Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Which amp to buy?

saveyaself is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which amp to buy?

Ok so I'm going to be setting up a whole new system in my car and I need to get an amp and some subs. Right now I'm trying to stay around $500-600 for the amp and subs. I've been looking at probably getting a 2 channel kicker amp (been hearing good things about kicker amps). I'm not sure on what type subs i'm going to get yet. I'm looking at probably 2 10's or 2 12's but other than that I'm not sure. Just looking to get something that sounds pretty good and hits pretty hard. If anyone has any suggestions on an amp and some subs then please let me know. Help a newbie out here...

millerscents is offline who knows what i am

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which amp to buy?

you will get alot of people saying type R but i say go with what sounds good to you and with what cash flow tells you

02 chevy trailblazer ext
    00 dodge ram quad cab
    02 chevy impala

to broke to think of any thing
    still trying to save money
    for the right setup

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well say I went with either two 10" or 12" Alpine Type-R's. What would be a good amp to run those? I'm looking to probably get a kicker amp but I'm open to all suggestions. Right now I'm just not sure with what I want to go with and I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance...

SBLAZER is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

orion 2500d.

Cbass is offline Livin Loud!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBLAZER
    orion 2500d.
    too much power for 2 type R's

get a kicker kx1200.1

Or a RF T10001bd

Both great amps

Front Stage: Kicker DS600.2 Comps
    Rear Fill: Kicker KS693
    Sub Stage: Pair 10's Kicker CVX 2.8 cubes @ 37.5hz
    Mids/highs amp: Exile X600.4
    Sub amp: Exile X1200.1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u really dont kno do u.lmao like i said orion 2500d. think be4 u speak plz. be smart

dustinr is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u really dont kno do u.lmao like i said orion 2500d. think be4 u speak plz. be smart
    smart? This guy is a newbie, as he made us aware.. He is clearly not ready to overpower his subs that MUCH & even if he WAS.. recheck his budget. Yeah clearly not enough for a Orion 2500d. Now whos the smart one?

If I were you bro.. get a eD NINe.1 from Elemental Designs. They are $315 if you use the forum coupon code. Would be great for powering 2 10" or 12" Type R's They are well built amps, that never get hot. And on top of all of that.. they come with a 3 year warranty. Heres some more info : http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...=Specs&cur=USD

If you do decide to go eD.. let me know & I'll get that forum coupon code for you

Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who cares if he is a n00b. he wouldn't be gettin the best out of the sub wit juss a 9.1 mister its not 2 much power for anyone. and it is in his budger. he can get a used viper 2500.1 within his budget. so u also, think be4 u speak. i kno wha im talkin about. and he wouldnt be over powerin. 1 12 can take that amp all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who cares if he is a n00b. he wouldn't be gettin the best out of the sub wit juss a 9.1 mister its not 2 much power for anyone. and it is in his budger. he can get a used viper 2500.1 within his budget. so u also, think be4 u speak. i kno wha im talkin about. and he wouldnt be over powerin. 1 12 can take that amp all day.
    First off, how about getting some grammar? The eD NINe.1 would fit his budget/needs perfectly. It will put out 1400 watts at 1 ohm, which would be 700 to each subwoofer. Have you ever even owned a eD NINe.1? Quit comparing **** when you don't even know what your talking about.

Viper 2500.1? First it was the Orion 2500D. Get your **** straight man.. seriously!
    Orion 2500D refurb = $399+$24 shipping through ikesound.com
    2 Alpine Type R 12" = $210 +$40 shipping through ikesound.com

Looks like we went over his budget a tad, huh? Now what was that you said..?

so u also, think be4 u speak.
    Take your own advice kid.

Get the eD NINe.1, you'll thank me.

Dustin

Polecat is offline Team Kicker Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

guys, we're arguing power when he hasn't even decided on drivers yet...

poster: go listen to the subs you like, and then I reccomend choosing power. No need to get a 1000 watt amp to a woofer that needs 2000 watts, and visa versa...choose drivers you like, and prefer, then get power.

In Memory of Greg Welch

Team Kicker
    Kinetik Juiced

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm thinking about actually going with two Type-R 12's. I had the Type-R's in mind before I posted but I wasnt a 100% sure what I wanted to go with. So any if anyone else has some suggestions on amps to power two Type-R's, then I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SORRY 2 BUST YA BUBBLE 9.1 WONT PUT OUT 1400W@1OHM. so uhhh sorry. i kno wha im talkin about mister, more than u do. been around these products tested em and i kno wha they do. it may be rated for that much doesnt mean it'll do it once it gets in the car. im sure he'll see an impedence rise and also voltage. so umm he is not gonna get 700w 2 each sub. lucky if he gets 500. he can get a used viper for around 350shipped. and the Rs go for 200 for the pair. so try again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SORRY 2 BUST YA BUBBLE 9.1 WONT PUT OUT 1400W@1OHM. so uhhh sorry. i kno wha im talkin about mister, more than u do. been around these products tested em and i kno wha they do. it may be rated for that much doesnt mean it'll do it once it gets in the car. im sure he'll see an impedence rise and also voltage. so umm he is not gonna get 700w 2 each sub. lucky if he gets 500. he can get a used viper for around 350shipped. and the Rs go for 200 for the pair. so try again
    How old are you seriously? Burst ya bubble? It won't? Its rated to do 1200 @ 1 ohm at 12volts(really underated) and my friend has one of these amps and his birthsheet reads 1400+ so.. like you said..

so uhhh sorry. i kno wha im talkin about mister
    Seriously. Quit talking like YOU KNOW what your talking about. Back your **** up if you want to prove something. You've prob. never even owned a eD amp in your life, nor been around one.

Also, the Viper runs $355+shipping @ ikesound.. oh and GL trying to find one refurb'd at that price elsewhere. So $355 + $23shipping = $373 Two 12" Alpine Type R's from ikesound = $230 + $50 shipping = $280shipped..

So let's see.. $373+$280 =$653.00. Looks like we went over his budget, *******.

As noted above already, get the NINe.1. Not only do you NOT have to worry about getting ripped for buying a refurb/used amplifer.. but they come with a 3 year warranty. And I don't care what kinda amp it is.. alot can happen in 3 years!

Also.. on a final note.. please ignore users like SBLAZER. All they do is go around spamming BS about **** they've never even had and dreamed of having. When I buy something, I look for something thats gonna last.. not something thats been used/refurbished and only last me a short peroid. (not saying refurbs/used items are bad) But with a 3 year warranty.. seriously, how could you go wrong?

If you have anymore questions.. don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks,
    Dustin

Polecat is offline Team Kicker Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saveyaself
    Well I'm thinking about actually going with two Type-R 12's. I had the Type-R's in mind before I posted but I wasnt a 100% sure what I wanted to go with. So any if anyone else has some suggestions on amps to power two Type-R's, then I'm all ears.
    <runs around fight above>

Kicker KX12001
    Viper
    DEI 1100
    Ed nine

In Memory of Greg Welch

Team Kicker
    Kinetik Juiced

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

bikejunkie223 is offline Dls Wh0re

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If your take is "be smart" maybey you should consider writing your post in friggin' english. I know....actual words take too much time to type. As for the amp part, a kicker 1200.1 would rock those things, But the others might be okay too. I'm not an spl guy, so I don't know much about what amp makes 26,000,000,000,000,000,000watts into 1ohm to drill some subs so loud you don't even need mids and highs. I do know it is a good idea to at least read your own post for errors prior to blowing it on the internet. Idiocy is neither cool, nor and excuse.
    Last edited by bikejunkie223; 09-23-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Shop smart...Shop S-Mart... YOU GOT THAT!!!!!!!!

salsa shark....

Current Setup:
    Vehicle: 2004 Honda Civic Si
    Head: DEH 860MP
    Mid/High: Dls UP-6
    Subs: Dls Iridium 10
    Amp: Xtant 403a
    Other:Valentine 1 radar detector with remote display, Pioneer ipod controller, XM sat radio, Rear fill was determined to be a part of a communist plot to destroy our way of life and was henceforth banished from my car

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast