Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Reload Thread: dagan30-Having some issues with him

  1. #1
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Agreed to purchase his 2 12" 2008 model L7 12's. Took him about a week to ship them. Price was 700 shipped for a zx1500.1 and the subs and enclosure. I sent half up front and then another 50 bucks because he asked for more due to the cost of shipping. I received the subs and with the UPS guy still standing there I unpacked them and pushed on each of the cones to makes sure they moved freely and such.

    One was fine and the other scraped quite badly. So, I brought everything inside and removed the subs from the box. At this time I notice the front MDF panel is done for. So I have a box to repair. I grabbed my multimeter and tested the sub that seemed ok. These are dual 4ohms.....coil one and two read 3.5ohms. The other sub read 3.5ohms on one coil and ZERO on the other.

    He swears up and down they both worked but considering I didnt even have my amp till today I sure as hell didnt blow em and I doubt the UPS guy opened them and blew one. Anyway, I asked for a 50% refund which I though was reasonable. I paid for 2 working subs and a box and got a dead sub, box in need of repair and one good sub.

    We tried coming to many resolutions and it didnt work. I told him I needed to hear from him by sunday night or I was filing a chargeback with my bank. Paypal convinced me to go through them but if they fail then my bank will take it from there. I told him after the chargeback I will send him back half the money. He refused and told me to ship them back. This is after I already bought another one to replace the dead one for 190 bucks......so that with the cost of the mdf to fix the box im already taking a loss even with the 50% refund.

    I refused to ship them since id end up getting nothing and spending more to ship them to him. I think I have been more than fair.



    Below are pics of the box and a vid of the subs.








    Last edited by DaveVT; 11-22-2010 at 11:57 PM.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987




  2. #2
    1rockford1's Avatar
    1rockford1 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    soon to be upstate ny
    Posts
    12,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    so.




  3. #3
    1rockford1's Avatar
    1rockford1 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    soon to be upstate ny
    Posts
    12,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    u should of got 2 sa 12's . stupid L7's that what ya get .




  4. Thanks Bassin Buick thanked for this post
  5. #4
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mtx1 View Post
    u should of got 2 sa 12's . stupid L7's that what ya get .


    What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

  6. #5
    1rockford1's Avatar
    1rockford1 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    soon to be upstate ny
    Posts
    12,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2201 View Post


    What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?
    i was just messin with ya i know bro, it just dont seam right. if your looking for us to say your right then your in the right place. YOUR RIGHT.




  7. #6
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    The biggest thing thats pissing me off is he wants me to send this **** back AFTER I tell him I already bought a **** replacement L7.......I paid 190 shipped for the **** thing plus I gotta buy a sheet of MDF to fix the box......so im already gonna lose more than im getting back from the dude.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

  8. #7
    1rockford1's Avatar
    1rockford1 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    soon to be upstate ny
    Posts
    12,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him





  9. #8
    Wingsfreak9's Avatar
    Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    not cool...i bought an l7 from some dipshit off craigslist one time and didnt know much about audio then and it was blown and i didnt realize it until months later.



    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88


    Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

  10. #9
    Deeper_shades's Avatar
    Deeper_shades is offline of underground



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EH?
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    that ***** man.

    buying used **** from peepz is always a gamble.

    best advice, stick to the dealers, or peepz with lots of solid refs.




    Subs : 2 x 12" Sundown Z V.2
    Mids : Focal 165 A3 + 6x9's polk audio db691
    Amps : SAZ 3500 & MB Quart DSC 4125
    HU : JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX44 // EQ : AP EX7
    Batt: 3 x XS power 1400's + 200a Mechman Alt / 50 ft of welding cable / 80sf second skin
    Refs: Sundownz / Mike465 / SicAudio / Rusty_DC / chillin / power-fanatic07 / Silver

  11. #10
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    He also told me he didnt have the money to cover the partial refund because he spent it all on car insurance.....however hes posting to buy an amp and offering up to 300 bucks.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

  12. #11
    Wingsfreak9's Avatar
    Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2201 View Post
    He also told me he didnt have the money to cover the partial refund because he spent it all on car insurance.....however hes posting to buy an amp and offering up to 300 bucks.
    sketchy...



    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88


    Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

  13. #12
    dagan30's Avatar
    dagan30 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    lakeland florida
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    You are really making such a big deal over something so simple all im asking is just send me my stuff back and ill give you the FULL refund you can go find a box and another kicker somehwere else.... if you say you have like $10,000 in the bank why are you not buying new equipment with "WARRANTY"? AND WHY KICKER? but really just send me em back with all the original equipment and ill give a FULL refund not a partial.... your stressin over something so simple if its that bad send em back ill deal with the stuff myself because before i shipped everything out I can promise you it was fully functional and the box was built a few months ago in perfect condition.... youll have to open a dispute with UPS because of damaged shipping... your acting like i am trying to scam you which I had no intentions on doing im sorry if i didnt know the sub was "blown" because it worked in my truck perfectly and didnt make that clicking noise.... If I would of took video I would be posting it now.... I may have some video of them playing ill see if I can find it.... Just try to settle down and actually discuss the situation with me your getting way ahead off yourself... you filed a chargeback on my account before I could even do anything about it which is a **** move.. you even spoke to me on the phone before I shipped em... i really dont know your being a pain in the a** on this whole ordeal... all im asking is to send em back ill gove you full refund and you can find a box and a new kicker on your own.... let me know




  14. #13
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Also forgot to add he had these hooked to a zx1500.1 with the subs wired to 1 ohm. Might be the reason one was dead I think.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

  15. #14
    DaveVT's Avatar
    DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    3,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    I filed the chargeback after I said "I want a solution by sunday night" and you never got back to me. Also you tell me you cant do a refund and all this **** and yet you post to buy an amp and offer up to 300 bucks......As for me being a pain in the ***....I wonder why. I paid 400 bucks for 3 items and got ONE OF THEM in the described condition. Below is the pm I just sent.


    LOL take the hit?. Are you nuts?. I will tell you why im not shipping the **** back.

    A: I would end up taking the full hit on shipping (not happening)

    B: Theres no way in hell a shipping accident killed only one coil and locked up the cone.

    c: The box is broken and wouldnt survive the trip back im sure (so its a waste to ship)

    So lets see here......Box NEW is 70 bucks(damaged isnt worth more than 15 bucks)......used L7 120x2=240(roughly since new is 189.95 shipped).....so we are at 255 plus shipping. You said 125 for shipping right?....so we are at 380. I PAID YOU 400!. Now I got a damaged box so 15 bucks there, 1 working sub so 120 there and we will say half shipping so 62.50. That comes out to 197.50 so technically your getting 202.50 from me.

    As for you saying your gonna get them fixed I call bullshit. I called kicker and they informed me they dont do repairs. You send em the dead one and for 196.00 they send you another one. WOW Thats 4 bucks short of what im taking back. Oh **** I forgot, you gotta pay to ship the dead one to em....

    As for why im buying used....because I want to save some money. Just because I can spend the cash doesnt mean im gonna go nuts on audio ****. Also, the way these were wired is probably the reason why one is dead.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html


    24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

  16. #15
    dagan30's Avatar
    dagan30 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    lakeland florida
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dagan30-Having some issues with him

    Ok heres the deal you have all of my audio equipment and you filed a chargeback which took all the money out of my account and put me in negatives with my bank account so im sitting here with nothing and you have everything....




  17. 11-23-2010

    Banned


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum