Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Different meter formats

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Different meter formats

Does anybody run more then one style with the same setup? Like headrest, sealed, kick. What are the differences in the scores?

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

ahole-ic is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Different meter formats

Yep I run them all. It will be different for each vehicle. Headrest is by far my worst. Like a couple db worse. You can even have doors/windows open for that one (meca style). DB drag style is sealed on the dash and my blazer likes it because I built for it. Usaci or outlaw is in the kick with doors/windows open and usually the loudest of all. In sedans sometimes the meca score will be as loud or louder than db drag. It just depends on car and build.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Ive been running MECA.. I just wonder if my hatch will be louder sealed. the best i have done was a 143.3 at 38hz. Im going to try it when I can

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ive only done usac and drag, dash vs sealed setups - 150.2/153.9 , 146.3/149.7 , 153.5/157.1 i usually see a good three db or so change in my score in my hatches going from dash to kick but i seem to drop a frequency or two at the kick.

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    Next up - 1991 CRX, two SAZ3000d's, and some subs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got a friend with a trunk setup that is doing 140 even with 1 12 on one of those tiny little rf amps. Those new ones that are like the size of a pack of cigarettes. It just takes changing positions until you see a gain with the enclosure, changing the fold down of the back seats, and playing with the seat opposite of the mic. Then playing with the doors/windows. It takes time to get it right. I used strips of tape to mark the box position in his trunk and use a notepad to log the testing and what works best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    Ive only done usac and drag, dash vs sealed setups - 150.2/153.9 , 146.3/149.7 , 153.5/157.1 i usually see a good three db or so change in my score in my hatches going from dash to kick but i seem to drop a frequency or two at the kick.
    Wow.. Ok. I noticed 2 db gain in drive by when I opened the sunroof. it seemed to be that way across the board

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by www.eCrack.net View Post
    I've got a friend with a trunk setup that is doing 140 even with 1 12 on one of those tiny little rf amps. Those new ones that are like the size of a pack of cigarettes. It just takes changing positions until you see a gain with the enclosure, changing the fold down of the back seats, and playing with the seat opposite of the mic. Then playing with the doors/windows. It takes time to get it right. I used strips of tape to mark the box position in his trunk and use a notepad to log the testing and what works best.
    thats one problem.. My box cant move. Im happy with the score I just dont want to try sealed and get disapointed.

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

you can predict all of the situations above by applying acoustics theory and mathematics. all of the results you see with the various combinations can be explained.

the overall system has several variables, the real trick is building the vehicle and system while taking these variables into consideration.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

CAT MAN is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

yup. the sunroof adds me .5 . as soon as someone touches it i go down .5-1 . sunroofs are kinda cheating tho . lol,.

but if you cant move the box around try to move your seats/headrest and glovebox. those in the right spots can gain you a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    you can predict all of the situations above by applying acoustics theory and mathematics. all of the results you see with the various combinations can be explained.

the overall system has several variables, the real trick is building the vehicle and system while taking these variables into consideration.
    oversimplification ftw!

VWBobby is offline PG and SS nuthugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post

I get a kick out of the guys who build SPL vehicles and dampen it with 2-3 layers of deadener and closed cell foam. Then they build a clamshell (cancellation) and wonder why they're only hitting in the 140's - 150s. lol Then you have the "SQ" guys who don't install their critical speakers on axis and have hard surfaces all over the interior + lack of deadening.

'65 VW Bus
    ------
    MA Hippo 122 (awaiting install),(2) Aura Sound 8's, (2) SoundStream 6.5 coax, (2) Alpine Type-S 6x9's [rear fill], MBQ DSC1500.1D, RF 501X

'02 BMW 330xi (AWD coupe)
    ------
    Harman/Kardon 12-speaker System Option + Dayton HO D4 10" and PPI Ion 650.1 in sealed box
    And many more car audio goodies in storage

12. Thanks xmakeafistx thanked for this post
Closed Thread