Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood Excelon KAC-X501F & KAC-X401M $170 shipped for the PAIR!!!

NSTALN is online now Dismember

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X501F & KAC-X401M $170 shipped for the PAIR!!!

Pair of old-school Kenwood SQ powerhouse amps.

KAC-x501F 4 channel and matching KAC-X401M mono amp

$90 EACH SHIPPED OR $170 FOR THE PAIR

Don't let the specs fool you...people who have used/installed this series of amps knows they are very under-rated and SQ oriented.
    http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/...s/kacx501f.pdf
    http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/...s/KACX401M.pdf

KAC-X501F: Good condition considering it's age. Works 100% with the exception of:
    -Front channels very rarely develop static...this is from the crossover selector switch, switch it off-then back on and the issue goes away. This has happened to me 3 times in over 10 years of faithful service from these amps. All three times the amp was mounted right next to a 15inch sub...so I may have been rattling it loose.

KAC-X401M: Good condition considering it's age. Works 100% with the exception of:
    -Fan cover mechanical door stays in the 'OPEN' position. This does not impead any functions of the amp or it's controls because the "OPEN' position exposes both the cooling fan and the sound controls.
    -The sub-sonic frequency selector switch does work but it requires a pick tool (right angle seems to work best) to move the switch. The switches on these models are very small and are recessed, the lil plastic part broke off the switch and like I stated just needs a pick tool to adjust.

I can't say enough about these amps. I hate to see them go...but times, vehicles, and systems change. For those who can appreciate these amps, this is a hell-ova-deal. For those who can't get past that name 'Kenwood' on the front, these aren't for you.

Last edited by NSTALN; 10-29-2013 at 09:28 PM.

'some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth.'

...Well said.

BrownVanMan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood Excelon KAC-X501F & KAC-X401M $170 shipped for the PAIR!!!

I have a pair of the 301's nice amps great price

GLWS

NSTALN is online now Dismember

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood Excelon KAC-X501F & KAC-X401M $170 shipped for the PAIR!!!

These bad-boyz have a new home. Modz feel free to yank this thread. Thanks y'all.

'some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth.'

...Well said.

Closed Thread