Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Reload Thread: box rise question

  1. #31
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    U mad, bro?













    he mad.
    don't bro me... if you don't know me







  2. #32
    bangintahoe's Avatar
    bangintahoe is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Katy, Tx
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    I never really understood box rise




  3. #33
    skylineTT's Avatar
    skylineTT is offline bass=sekz



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dallas/Raiderland
    Posts
    4,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by bangintahoe View Post
    I never really understood box rise
    Hardly anybody does.



    Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

  4. #34
    clickclickw00t's Avatar
    clickclickw00t is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    Hardly anybody does.
    I thought box rise was how high you raise the box off the floor of your car. needless to say after my local audio shop had a good laugh at my expense, I learned what it really was.




  5. #35
    Dirtrider4eva's Avatar
    Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    Impedence rise varies with frequency. At some freqs it actually drops. The reason we call it "impedence rise" is because we only measure it for SPL burps and only at our burp frequency. It means absolutely nothing for most of you on this site who play music through your stereo. It will cause you to damage your equipment.
    Impedence rise does not have a predictable pattern or formula to calculate it because as stated, there are quite a few things that can manipulate it.
    your impedence will never Drop below the subs wiring however.



    welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

  6. #36
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
    your impedence will never Drop below the subs wiring however.
    Please don't say things as truth if you don't know for sure. I know you thought you knew better but you didn't.
    "This proves to be very important, since a loudspeaker with a nominal impedance of 4 ohms will sometimes have an actual impedance of 1 ohm or less." -Jacob Fuller of Sundown Audio

    Why "daily" systems should not count on impedance rise - SSA Car Audio Forum




  7. #37
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. The fact still remains that there is nothing available that can accurately predict impedence rise. The example provided was wrong. If you relied on it and went full tilt for spl you would blow your amplifier. Testing and "getting lucky" would be COMPLETELY required given his examples. So you defeated yourself with your argument and your "vs" statement and conclusion was biased and your assessment of maturity shows your lack thereof since I have done nothing immature. You provided no evidence or factual information which by your definition means you're wrong and should butt out. What you just said was that even though his data proved him wrong, and I showed that, that since I didn't provide any evidence (i didn't need to because his supported my argument) that I'm still wrong and he's right.
    i just came back to this thread. you think people should just believe what you say regardless of proof. i don't do that for anyone. neither does the scientific community.

    you make statements as fact without supporting information. you may know and are just too lazy to back it up, or you may just be regurgitating information you don't understand. regardless, i have decided to ignore all of your statements until i see a reason to do otherwise.

    can box rise be calculated? of course it can. it's just physics. i could write a program to do that if i wanted to spend the time, which i don't, and neither does anyone else.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

  8. Likes kushy_dreams liked this post
  9. #38
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
    your impedence will never Drop below the subs wiring however.
    Umm...

    My Infinity Kappa 9 home speakers are wired/rest at 4 ohms.....
    they are called amp killers because they are known to dip well below 2 ohms...especially if put into extended mode....



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  10. #39
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    i just came back to this thread. you think people should just believe what you say regardless of proof. i don't do that for anyone. neither does the scientific community.

    you make statements as fact without supporting information. you may know and are just too lazy to back it up, or you may just be regurgitating information you don't understand. regardless, i have decided to ignore all of your statements until i see a reason to do otherwise.

    can box rise be calculated? of course it can. it's just physics. i could write a program to do that if i wanted to spend the time, which i don't, and neither does anyone else.
    Your idiotic ad hominem attacks do not phase me. Don't think because you're a mod on a dead forum that you deserve any sort of respect. I supported what I said. I simply used someone else's "Facts" to do it. You are criticizing me because you either do not understand what was said, or you have chosen to ignore it. Either way that is your fault and not mine. you called me lazy and wrong and said it's possible, but that you're too lazy to do it. You're nothing more than an arrogant hypocrite. I'm glad you'll be ignoring me.... so you don't continue to make yourself look foolish. Way to dig up and old thread hoping I wouldn't see your ignorance and continue to show you for what you are.

    To sum up what he said, "you said there are no programs that accurately calculate rise in a real world install.... that's true but there could be, and I could even write it... but I won't and neither will anyone else". Thus confirming that what I said is true. LMAO.




  11. Dislikes n8skow disliked this post
  12. #40
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    One time my box rose a WHOLE INCH! The best way to stop it is with L brackets.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  13. #41
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    I simply used someone else's "Facts" to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
    you may just be regurgitating information you don't understand.
    thank you for admitting it.

    if i didn't want you to see my response, i wouldn't have quoted you to get your attention.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

  14. #42
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    Impedence rise does not have a predictable pattern or formula to calculate it because as stated, there are quite a few things that can manipulate it.
    this is the main argument you have maintained - that it cannot be calculated.

    you feel this way because you don't understand it. you can't calculate something you don't understand.

    physics is predictable and can be represented with mathematics.

    solving wave equations (differential equations) is time consuming.

    no one cares that much about car audio to predict something that can be measured easily.

    just because no one bothers to calculate something doesn't mean it cannot be modeled accurately.

    my summary is that box rise is better measured than calculated - though you can predict it with enough effort.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

  15. Likes n8skow liked this post
  16. #43
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    thank you for admitting it.

    if i didn't want you to see my response, i wouldn't have quoted you to get your attention.
    Your quoted statements didn't prove what you wanted them to prove. You claimed I provided no facts. I made it clear that since he provided "facts" that proved him wrong, there was no need for me to do so. Please try to pay attention from now on.
    You waited a month or so to do it, after I showed no activity. It's safe to say you didn't want to get my attention.




  17. #44
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    this is the main argument you have maintained - that it cannot be calculated.

    you feel this way because you don't understand it. you can't calculate something you don't understand.

    physics is predictable and can be represented with mathematics.

    solving wave equations (differential equations) is time consuming.

    no one cares that much about car audio to predict something that can be measured easily.

    just because no one bothers to calculate something doesn't mean it cannot be modeled accurately.

    my summary is that box rise is better measured than calculated - though you can predict it with enough effort.
    I feel this way not because I don't understand it, but because what I said is true. There are too many variables to take into account. By your own admission no software exists to do it and nobody is going to write it. Even if they did, nobody would fill in enough of the variables to make it accurate. you are arguing it because you don't understand it. If you did, you wouldn't be in here posting. Everything I have said has been 100% accurate and you have failed to demonstrate otherwise. you're just filled with hatred and butthurt and 0 facts. You have tried, you have failed. Move along.




  18. #45
    Buck's Avatar
    Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    18,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

    Re: box rise question

    People really shouldn't worry about rise IMO.



    Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Basic question about box rise with 2 amps
    By Colossus281 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:38 PM
  2. imp rise question for ya box builders
    By 05fronty in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 12:23 PM
  3. Imp Rise/Box Specs Question
    By juukno in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 10:18 AM
  4. box rise question
    By thevic24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 08:39 AM
  5. Box building Question?
    By Unregistered in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2002, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum