User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Reload Thread: Mid level SQL Build Input.

  1. #16
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Spec sheet says bluetooth. Did you install the mic that came with it?
    does that 99rs have an optical out?







  2. #17
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    yeah, i guess i use the bluetooth.
    just because it tells me when i get texts, and i guess i make phone calls occasionally.
    works really well.
    lolz
    I really wish a decient company would come up with a processor that does good time alignment and auto eq.
    I don't want to go with an ms8...




  3. #18
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    definitely the 99.the bitt one is a nice touch too.i'd do 8's 6's and some bad *** silk dome tweets .i like to run 2 sets lower in the doors[ just below dash height] personally ,it gives a nice blend of the highs with out being too harsh .might wanna look at the new zed amps too,one of my teammates is an authorized dealer for zed too.
    sell the shop i work at actually sells audison i can get dealer cost.

    ---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    definitely the 99.the bitt one is a nice touch too.i'd do 8's 6's and some bad *** silk dome tweets .i like to run 2 sets lower in the doors[ just below dash height] personally ,it gives a nice blend of the highs with out being too harsh .might wanna look at the new zed amps too,one of my teammates is an authorized dealer for zed too.
    what do you mean by 2 sets?

    like one 8
    one 6.5
    and 2 tweeters in the door?




  4. #19
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    does that 99rs have an optical out?
    NOPE!
    Another reason why it's not worth 1,200$
    It's worth around $700 in my opinion.




  5. #20
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    sell the shop i work at actually sells audison i can get dealer cost.

    ---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------



    what do you mean by 2 sets?

    like one 8
    one 6.5
    and 2 tweeters in the door?
    yes just like this.hell if could get audison at dealer cost ,that would be my way to go to




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  6. #21
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    sell the shop i work at actually sells audison i can get dealer cost.

    ---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------



    what do you mean by 2 sets?

    like one 8
    one 6.5
    and 2 tweeters in the door?
    Could you hook me up with a deal on that bit one? Please!




  7. #22
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    yes just like this.hell if could get audison at dealer cost ,that would be my way to go to
    hmm ill have to consider it.

    we still talking about keeping the tweeters in the a pillars, and the center channel to?
    i have actually run a pair of tweeters in my front doors low before with just a center channel and was always happy with it, that will bring the tweeter total for the car up to 10, wonder if that would be to harsh. they are silk dome 1.1inchs though not aluminum.

    ---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Could you hook me up with a deal on that bit one? Please!
    O.o pm me.




  8. #23
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    just the center and doors.maybe even some mid tweeters for the center ,they are 2" ES 02 BL




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  9. #24
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    just the center and doors.maybe even some mid tweeters for the center ,they are 2" ES 02 BL
    hmm... these have a huge freq responce going to add them to the list for now, so many options still don't know what to do about it all.




  10. #25
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    hmm... these have a huge freq responce going to add them to the list for now, so many options still don't know what to do about it all.
    With an 8 k budget you have a LOT of options... lol




  11. #26
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    With an 8 k budget you have a LOT of options... lol
    well staying lower is better, but if need be....

    even at dealer cost theres around $1400 just in sound deadening.




  12. #27
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    well staying lower is better, but if need be....

    even at dealer cost theres around $1400 just in sound deadening.
    Thats a lot of deadening...




  13. #28
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Thats a lot of deadening...
    so worth it
    i did it in my work car (ford tarus) lololz.

    took 3 15 hour days but absoulutly zero road noise, even replaced the door seals with big semi ones, and replaced the windshield with acoustical glass.

    i only have 2 13 w6s in there but they sound like 2k rms woofers, and they sound good. everybody thinks im bull shitting them until i show them.




  14. #29
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by kramer_212 View Post
    so worth it
    i did it in my work car (ford tarus) lololz.

    took 3 15 hour days but absoulutly zero road noise, even replaced the door seals with big semi ones, and replaced the windshield with acoustical glass.

    i only have 2 13 w6s in there but they sound like 2k rms woofers, and they sound good. everybody thinks im bull shitting them until i show them.
    You roll hard man...
    All that bass can't escape, I bet it does sound nice as hell.




  15. #30
    kramer_212's Avatar
    kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mid level SQL Build Input.

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    You roll hard man...
    All that bass can't escape, I bet it does sound nice as hell.
    yeah in all reality its not really breath taking equipment either.

    Rockford t2 comps up front with t1 tweeters mounted high t2 tweeters mounted low.
    Rockford t1 comps in the back.
    jl 300/4v2
    2 Rockford t15001bdcps
    pioneer deh 80prs

    i did use hpm3 rcas,
    and hpm 10 gauge twisted wire for all the speakers to lol. took my time used loom on everything and what not white noise isn't noticable even paused at high volume really works.




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
  2. WTB pair of 10" mid-level budget subs
    By meanman101 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:22 PM
  3. mid level 12
    By pimp smokey in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:46 PM
  4. Good place to buy a mid level sony deck!?
    By jrmax in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2002, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum