Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Jl Audio amps and using the EQ

JettaGLI is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jl Audio amps and using the EQ

I have mine turned off right now, and, when I turn it on, the system sounds overpowered. It seems to me that it is just one more thing that adds confusion to the loop. I have a parametric on my avic n2, so why use both?

Anyone have one of these amps and NOT use the EQ?

JettaGLI is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jl Audio amps and using the EQ

Haha, I was taking a **** and reading the manual, you konw, just for someting to read... and.... I realized that the whole EQ setup on the amp is centered around the bass boost.

Well, I have the bass boost remote knob, and.. I didn't realize that when plugged in, it defeated the bass boost knob on the amp. Since my bass boost knob was always up full blast, that explains why every time I turned on the eq my system would sound like **** and I would have to turn the gains way down.

It all makes sense now, + it's nice to actually have a bass boost knob I now know how to use. I have the system setup with no boost at all, but If I want to, all I have to do is turn the knob. I used to have it set up with the remote knob turned all the way up, not knowing what was actually going on, and the only time I would use it would be when I turned down the music to attenuate the bass.

That is what you get for having a shop do all of the work for you.

Learn something new every day I guess!

Closed Thread