*30.Skeptikal*31.Ravens9322
    32.Calico33*33.mattmcss*34 ibanezcollector 35.terryracing86
    36 Jordantyler 37 PWRBASS 38.keifersracing
    39. BATman 40 keifersracing 41PhatTonyDeMarco
    LoudS10Blazer IS A SCAMMER

  14. #14
    mr_ruready's Avatar
    mr_ruready is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore County, NC
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lanzar OPTI Amps

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr_ruready
    Sub $250


    If you can scrape together a bit more mullah: http://www.cardomain.com/item/ORI47445

    If you don't mind refurb: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2164

    Excellent deal: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/3547

    Lots o power and regulated outputs: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XENON-X200-4...QQcmdZViewItem

    Good power at a good price: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2667

    Same as above: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2657

    Again, if you don't mind refurb; http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2291

    As above; http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2471

    Good amp at a great price: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2005-Alpine-...QQcmdZViewItem

    Ugly, but a good amp none-the-less: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Precision-Po...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thanks Squeak, I really like the Alpine 345. I may be able to scrape enough for the 545. It is 500 rms on 3/4 bridged (300 on 345). How much more output would 500 give me as oposed to 300?

    I'd like to go with a small sealed or ported setup (1.50^3 max). Any subs ($150 range) that you could recommend for that size enclosure and 300-500 watts power handling for SQ with a little SPL?




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. *amplifiers/power ratings*
    By dbhittin in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM
  2. Lanzar OPTI amps
    By corollapower in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 04:08 AM
  3. How are the lanzar amps?
    By JohnJohn in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 02:24 PM
  4. Lanzar Opti???
    By kottonmouth in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2002, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum