Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What amp do I need to get...

Rodge is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What amp do I need to get...

I was looking at getting 2 Image Dynamic 10" v3 D2s. They can handle 250w a piece. I was looking at wiring them together at 2Ohms. What amp would be a good choice?

An amp that could power a set of components as well as a sub would be great.

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What amp do I need to get...

This issue you face here is that if you went with a 4 channel (front channels to your comps and rears brigged to a sub) is that most are not 2 ohm stable in brigged mode. If you get two dual 4's and wire them to show the amp a 4 ohm load, then you have lots options. In this case you will need a 4 channel that does 500+ watts rms brigged to the rear. There are a ton of amps to look at in this category.

What comps are you running?

What is you amp budget?

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Rodge is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well right now I'm just trying to get an idea of what everything was going to cost me. I was originally looking at a DLS setup. The UP6's for the comps, a 10" Iridium, and the Ultimate A5 for the amp.

I have an 06 Doublecab Tacoma, and tacotunes.com makes a dual 10" box that will fit nicely behind the back seat. They recommend the ID 10" for that setup, so I decided I would get two 10" ID v3 D2s instead of one DLS Iridium 10". The A5 will put out 500w @ 2Ohm, and 2x85w @ 4 Ohms for the comps.

I still plan on going with the UP6's for my comps. Should I just stick with the amp as well? The thing is, I've only ever ran one sub in any of my setups, so I don't know how big of an amp I'd need for 2 speakers hooked up as one. I'm assuming the 500w would be split equally, but then again, like I said I have no experience doing it that way.

Just so you know my budget is rather open right now. I was planning on using my income tax return to fund this little project.

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes the 500 should split equally for 250 a piece. You definately have some very nice equipment there. Not sure if you really need 2 10" for a pickup, but that's just me....one 10" or 12" would be plenty for me....all I have ever wanted/needed is a single 12" in a sealed enclosure + 500 watts of nice clean power!

I would consider throwing a little more power on those fronts. That way you have more dynamic headroom to work with which is always nice. Not sure what the DLS lineup has to offer though.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Rodge is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fox Pro...it's a double cab, so basically it's a car.

Closed Thread