Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

rear stage vs front stage

well let me start off by saying i like to listen to rap music, i like hard hittting bass but i also like it to sound good.
    i guess what i would like to know is if it would be beneficial for the sq considering the type of music i like to listen to if i were to have a large rear stage with many lows and mids and highs increase towards the front stage
    like this for example:trunk 2 12's rear deck 6x9 coaxial rear kick panel 2 8's front kicks 6'5
    s front door 5.25's front door tweeters on axis front apillars tweeters on axis
    as oppose to having almost completely no rear stage which i've heard is better for sq
    for example: trunk 2 12's front kick 6.5's front door 5.25's front door tweeters on axis(maybe maybe not) front apillars tweeters on axis
    i know what sounds good to one person may sound like sh*t to another person but if you listened to the music i did which would you prefer?

dmoney68m8 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: rear stage vs front stage

the reason i am posting this is i am very unhappy with my current system which if you look at my galllery i'm sure you'll see why and i would like to figure out exactly what i am going to try to do with it
    p.s. i apologize if this is the wrong thread for this type of discussion if necessary i will move to another thread

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

What exactly is it that you do not like about your system?

Either way, I dont see a need for that many speakers in your car (in your examples). But, maybe thats just me. The way I look at rear fill is: if your not in it for all out SQ with staging, imaging, blah blah; then, you can run rears to the point where it sounds good to you. But if youre trying to have an accurate stage, the rear fill will need to be properly implemented (time alignment, bandpass....) I say start out with a nice set of comps up front in properly sealed and deadened doors with your subs and see if your satisfied or if something feels...."empty" behind you. Then, go from there. Remember SQ is all about that accurate front stage, so focus on this the most and just use the rear fill to complement it.
    Hope I helped

stocker08 is offline Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

That is probably way too many speakers. More than necessary at least. You would benefit way more by purchasing one nice pair of components and give them ample power. A well powered set of comps can be more than loud enough if installed and powered correctly. Deadening your door panels would also be a wise decision. If you are not terribly concerned about sound stage at this point, rear speakers are perfectly fine as well.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

Ya thats all just bad lol... It sounds like you arent happy cuz of the install Id bet...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

what exactly is it that you do not like about your system?

i cant get anything to sound right on it i mean it's probably because i have everything stock except the subs and also am in desperate need of some dynamat cause when i really crank it it can get hard to breath, but it's just kind of agravating so i keep trying to think of ways to fix it, and trying to save up the money to do it while i'm bored out of my mind drawing up all these crazy schematics and plans for my system.
    thanks for the input though

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

and oh as to why so many speakers i just really want to make a lot of noise but i don't want it to sound like sh*t when i'm making it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

As said before you'd most likely be better off with a nice set up front set up properly vs speakers everywhere. Get a nice comp set, deaden everything and possibly EQ it to your likings. If this doesn't do what you want you can add speakers from there.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

that's probably what i'll end up doing i just want everything to be perfect and i keep coming up with all these crazy ideas that sound great when i think of them but really they're not all that great

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney68m8 View Post
    that's probably what i'll end up doing i just want everything to be perfect and i keep coming up with all these crazy ideas that sound great when i think of them but really they're not all that great
    Lol. You never know, you may prefer your ideas to what we are suggesting. But it will be much easier and cost effective to keep it simple and go from there. Wouldn't it be great to just have 1 nice set of speakers and get the sound you want. On the other hand it wouldn't be so great to install 6-8 speakers and still not like what youre hearing.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

true

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

I don't get why people say a rear stage is pointless my rear stage blends so well that if your eyes are closed and just the mids/highs are playing it would be hard to pick out, its all in the processing and time alignment of the speakers in my opinion

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

VWBobby is offline PG and SS nuthugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Hehe, I like how this is in the "Advanced" SQL/SPL discussion instead of the General Discussion or Speakers sections....

An amplified front stage should be your top priority. Having 100W++ going to a set of good quality components is going to be night and day different. Then you can upgrade your rear speakers later on down the road.

Rear fill is a personal preference. Some people hate it, try to act like rear fill is going to cancel out your whole front stage, etc. Its not like rear fill is a 5000lb gorilla in the back seat. I like a little rear fill with most of the sound faded to the front and most of the high end cut off.

'65 VW Bus
    ------
    MA Hippo 122, (2) Aura Sound 8's, (2) SoundStream 6.5 coax, (2) Alpine Type-S 6x9's [rear fill], MBQ DSC1500.1D, RF 501X

'02 BMW 330xi (AWD coupe), every option
    ------
    Harman/Kardon 12-speaker System Option + Dayton HO D4 10" and PPI Ion 650.1 in sealed box
    And many more car audio goodies in storage

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    I don't get why people say a rear stage is pointless my rear stage blends so well that if your eyes are closed and just the mids/highs are playing it would be hard to pick out, its all in the processing and time alignment of the speakers in my opinion
    Not a clue. I would assume because added rear fill makes getting the front stage right that much harder. Especially without the proper tools.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Not a clue. I would assume because added rear fill makes getting the front stage right that much harder. Especially without the proper tools.
    Are you agreeing with me because I feel like you have a pretty good understanding of what the aoundstage is, then again.sound stage is up to the person listening, some people like it front of them l, me personally I like my aoundstage ear level in the center of the vehicle. Again the processing is key

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast