Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK

n2caraudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK

First impression: The Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK are quite beautiful amplifiers, although the pictures cannot pick it up. The heatsink fins are machined aluminum, but they have an almost chrome shine to them. The amps have a nice solid feel with the exception of the bottom plate, which is an access panel to the internal workings of the amplifier. As far as the connectors go, the rca inputs are very high quality and have a nice solid feel to them when plugging in male rca connectors. I was surprised to see screw terminals on such a well built amplifier. They work ok for a lower power amp like this, but I would only hope that the larger XXK amplifiers would have either larger screws for power, or the straight wire connectors like most modern amplifiers come with.

Specs:
    Arc Audio 2050XXK
    Stereo @ 4 ohms: 2 x 50 watts
    Stero @ 2 ohms: 2 x 95 watts
    Bridged @ 4 ohms: 1 x 190 watts
    THD %: <.05%
    Freq Response: 20 Hx - 20 KHz
    Signal to Noise Ratio: 100db
    Seperation: >75db
    Transient Dist.: <.01
    Input Sensitivity: 250 mv - 2.5 v
    Bass Boost +18 db @ 45Hz
    Crossover (Butterworth): 55Hz 5.5kHz 12db stereo
    Max Current Draw: 28 amps
    Damping Factor: >300 @ 1Khz
    Dimensions: 8.75 x 8 x 3.35

Arc Audio 4050XXK
    Stereo @ 4 ohms: 4 x 50 watts
    Stero @ 2 ohms: 4 x 90 watts
    Bridged @ 4 ohms: 2 x 180 watts
    THD %: <.07%
    Freq Response: 20 Hx - 20 KHz
    Signal to Noise Ratio: 95db
    Seperation: >65db
    Transient Dist.: <.01
    Input Sensitivity: 250 mv - 2.5 v
    Bass Boost +18 db @ 45Hz
    Crossover (Butterworth): 55Hz 5.5kHz 12db stereo
    Max Current Draw: 46 amps
    Damping Factor: >300 @ 1Khz
    Dimensions: 13 x 8 x 3.35

For the first test I hooked up the Arc 4050XXK to the front 6.5 MBQuart Components, and the rear MBQuart 6x8s. The 2050XXK was hooked up to the 12 Fi sub bridged at 4 ohms. Once this was done, I started adjusting the settings on the amplifiers. Even from the back of the vehicle with only the radio on, I could pick out instruments and sounds in the music that had not been as pronounced in the reference amplifier.
    Once all the gains and crossover points were set, I put all equializtion at 0db and turned the bass boost on each amp to the 0 position. I put in some familiar cds just to see if I could pick out things that I hadn't heard since my Zapco amplifiers. I immediatley noticed that some of the reverb from the vocals were more pronounced and natural sounding. Things like the snapping of fingers and the breathing in between vocals all became pronounced and audible. The tamborines, which are heard in the background became more a part of the music. Both amps played with very good power and authority for being only 50 watts per channel. Once pushed beyond their capabilities, I noticed an immeditate drop in sound quality, so it is very easy to know when you're exceeding the limits of the amplifiers.
    For the next test I hooked up the 4050XXK and left out the 2050XXK. I wanted to see how flexible this amplifier really is. I drove the four door speakers at 2 ohms, with the front outputs and the sub bridged off the rear outputs at 4 ohms. This test was very predictable, but I wanted to prove it to myself anyway. The sub had no change in output or clarity between the 2050XXK and using the rear out of the 4050XXK. The four door speakers sounded every bit as good as they did when at 4 ohms, however couldn't get quite as loud as before without becoming audibly edgy.

Conclusion:
    The Arc is quite powerful and seems to put out more than what the rated power says. The power coming from this amplifier would probably satisfy most daily drivers, and no doubt would make even the most critcal ear happy. However, if you're looking for amp that you really want to crank up, I would suggest the next more powerful xxk.
    Bruce
    n2caraudio.com

cleansoundzz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK

Good information.

02 4-Runner-Alpe CDE-HD148BT-Acntrl 3.1-Alpe PDX F4 on Crssfre Sprates-Alpe PDX M12 on JL Audio HO210G-W3v3
    90 300zx-Alpe CDE-147BT-Acntrl 3.1 Alpe PDR F50 on Crssfre Separates-Alpe PDR M65 on NVX XQW104 @35hz

REFERENCES: BEATNOUTDAFRAME, VIVEET, CX-7HEAVEN, GMAN42, SUNDOWNZ, ZERMELO, M3NTAL, GAM3OVR, HEMI=22s, PROJECTPECKIN, KRISFNBZ, WHEELIEKING71, MR. RONIN-2U, ROBERTQ, DJM4RSHM21LOW, BLACKBONNIE, GYMFREAK101, STUCKINOK, SIACARMAN, ONEINTHESAC, 97SRAD750, ETC AND MANY MANY MORE[/FONT]
    Formerly cleansoundz

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Didnt read a whole lot but they look a little cheap IMO....

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

carguy83 is offline DLS Iridiums

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Old thread...

But I'm running similar amps in my setup..and yes they are indeed great amps. I'm running a 4150-XXK to my Iridiums and a 1500-XXK to the Nobelium sub.

[Head Unit] Eclipse CD-5100
    [Amps] Arc Audio 1500-XXK, Arc Audio 4150-XXK
    [EQ] Arc Audio XEQ
    [Rear Fill] Boston Acoustics SL65
    [Front Stage] DLS Iridium 8.3i
    [Subwoofer] DLS Nobelium 12
    [Dampeners] Hushmat, Cascade Audio Deflex
    [Wiring] Kicker Hyperflex, Audison Interconnects

Refs: Slickrick, Moe Lester, 3.5Max6spd, 6Spdcoupe, Kpr10is, Vincent9515, NisAznMonk, etc etc

phrostbyte0311 is offline USMC Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Didnt read a whole lot but they look a little cheap IMO....
    Hey now! Your talking bout my home town's company! Arc Audio is straight outta Modesto CA. However you might think the amp looks is irrelevant to how it sounds bro. I'm just messin wit cha anyways!

2002 Chevy Camaro 35th Anniv. Edition
    Head Unit-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794
    Subs-1 15" Sundown Audio SA-15 2 Ohm DVC
    Sub Amp-Audioque AQ1200D
    Front Stage-6.5" Digital Designs DDAW6.5 Components
    Mids & Highs Amp-Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
    Rear Stage-6.5" JL Audio C2 Evolution Components
    EQ, Crossover, Processor-Arc Audio XEQ Equalizer
    Electrical-XS Power D3400 battery, Knu Konceptz 1/0 & 4 Gauge, Big 3
    Sound Damp-Over 80 sq. ft. of Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Overkill & Lux Liner

Closed Thread