Closed Thread

Reload Thread: The new Zed amps!!

Pooods is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The new Zed amps!!

Today I took the new Deuce amp to the local shop where I once worked many years back. They once sold the old Zeds so the owner was excited when he saw this. We put it in a simulator he has and powered it with a 150 amp power supply. 2 RF 12's were hooked to it in a 4 ohm load mono. The amp did exactly what we expected. It is underrated just like the old Zeds were. Awesome sound and more power than the 1000 watt brand X that it replaced on the simulator. Very pleased so far.

Tomorrow a local guy that still runs old Zeds in his car will come over to the shop. They are going to replace his VII Zeus with this amp and run it on his horns. Then they will replace his Autotek 333 with this amp and run midbass with it. I can't wait to see how it compares.

Old school amp with new amp warranty!!

Pooods is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The new Zed amps!!

We replaced the VII Zeus with the new Deuce on a set of horns. The SQ was better with the new Zed, but the VII was a little louder. The owner of the car said he would choose the Deuce after listening to the amp in his car for a day.

Pooods is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The new Zed amps!!

We did another test with the Gladius this time. A local guy running MB Quarts as his front stage brought his car over. We pulled his Zapco 2.0 and installed the little Zed. I am not the greatest at evaluating SQ, so I had to take the so called SQ experts opinions. They all agreed that the Zap was a tiny bit better at 2 things. Separation and the tip top of the highs were those 2 things. However, it was minumal at best. This Zed did not have the brown burr option and that may be all it needed to almost equal the Zap. Oh yeah, the Zed was nearly $300 cheaper!
    We tested it against an old Hifoncs in sq and it sounded cleaner. I once loved the sound of the old Zeds so I am really pleased with the sound of these new amps.
    I will be ordering a couple more soon.

Closed Thread