Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help!!! senior project!!!! ASAP

im doin my senior project on car audio its a research paper has to buy 5-8 pages and my product im putting 4 15's in my truck. i need topics and main ideas for my paper though thats the hard part

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Re: help!!! senior project!!!! ASAP

I guess the thing is - doing a paper on "car audio" is like doing a paper on "cars" or "people" or "food;" all have billions of facets and subinterests and subdisciplines within them.

The paper could either give an overview of many different subdisciplines within car audio (SPL, SQ, shows, installation techniques etc.) or could focus on one or two, explaining in depth and how either relates to your installation. You don't want the paper to lack direction. I'd say the most important thing would be to first identify which you want to do - give an overview or an in-depth analysis.

Also - no need to make two separate threads, one is plenty and pops up on the homepage.

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

3. Likes AxT4430 liked this post
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2026 Post(s)

Should be titled "Coming out of the closet on a car audio forum" You can discuss the difficulties of being a homo in an online forum.

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1374 Post(s)

Our education system has come to this? No wonder the chineese are kicking our ass.

6. Likes ThatChevyGuy, RangerDangerV2, Flex68 liked this post
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1183 Post(s)

What class? I have a ton of acoustics reference material I can share.

Research the effect on xmax with common chamber enclosures.

Or the physics of common chamber vented enclosures and characterize the inherent phase interference associated with asymmetric vent locations.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    Or the physics of common chamber vented enclosures and characterize the inherent phase interference associated with asymmetric vent locations.
    lulz were had. don't scare the poor kid.

Serpent710 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

how much $$$ for me to do it for you ??

Refs: mike11202, Tehgregzor, Twisted_0912, Goindef154, fasfocus00, got_focus?, Boswell59, 2lows10, skateguy92, Worstenemy453, Supergumby5000, gboo559, ryanm923, GetLikeMe, TaylorFade, Dacheatham, pickup1, jerseyboy, TWiZTiD859, Kangaroux, 09civic

Sub: 2 12" Cerwin Vega Vmax
    Comps: Boston
    Enclosure: Birch Bitch
    Amp: JBL Crown BPx1100.1
    H/U: Pioneer Premier FH-p800bt
    Wiring: Stinger HPM

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Just document your install. Start by listing goals and anticipated issues / challenges. Outline the intended procedure then describe the actual process. Finish with a summary of how close you came to the original goals and what if anything you'd do differently the next time.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maylar View Post
    Just document your install. Start by listing goals and anticipated issues / challenges. Outline the intended procedure then describe the actual process. Finish with a summary of how close you came to the original goals and what if anything you'd do differently the next time.

Not really research as much as it is a documentary.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    Not really research as much as it is a documentary.
    Good point.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

it could easily be laced with detailed information about some of the reasoning why things could have been better or the acoustic theories that were used to make it correct or incorrect...

i wish i would have had a chance to do something like this when i was in school. but at the time i really didint know enough to make it worth while, it would be a lot of fun now though.. not to mention how much your bound to learn just diving into something like this...

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

My senior project was kinda on car audio....actually deadener. I basically tested how effective deadener was in relation to frequency. Took all of an hour and if u can BS like me, you'll make a 99 like me and go to the State Science Fair lulz

I'll see if I can find that vid of it right quick...

EDIT: here's the vid

I put a wall in front of the speakers lined with deadener and then a db meter on the other side of the wall and tested readings of diff frequencies with and without the deadener.

It was stupid easy. Its just all in how u make it sound. Like I said, I made a 99 on the project, got first at the Region Science Fair, free trip to Athens to place Third at State, got a couple Grants from the Army, offered an internship for some engineering company in Macon and a few other small awards. Its all in how u sell yourself man.

ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    What class? I have a ton of acoustics reference material I can share.

Research the effect on xmax with common chamber enclosures.

you just blew OPs mind

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    My senior project was kinda on car audio....actually deadener. I basically tested how effective deadener was in relation to frequency. Took all of an hour and if u can BS like me, you'll make a 99 like me and go to the State Science Fair lulz

I'll see if I can find that vid of it right quick...

EDIT: here's the vid

I put a wall in front of the speakers lined with deadener and then a db meter on the other side of the wall and tested readings of diff frequencies with and without the deadener.

It was stupid easy. Its just all in how u make it sound. Like I said, I made a 99 on the project, got first at the Region Science Fair, free trip to Athens to place Third at State, got a couple Grants from the Army, offered an internship for some engineering company in Macon and a few other small awards. Its all in how u sell yourself man.
    your test was quite flawed... you mostly measured barrier effects and transmission loss. a dB meter is not acceptable for that test as you cannot resolve the amplitude of each frequency being tested. to truly evaluate deadener you need accelerometers or the ability to measure resonance frequency of materials with a narrow band RTA (our narrow band measurements have 1Hz resolution). having the mic in a fixed position means you were also measuring room modes and phase interference that would not be noticeable with a dB meter. nothing in that test allows you to evaluate the elastomeric and viscoelastic properties of deadener. your judges knew nothing about acoustics... i would have given you an "F".

science fairs aren't about science, they are about self-marketing and speaking skills.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Here you can use this, no charge. This is what I used for my school projects

"Hallo. Name Dave. I like audio for cars. Its loud for me to listen to and make good time for driving.

Thanks."

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast