Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Where to mount amp

KayGee is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where to mount amp

I'm building a box for my Kicker s12L5's, and when I get them installed, I was wondering where I should mount the amp. Should I screw it ontop of the box? On the side? where should I put it? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well it all depends on how big of an amp u r planning on using to run those puppies! the most typical place is on the back portion of the backseat that flips down. but that is what alot of people do. i have installed amny systems and i made a rack underneath the drivers seat which is great fro stealth but it really depends on the size and efficiency of the amp(if it heats up easily or not) but there are all kidna of places use ur imagination.

peace

KayGee is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to be using a JBL 1200.1.

MinorSkills is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I own a JBL 1200.1 too. I had mine installed on top of my box in my trunk. I have a hatch back and at 3 oclock when I got off work it would be 100 degrees in my car and the amp would get into protection mode for awhile till it cooled off, so now I'm thinking I need to either build an amp rack with a fan or do something else, I havent decided yet. But you definately have to mount it somewhere, my friend just left his unmounted and it rolled all around in his trunk. If I could install it somewhere up front so it could be cooled off when I turned my A/C on , that would be straight, but you also have to think, it would make you a little hot after playing awhile. The protection mode isnt a huge thing, it usually comes back on by the time I get home so we're talking 10-15 most to cool the inside of the car with just the windows down.

Closed Thread