Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How do I check if my amps blown with no multi meter, and no visible signs of blowout

snoopywho is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do I check if my amps blown with no multi meter, and no visible signs of blowout

I am running 2x900 watt subs off a 1200 watt amp. Could this be the problem? I have rewired everything and changed all variables (head unit, tested subs on stereo outs and they still work, a new amp etc) Amp light goes on (not on protection light) but subs stay off. Does this sound like a blown amp? Cant get system to work full stop although 6x9s still run fine off stereo. No fuses are blown anywhere. Just a total mystery to me. Can anyone help?

Slaugh is offline CarAudio.com Moron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do I check if my amps blown with no multi meter, and no visible signs of blowout

make sure your subwoofer output is enabled on your head unit first...

get the multimeter, rotate it to measure alternate current voltage and put the - of it on the - of the speaker out - and + on the speaker out + of the amp (where the subs were supposed to connected)... test each channel and then the bridge... crank up the volume like theres a subwoofer connected to it, see if any voltage comes on the amp... if you're sure your head unit is sending signal to the amp inputs and you sure you didnt blow any fuse, then you must have blown something on the amp...

re check the connections, dont assume too quickly it's blown thou...

Rattlebrain is offline alcoholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do I check if my amps blown with no multi meter, and no visible signs of blowout

Do I understand right? You changed the amp as well and still no sound? Is this a new install or did it happen suddenly? If its a new install I would check wiring, RCS'a and setting on the HU. What HU are you using. Some HU with dedicated RCA outs for your subs, have a control in the HU that needs to be adjusted. Maybe that will help you out. If not, we may need a little more info about you system. Brands, power etc.
    Good luck!

B.O.H.I.C.A.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    I do not believe in drinking in moderation. Seems like a waste of potential.

Closed Thread