+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: old school Soundstream amps.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1408 Post(s)

Re: old school Soundstream amps.

Quote Originally Posted by brian84corvette View Post
    does this amp fall under the same catagory as old school sound stream ?
    because ive seen the exact same amp labeled sound stream 303
    Hell, Ive never seen one like that man..Looks like a collectors piece you have there for some collector.Kinda reminds me of the US amps old style.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

ScottWatkins is offline Fuse Popper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace956 View Post
    Hey Scott,
    That was a great amp. Why havn't you ever used it? Is there anything you would like to know about it?

ace956
    I just never got around to using the amp. I know something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what would be a fair price if I were to sell it?

Thanks.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1408 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottWatkins View Post
    I just never got around to using the amp. I know something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what would be a fair price if I were to sell it?

Thanks.
    Being mint,its prob worth approx. $130 in my opinion

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1408 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottWatkins View Post

Thanks.
    Ive been dealing with amplifiers since 87/88 up to date new and used,buying and selling

rickmandick is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace956 View Post
    hey rickmandrick, I'm with you on the hearing thing. Not only did I have a mad car audio system, 2-15" subs with a real 1000 watts, 2-10" midbass, 4-5" mids, 4 tweets and a middle channel., but i am was a musician in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I have permanant ringing in my ears and my high end is gone. I follow after peter Townsend from the who. he is completely def in one ear. oh yeah, JR is not in business anymore. i bought most of his inventory. sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but my computer took a dump about 3 days ago. Right now I'm using an old laptop running iWndows Vista, uuuuh.

ace956
    Yeah I have tinnitus too, the only thing that makes it go away is loud music. I saw Jr on another avenue as recently as last week, still selling his old SS parts. I have a strange question, but if you were responsible for the building and designing of those amps, why aren't you putting out your own amps for audiophiles? I know about china and major corporations, but I would think a market could exist..

Hu: Alpine Pioneer 7500bt
    Sub Amp: Digital Designs Z1
    High Amp: Lanzar Opti 100x4
    Subs: 2x SQ HDC312's, Custom by Splaudiodean
    Interior: Soundqubed
    Alt: Mechman 270amp Ford 6g
    Wire: 1/0 Knu Ofc
    Batteries: East Penn

ace956 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

rickmandick,
    interesting question. The company i owned that designede and built the Soundstreeam amps was oroganally a professional audio companynamed Stewart Elecrronics. We did products for other companies including Soundstream. Since I am an audiophile and like loud music, Soundstream was a natural. I had been screwing around with car stereo since the 60's. Since Stewart I have started 2 companies but had money problems both times. I also worked for other companies. now that I'm back in sacto. I figured I will do Soundstream repairs and eventually figured once the economy turns around or get funding, I will start a new car audio company. I want to do it but money is my current problem. What do you think of the name: ACELABS, or something like that, my long term goal is to make updated amplifiers of the quality I did only with new technology. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    ace956

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erod View Post
    Wtf r u the ca.com police. Dnt worry bout me r u the one fixing it .feg go get a girl or a life
    You need a model number to even start determing your possible issues newb. Thats why your **** is broken feggot ausa 305 iisnt as much to fix as a refrence 1000s and both are older ss amps idiot. Reading> you

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

ace956 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Scott, I wish I could help you but I'm not that up on what that would be worth. Tha best I can offer would be to try and find people on here that might know its value or try a internet search. sorry.

ace956

momofx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Ace, what do you think about the SS DTR1.3400D - D Tower amps? Just wondering on a pro opinion thats all

10. Thanks danny1mmafan thanked for this post
    ace956 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Hello momofx,
    I really don't know that much about that Soundstream amp. All I can do is compare them to the older Soundstream amps that I designed. I looked at the specs for that amp. First thing I noticed is there is no spec for frequency response. Class D amps use the speaker as part of the output filter, this can scew the response of the amp. The S/N is about -85dB, where the old amps were typically about -103dB, this is signifigant, and the distortion is 1% which is ten times the old amps at .1%. Without testing the DTR1.3400D-D this is the best I can do.

ace956

hert1028 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

i am looking for a ss reference 500. anyone?

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hert1028 View Post
    i am looking for a ss reference 500. anyone?
    I got a ref 1000

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

diatribe is offline Oh Oh Oh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

ace956

Here is a shot of my Rubicon 1000-2. Can you tell me what the writing on the board means?

Does it mean it was Refurb'd or does every amp get tested before packaged?

Refs: purerx7tt, VOA_NIGHTMARE, cversion7, rawdogj, lostsoul, 6spdcoupe, bigbirney420, PepsiFriend69 and a few others...

90scaraudio is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Re: old school Soundstream amps.

Hi all.
    So about 4 years ago Lance sent me just about all of his SoundStream parts. HUGE BOX! So if someone is in a desperate need for hard to find parts for the reference series, let me know so I can see if I can help.
    About 10 years ago I purchased a broke Rubicon 1002, can't remember what I fixed on it but holy crap that thing had some power! I did sell it though and now wish I hadn't.
    OK, I just purchase a RUB 1000-2 and I already know that all the electrolytic caps will be changed and I will upgrade the mosfets. The only thing I'm having a hard time finding is the 2SC3281 and 2SA1302 transistors in the final output. There seems to be a lot of fakes from china. I hope it does not need any but if it does, what would be a good source or a decent equivalent for the output pairs? Unless ACE956, you have them? just in-case I need them. I will be getting the amp next week.
    OK, after some poking around, I guess one could use 2SC5200 and 2SA1943. The spec sheets look the same.
    Mouser has them....
    Thanks All
    Last edited by 90scaraudio; 05-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS, Soundstream Reference 500 powering a sealed TS-W2501D4 ,Infinity reference 6.5s with MOREL tweeters powered by a Soundstream Reference 500s, 04 Civic

dannyi714 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Email sent..

+ Reply to Thread