0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1254 Post(s)

Re: Input on new front stage

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by SC4 View Post
    Alright I haven't posted on this site much, I made the account long ago and now am getting back into car audio.

For Christmas i received a deh-80prs so I want to go full active front stage.

On sonicelectronix I found a set of sony gs-1720s 6.5" components for $159.99 with a $100 dollar store credit

Sony XS-GS1720S with $100 eGift Card - Sonic Electronix

the speakers take 75w rms per side, components, and the crossover is bi-ampable...seems legit

I also found the clarion x1410 300w 4 channel amp, and I think Im going to use the $100 credit towards that.

This amp puts out 50w x4 @4ohms so if im thinking right each speaker will get 50w, however they are only rated for 75w per side a.k.a 37.5w per coil. I will be overpowering these speakers by 12.5w per coil but with the advanced tuning of the 80prs and no harmful tones going through the speakers I feel that I will fair ok as far as that goes

I am just wanting input on this current setup, the compact amp will work perfect for my application as I don't want to have to remove carpet or seats to mount the amp under a seat, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for any input in advanced, I really appreciate it!!
    Keep in mind that you will not need the crossovers if you're running them active. The gs line isn't awful, so for $50 you didn't do bad. I would definitely get a nicer amp though. It's actually better to have 2x's or more the rms of the speakers on tap. Headroom is nice to have.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

SC4
    SC4 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Well that's good news on the speakers I was hoping it wouldn't be a total loss. I went ahead and ordered a Kenwood KAC-2404S, which who knows on that...probably not the right choice there but was in a rush to get the **** ordered...Im really thinking about canceling the order and waiting to buy a better amp. Any suggestions for an amp for under $150?

Jeffdachef is online now 160 db farts n sharts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    I personally wouldn't buy the speakers you listed. Budget Sony speakers have been unlistenable to me.

Same price but way better speaker system:
    Alpine SPR-60C (SPR60C) 6.5" 2-Way Type-R Component Car Speakers

Since you would lose the store credit, look on our classifieds for a used 4 channel amp.

The compact XC1410 is not the amp you want and won't do the system justice.

i know i'm pushing you to spend more than $150 for speakers and an amp, but i think your expectations are exceeding the budget.
    i've personally compared the type R speakers vs the sony GS line of speakers, trust me, the sonys are way clearer with better midrange and treble then the type Rs can ever dream of achieving. overall its a much better speaker then the type R. Midbass is only a slight bit recessed compared to the type R but its no slouch. I was iffy when I heard the guy said sonys are better then Type Rs but listening and comparing side to side, sony's a clear winner.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick.
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. 0 gauge Audio technix ofc all around, 2 group 31 agms in the back.

4. Thanks keep_hope_alive thanked for this post
    Jeffdachef is online now 160 db farts n sharts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SC4 View Post
    Well that's good news on the speakers I was hoping it wouldn't be a total loss. I went ahead and ordered a Kenwood KAC-2404S, which who knows on that...probably not the right choice there but was in a rush to get the **** ordered...Im really thinking about canceling the order and waiting to buy a better amp. Any suggestions for an amp for under $150?
    Precision Power PPI BK 800.4 800W RMS, 4-Ch Class A/B Black Ice Car Amp

your speakers are fine, you might just need to tone down the upper midrange a bit if you are blasting it really loud.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick.
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. 0 gauge Audio technix ofc all around, 2 group 31 agms in the back.

SC4
    SC4 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    [/COLOR]

Keep in mind that you will not need the crossovers if you're running them active. The gs line isn't awful, so for $50 you didn't do bad. I would definitely get a nicer amp though. It's actually better to have 2x's or more the rms of the speakers on tap. Headroom is nice to have.
    I was wondering that, why would the crossover even need to be made bi-ampable? I saw that the sony crossover was and it didnt make sense seeing as all of my filtering will be done at the hu.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    i've personally compared the type R speakers vs the sony GS line of speakers, trust me, the sonys are way clearer with better midrange and treble then the type Rs can ever dream of achieving. overall its a much better speaker then the type R. Midbass is only a slight bit recessed compared to the type R but its no slouch. I was iffy when I heard the guy said sonys are better then Type Rs but listening and comparing side to side, sony's a clear winner.
    i'll give them another listen. When I last compared Sony XS against Type-R I felt the Alpine was muffled and the Sony was thin.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2