Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

300 watt rms 2 channel amp money not a problem

alright i am looking to get rid of my 600.4 hot as a mother amp and get something that won't go into thermal protect on me. i want 300watts rms by 2 at 4 ohm. i know that limits myself down to a few selections but money isn't an issue as of now i'll just save for it and buy one. i was thinking zapco, jl something like that any suggestions welcome. except for PG you suggest PG i will laugh at you j/k i just think PG needs to update there stuff and turn down the price.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    usamps? im trying to remember which model it is. solid amps...a little on the expensive side, but will last forever.

eric

WANG MOON PRODUCTIONS, inc.

overpecker & audiomobile's biggests ANTI-fan

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    figure out a model # for me if you can. money really ins't a problem i am leaning heavily towards zapco b/c they are clean great amps and also my buddy works at a store where i'm hoping he could get me cost on one hehe. thank you and more suggestions are welcome.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does it have to be 300x2, or can it be 600x1...whats your plans?

the usa600 is 600 watts rms @ 2 ohm mono, and the usa600x is 600 @ 4 ohm...although they typically put out about 1.5x the power of what theyre rated.

http://www.usamps.com/products/inv/usa-600.htm

there are some other ******* amps there too. im getting the usa2000 here when i get the money to do it.

eric

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and if you need a 4 channel, these are solid amps:

http://www.usamps.com/products/multi-channel.htm

eric

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well put it this way, this amp is running my comps and that's it hehe. i am running my 600.4 to them bridged giving them around 150rms a piece and they don't seem to pissy so i'm gonna try and keep it between 100-175 a piece so yeah 300x2 is my goal for an amp.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    well put it this way, this amp is running my comps and that's it hehe. i am running my 600.4 to them bridged giving them around 150rms a piece and they don't seem to pissy so i'm gonna try and keep it between 100-175 a piece so yeah 300x2 is my goal for an amp.

adam
    if youre gonna do 100-175 each, then why do you want 300x2? you arent bi-amping them, are you?

eric

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gonna pitch the MB's in the back doors run only my canton comps and pitch the RF amp b/c it goes into thermal protect every 20min or so kinda pisses me off ya know. so i'm thinking a good 300watt 2 channel amp to run them will work fine.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gonna pitch the MB's in the back doors run only my canton comps and pitch the RF amp b/c it goes into thermal protect every 20min or so kinda pisses me off ya know. so i'm thinking a good 300watt 2 channel amp to run them will work fine.

adam
    you have room in the trunk for your current amp? if so, you could trunk mount it, get it up off the mounting surface slightly (1/4" bushings or something), and put a fan on it, and that would save you some money, but if you HAVE to get a new amplifier, i guess you just HAFTA.

eric

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 300 watt rms 2 channel amp money not a problem

PG needs to update there stuff and turn down the price.

adam
    agreed...............USAmps does sound like a good idea, but I would also look at GENESIS (ENGLISH, very very very high quality SQ amp), Zapco does sound like a good idea ( cos Im getting one ), but also, and I think importatly, try to get hold of LinearPower amps - they will not disappoint............they dont look nothing specal but the 6 year warranty and te phrase "looks ca be deceiving" was made for this amp.........if ure really interested speak to EarCandy on termpro-he works for them and is a great dude

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey jtmoney are you saying in your post that you have a 600.4 or are looking to get one?? one thing to warn you about from personal experiece is those suckers get really hot really fast, now it may also be that i have my comps bridged to 2 channel's on the amp and they are 4 ohm speakers but wouldn't that give me the 300x2 @4ohm?? i thought it would i might be wrong. yeah i think i'm gonna keep this amp and when i make my amp rack in the tailgate area which will be on the back of my box right near the back window, i will prolly just put like 2 or 3 fans back there to push hot air out.

adam

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    hey bumpin...check out the profile 1200SX at 4ohms it puts out 300x2@4ohms;450x2@2ohms; or 900x1 bridged @4ohms..... you can get it at the zeb for 249.99

also check out the profile clarus CL1200 same specs better line of amps for 299.99 at the zeb...
    Last edited by MikeofTulsa; 09-10-2002 at 03:17 PM.

kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have as much experience with you guys, but with my $.00002 I can be able to recomend you a Brax amp... I just heard one of them, a 4 channel hooked up to 2 sets of Dynaudio 3 way comp.... It just pounded hard, soft, high but crystal clear...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have an alpine amp...........mrd-m300 at it seems to have worked for me very well. Plus i have heard several times that it is an amp that does not heat up a much as many amps do. T or F?

Head: Clarion DXZ725
    Door Speakers: 4 6.5" Clarion
    Subs: 2 10" Ultimate UX
    Amp: Alpine MRD-M300

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well not to be rude but i personally haven't and never ever in a million years will buy an alpine product. personally i do not like anything they make and won't ever touch their stuff. i know it can be good but i don't like it.

adam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List