+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Gckless's Panels by 04Murdalanche

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Gckless's Panels by 04Murdalanche

Wasn't going to post a separate thread outside of my build log, but in light of recent events I decided to.

So, I shipped these panels to him on the 4th. We agreed that I would get them back in time in time for Texas Heatwave (which was on the 5th), and that he would try to make a sealed chamber on the back. The sealed chamber wasn't necessary if he couldn't do it, but I wanted it done if he could.

So I asked a couple times for progress pics, but he didn't get those to me. Really not too big of a deal, just got the vibe that he was behind schedule and didn't want to show me. So then the 1st rolls around, which was the date we agreed he would get them out by, and the shipping labels haven't arrived. Said Boomsday who he gets the labels from shipped them out the week before. Still was asking for pics, didn't get them. Missed Heatwave.

Now today, he tells me that he couldn't wrap the panels in vinyl because there's a curve and it wrinkles around it, so it would have to either be stitched (which he can't do because he doesn't have a sewing machine, understandable) or he find some other way to cover them. He suggested textured paint with black over the top. I told him don't worry about covering it then, I'll get it done myself.

He just sent me these pics and tracking number saying they shipped:

They don't look too bad. They aren't molded super well into the rest of the door, but the glass and smoothing work looks pretty good. The right pod looks lower than the left one, kinda worried about it clearing the trim panels on the floor.

All in all I can't say I'm upset, based on these pictures. I'll post updates when I get them and get eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Gckless's Panels by 04Murdalanche

Sooooo, just got them in my hands.

First, I sent him grill cloth to use for the grills that I asked him to make if he could. He ended up using that to wrap and resin them with. I asked him to send back the excess. I also paid for vinyl, and asked him to send that too. Neither were in the box.

Photos:

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So all in all it's bush league, but workable.

BUT OH WAIT, I FORGOT ABOUT THIS:

They're not even fucking mounted! Pissed off. No real way to get them mounted either without a decent amount of work, including glasswork, which I was trying to avoid, the whole reason I sent them out.

In a way he might have saved me. He didn't screw my panels up (those holes I cut), so I might be able to use the doors still.

But I still can't glass well.

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

another horror story... how much $$$ did he fk you over with?

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.

Subs : C2 threatcons
    Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Mids/Highs: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front stage: Massive Audio CKX 6x9 components with jbl ms62C for rear fill (Its a van, I need rear fill) db drive Pro 6.5s comming soon
    320 amp Singer alt comming soon. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

This might've been covered elsewhere, but after the whole Timmy incident why did you still send them to this hack artist?

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeklsc View Post
    This might've been covered elsewhere, but after the whole Timmy incident why did you still send them to this hack artist?
    I sent them beginning of last month. Before anyone knew about the outstanding work he did, and before the Timmy incident came to light. In fact, the stuff he posted before (on facebook anyway) was pretty decent, much better than the work he did here. Timmy did tell me about him, but was after I paid. I felt roped in already and kinda hoped it wasn't as bad as he made it seem.

You were right @Timmy13091 ;.

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

How many people did this happen to...

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Jes 42 is offline karma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Ouch.

Kenwood x996
    Punch 501x
    4 Prv 6.5's-Bazooka Euphonic tweets
    18'' T3 TSNS
    MA Audio HK4000D
    300 amp Ohio Gen alt
    2 CS9000 batts

03F150MrSBF is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Too many.
    Mine was crap.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I sent them beginning of last month. Before anyone knew about the outstanding work he did, and before the Timmy incident came to light. In fact, the stuff he posted before (on facebook anyway) was pretty decent, much better than the work he did here. Timmy did tell me about him, but was after I paid. I felt roped in already and kinda hoped it wasn't as bad as he made it seem.

You were right @Timmy13091 ;.
    Dates > Sleeklsc

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

redrider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Interesting work.

noaffiliation.net
    subs : 1 SSA 10" gcon D2
    doors: not sure...assuming factory lol
    amp: PPI black ice series 1300.1D
    wires: whatever was there..... 4 awg
    alt: stock
    Big 3: not yet
    box: mdf/fiberglassed box ported tuned @ 34.... in process of being built by me
    Bought from: Catman Speckdzl4shzl
    Sold to: Black3gks 03silverado03

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Surprise, surprise... Another hack job by 04murdapanel

01 Lincoln Continental - Mary

XFL 12" on a VFL150.1, 4.5 cubes net @27Hz
    Powerware 150ah monster, SHCA 1/0 & 8ga
    Pioneer D Series 6.5" and 6x8" on a VFL150.4

References: mylows10, 2000LaDe , VWGolfMKVI, Garcia915, UnderFire, joeybutts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    You HAVE to look.

If after 5 wipes you're still getting mega shit on the paper, it's shower time.

BKNIGHTS is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never pay up front for labor. There is no incentive for the person to do the work or do a good job. Whether it is a mechanic, ac repair, home repair, car audio because you are stuck with what they give you, if they give you anything at all. hopefully they don't just high tail it with your money. A small deposit up front is understandable though.

14. Thanks CerwinVega_Fan thanked for this post
    Likes CerwinVega_Fan liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So I paid $100 up front, and shipping both ways, which totaled $60. We agreed I would pay the rest on October 15th, and he said the total would be $300-400 depending on how hard they would be. I'm not paying him any more. Also not filing a claim, not sure it's worth it.

raptor727 is offline come get some!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

wow another **** poor job by murdapanel... Dude just quit with the wanna be custom work because it is obviously not working out!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast