+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Prv Audio AD3500.1-2ohm

evilmonstertruk is online now Premium Member evilmonstertruk is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

Prv Audio AD3500.1-2ohm

First look

It is small. Smaller than my CT sounds 125.2. But this is very dense and feels well made. Nothing flimsy.

I hope tomorrow I get to install this. I hope to God that the fans aren't super loud!!

More review to come

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks audiobaun thanked for this post

audiobaun is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

Re: Prv Audio AD3500.1-2ohm

Interesting!! Ive been wondering how these perform within the Mono/ Bass sector? Ive heard the stereo amps, but havent heard any of the mono amps or have been able to get any information on the performance of them. Im sure that you will not hear any fan noise if it performs properly..SubScribed!! Let us know how it does??

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid [email protected] Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft [email protected] CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine [email protected],Autotek BTX [email protected] AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Mayhem is online now Tiddies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

If you're feeding a sub 3.5k I don't think you'll be able to hear the fans...

It's just really hard for me to wrap my head around that these amps actually do rated. They are so small.

Brazilians did two things right, produce big booty women and make tiny amps that do power

Team Fi 12
    CT 4000.1
    CT 125.4
    CT 60.4
    Crescendo Mids/Tweets
    80PRS
    Urmominthepassenger

5. Likes bigblank69, erod856 liked this post
    evilmonstertruk is online now Premium Member evilmonstertruk is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Interesting!! Ive been wondering how these perform within the Mono/ Bass sector? Ive heard the stereo amps, but havent heard any of the mono amps or have been able to get any information on the performance of them. Im sure that you will not hear any fan noise if it performs properly..SubScribed!! Let us know how it does??
    We will see. Don't think my new alternator will go in today but this probably will.

The manual, the part where it goes over power connections is confusing me. I know having a extra battery would benefit me but I didn't do it yet because I wanted the mechman installed first. I'm going to just do 0 gauge to a 4gauge reducer.

What do you think of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

I cant read/blow that up The big 3 and two good batts with 0 ga supply would be fine till you get that alt in, but go easy on the gain..stay above 12v on a low note..

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid [email protected] Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft [email protected] CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine [email protected],Autotek BTX [email protected] AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

I cant read/blow that up The big 3 and two good batts with 0 ga supply would be fine till you get that alt in, but go easy on the gain..stay above 12v on a low note..

Hertz Mafia is online now FEATHER RUFFLER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonstertruk View Post
    We will see. Don't think my new alternator will go in today but this probably will.

The manual, the part where it goes over power connections is confusing me. I know having a extra battery would benefit me but I didn't do it yet because I wanted the mechman installed first. I'm going to just do 0 gauge to a 4gauge reducer.

What do you think of this?

Put the alt in before the amp. Otherwise your going to be making a thread saying how my amp blew up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

That will be fine temp.Id run two AGM batts like I have if you have the room..with 0 ga supply and big 3 upfront batt run 0ga +to rear batt..)ga Ground at rear to the frame.come off - post to a solid distro block as well as a fused distro block make it easy to add a third batt later if needed,.Not sure what vehicle you have, but?I ran same batts in my CRV that are in my sig with a stock 80-90 amp alt with the ELD by-pass that most Hondas have, and ran my Matts @1500-1750 rms @2ohms mono on the daily..for 3-5 k its going to take a good 3-4 batts on a stock alt of 120-140 amp alt.to stay at 12v or better on alow note..you may see 11.6 on a low.Rpm of 1k-2k up in the 13s possibly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

I ran a short run 0 to all my sub amps..approx 18" from the distro fused block in rear..120 amp fused on ea..2-300s up front for two runs for 4 sub amps..changing to 3 after new alt on my rebuild

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

Be sure to get a 0,2,ga ANL fuse holder at the main batt..Id run a 200 be fine/shouldnt hurt anything on the 0 ga run to the rear..deff need a Fused Distro Block from rear batt/batts Poss?+ post from 0,2.- 0-4 ga..again, ANL fuses are my preference..Fuse for the amp there.Stinger make great Blocks and have never failed me over the years and Lord knows how many installs over the years.A solid Non Fused 0,2ga-0,4ga will be just fine as well,makes grounding so much easier

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

That will be fine temp.Id run two AGM batts like I have if you have the room..with 0 ga supply and big 3 upfront batt run 0ga +to rear batt..)ga Ground at rear to the frame.come off - post to a solid distro block as well as a fused distro block make it easy to add a third batt later if needed,.Not sure what vehicle you have, but?I ran same batts in my CRV that are in my sig with a stock 80-90 amp alt with the ELD by-pass that most Hondas have, and ran my Matts @1500-1750 rms @2ohms mono on the daily..for 3-5 k its going to take a good 3-4 batts on a stock alt of 120-140 amp alt.to stay at 12v or better on alow note..you may see 11.6 on a low.Rpm of 1k-2k up in the 13s possibly?
    Its a 2011 Accord. 130amp stock. Big 3, AGM upfront 0 guage to the trunk. Distro for 2 two channel amps and a Clarion dpx15001. I don't have any issues with voltage right now. Stays in the mid 13s on big notes. I don't listen to decaf or anything bass crazy. Rap and mostly metal/rock. And Stern!!!

I got the mechman because I have put 150k on my car in three years and had a similar setup the whole time so its a preemptive upgrade.

I was going to hook it up today to make sure it works for one, and see how the fans are. Then install the alt and a battery in the back(now) 😀 Need to get a box built for my Sundown z12v3, or that OG XXX that's in the classifieds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

I tore out my Air box in the CRV and put a short Air Intake filter on the Throttle Body and had room to place a bracket/holder for a full sized Batt under the hood.and gave me room to do the ELD Bypass easily, Tire well held other batt and majority of the wiring.Drilled a hole in tire well and found a spot for the )ga Ground wire on the Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

Its a 2011 Accord. 130amp stock. Big 3, AGM upfront 0 guage to the trunk. Distro for 2 two channel amps and a Clarion dpx15001. I don't have any issues with voltage right now. Stays in the mid 13s on big notes. I don't listen to decaf or anything bass crazy. Rap and mostly metal/rock. And Stern!!!

I got the mechman because I have put 150k on my car in three years and had a similar setup the whole time so its a preemptive upgrade.

I was going to hook it up today to make sure it works for one, and see how the fans are. Then install the alt and a battery in the back(now) 😀 Need to get a box built for my Sundown z12v3, or that OG XXX that's in the classifieds.

If you find yourself loosing out put it will be that ELD bringing you back down to 12v and kick back up once driving or running that RPM back up..It tappers from time to time to save fuel/a Fuel Economy feature that majority Hondas have and can get really annoying to say the least..LOL.Drove me Nuts till I found that Keep_hope_alive found a way to by-pass it to maintain voltage. I took the risk, and ran all the power I needed without doing a beef up on my roofing.Close to Creasing Im sure, but Ill never really know since its gone now..LOL..That joker Fired up every single day and drove me anywhere I desired

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

If you find yourself loosing out put it will be that ELD bringing you back down to 12v and kick back up once driving or running that RPM back up..It tappers from time to time to save fuel/a Fuel Economy feature that majority Hondas have and can get really annoying to say the least..LOL.Drove me Nuts till I found that Keep_hope_alive found a way to by-pass it to maintain voltage. I took the risk, and ran all the power I needed without doing a beef up on my roofing.Close to Creasing Im sure, but Ill never really know since its gone now..LOL..That joker Fired up every single day and drove me anywhere I desired
    I have read that post and all the comments. It seems doable. It does scare me a little. I run my headlights to keep the voltage up. Also the rear defroster works too.

Thanks for the advice. I knew when I bought something in this power range things would have to change. But that's cool, the car almost paid off so its going to be my project car anyways soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1988 Post(s)

You will never hear that fan unless you have your rear seat/seats down and volume all way down at idle..I could hear my 8" scroll fan running at that point in the CRV keeping the amp cooled down in the rear.Id at lest test it out?? What better to spend a Sat with new goods..Its like Christmas..Its raining here, so Im taking a break till it passes, and start back in my sealing/Framing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast