Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Phoenix Gold ZX400.2Ti

sold!

Phoenix Gold 400.2 Titanium

I'm selling my Phoenix Gold 400.2 Titanium. I had it running my subs and it did it well. It does have some issues. There is a whine that seemed to come from the amp, from the fan I think. When I tried to replace the fan, I couldn't replicate the whine at home, so I left the fan alone. Also when I tried to use it to run my components I got some alternator whine, so I switched it to run the subs and never had any issues with sound quality. As far as cosmetics, there are some scratches and some slight rust. There are some black scuffs on the back. If you're looking at buying this to replace the fan, the size of it is 8cm x 8cm x 1.5cm. There is also a small screw missing.

$65 + actual shipping from 50010

Item

Contact me if you have any questions comments or concerns. Thanks.
    Last edited by purify; 08-15-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: sold

purify is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Phoenix Gold ZX400.2Ti

up

stereohead69 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

do you have paypal also what is wrong with the fan if it just dont work i can replace it with the one off my old 400.2 that dont work if that is all then i will take it. also do you have any ref??

purify is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do take paypal. The fan does work, but I think a bearing is bad on it, I think it's whats causing the whining noise from it. It's not very loud, but it is noticable. also I noticed some whine coming from the component speakers when they were run through the amp. It might have been alternator whine, might have been an effect from the bad fan, or something else, I'm not sure. That why I ended up using it to run the subs, and didn't have any issues after that. Also I forgot to mention on the description, but there is an insulator missing from where you screw the amp down. You can see it in the last picture in the upper left.

I don't have any references on here, although I should within the next few days. I have sold a few things under my girlfriends ebay id, eBay Feedback Profile for jadewickshomegoodness

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

trying to figure out if this is the same as my zx400ti. looks like it, just probably a year or 2 off. i would like to pair it, if it is. mine has the same thing. a couple taps makes it quiet for a bit, lol, and i mounted it in my sonoma, basically next to my head, haha..... interested in that blown one, too steriohead69...

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

purify is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know that PG made two different amps with this style, one painted all white, and this one that looks like bare metal. Let me know if you want me to take some extra pics.

So everyone knows, this should fit in a USPS medium flat rate box, so shipping in the US should be about $11.

stereohead69 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ok so there is just a whining noise from the fan did you try a better ground by chance??? or changing the rca's that has worked for me on many of the amps i have had that have the same prob.

akheathen how much would you take for yours???

these amps when working 100% are in my opinion the best there are my 400.2ti was the best amp i ever had so now in my setup if you watch youtube you can see i use a 500.4ti for my mids and highs and it is amazing so i hope i can purchase possible both so i can hook up my components in my system.

purify is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't try a different ground, it was grounded through a distribution block. The same block ended up grounding the PG when it was running my subs, and a small alpine amp(that I'm also selling) to run my components. The components running through the Alpine amp sounded fine. I never tried different RCA's.

I will tell you when I switched out those amps for my current ones, when I play my Ipod connected to the +12v charger, there is now terrible noise going through the rca's. It wasn't there before. It leads me to believe that the ground needs to be tightened up. I'm not saying that that is the issue with the PG but it could be. Basically I'm looking to sell it for what a parts PG would go for. I think that's fair. It may be a very easy fix, might be more complicated. either way, I'm moving on from it.

If interested I would accept $76 shipped priority USPS to anywhere in the US.

Thanks guys, any more questions please ask.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

well, i belive it's somewhat of a common noise, and it definitely comes from the amp, not signal noise. pm sent

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread