Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Reload Thread: DTBROWN fix this issue!

mihklo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DTBROWN fix this issue!

you're still kinda getting screwed imo, getting only $50 then having to pay to ship them back your really not even getting $50.

REF's: dkguitarist(sold to) , bds0688(sold to) , glock(bought from) , connersdad19(bought from) , iceteebone (traded with), flossinon24s(sold to) , paddywag(sold to) , vitveet(bought and sold) , mq1kael(sold to) , sporty drew(sold to) , hoss(sold to) , pistonsfan70(bought from x2) , ghostface(bought from) ,tim0shel(sold to) , quest51210 (bought from) , burakol(sold to), corollacrazy42(sold to), oomeskoo(sold to), iApex (bought from x2), bassknocker23 (traded with), adrian1185 (sold to), jblw12gti(sold to), Magz_rule(bought from), and many more that i cannot recall

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets lay down the facts:
    Did he intentionally screw you over? NO
    Has he ignored you or blamed you? NO
    Did he work with you to make the situation better? YES
    Did he keep his word? YES

The agreement you guys struck on how to fix the problem was not once sided, from what i got out of this... you guys came to that agreement by both agreeing to it? Unless I have something wrong Jeff did what anyone would do.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i am not saying jeff is a bad seller or anything in that nature, as seen from many people he seems like a great guy. but if i buy a product i expect to recieve it as it was described. i do understand that things happen in shipping all the time. but it is still up to the seller that the buyer recieves his product as described. yes they agreed upon a resolution (although i think the OP only agreed so because he was worried he wouldnt get anything back), but i still think he got screwed. he bought 2 pairs, 1 of the sets doesnt work as described therefore he should recieve half of his money back or a replacement item. as long as the OP can provide proof that the item is in fact defective if the seller wants the item returned then the seller should pay for the return shipping. i just dont feel that the buyer should be out any money at all. if it was in fact damaged in shipping then the seller should file a claim to recieve compensation for his losses.

REF's: dkguitarist(sold to) , bds0688(sold to) , glock(bought from) , connersdad19(bought from) , iceteebone (traded with), flossinon24s(sold to) , paddywag(sold to) , vitveet(bought and sold) , mq1kael(sold to) , sporty drew(sold to) , hoss(sold to) , pistonsfan70(bought from x2) , ghostface(bought from) ,tim0shel(sold to) , quest51210 (bought from) , burakol(sold to), corollacrazy42(sold to), oomeskoo(sold to), iApex (bought from x2), bassknocker23 (traded with), adrian1185 (sold to), jblw12gti(sold to), Magz_rule(bought from), and many more that i cannot recall

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mihklo View Post
    i am not saying jeff is a bad seller or anything in that nature, as seen from many people he seems like a great guy. but if i buy a product i expect to recieve it as it was described. i do understand that things happen in shipping all the time. but it is still up to the seller that the buyer recieves his product as described. yes they agreed upon a resolution (although i think the OP only agreed so because he was worried he wouldnt get anything back), but i still think he got screwed. he bought 2 pairs, 1 of the sets doesnt work as described therefore he should recieve half of his money back or a replacement item. as long as the OP can provide proof that the item is in fact defective if the seller wants the item returned then the seller should pay for the return shipping. i just dont feel that the buyer should be out any money at all. if it was in fact damaged in shipping then the seller should file a claim to recieve compensation for his losses.
    I totally understand where your coming from, but if that was the case that the OP feels he is still being ripped off, then he should not have settled. I just figured that if they found the even grounds and settled it should be a done matter, even if hes only getting back 45% or what ever it may be

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

fast306stang is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have hit the nail on the head, you have managed to sum up everything I've been trying to say all along. I felt like I had to agree to his terms b/c I felt like I was lucky to even get offered the 50 bucks. Hell, it was originally 48.50, but he bumped it up just to be nice I guess. Maybe some people think I shouldn't complain b/c I did agree to it, but I orginally offered to pay shipping if he would refund me 60 bucks, I think that was more than FAIR. He disputed that they were damaged and then offered the 48.50 so I jumped on it b/c I felt like it was that or nothing. Also to those who keep asking, I could have shown proof that the mid was damaged, but the conversation never got to that point.

Everyone says he's such a great seller...but I got 50 bucks--minus Paypal fees--and have to pay shipping, how fair is that? He might be a great seller when nothing goes wrong, but BUYER BEWARE should problems arise b/c he is obviously going to come out on top.

And to be honest, at this point it's not even about the money. It's about being an honest and good seller.

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Traded with: Tez4life, Ridinhi
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin buick View Post
    ...Jeff did what anyone would do.
    What's that, make a lowball offer on the return of your faulty items so the buyer takes the hit? I paid 130, I got back 50, and I have to pay about 15 to ship it back. Do the math--I got back 35, meaning I paid 95 bucks for a pair of good mids that I can no longer use since I need 4 and can't get another pair. But anyone would do that, according to you??? I sure as HELL wouldn't do that to any of my buyers...

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

Beerdrnkr is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Jeff is a good guy and I bought a stetsom for like $700 a while back from him but IMO I do think half plus him paying for return shipping would have been fair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast306stang View Post
    What's that, make a lowball offer on the return of your faulty items so the buyer takes the hit? I paid 130, I got back 50, and I have to pay about 15 to ship it back. Do the math--I got back 35, meaning I paid 95 bucks for a pair of good mids that I can no longer use since I need 4 and can't get another pair. But anyone would do that, according to you??? I sure as HELL wouldn't do that to any of my buyers...
    Im not arguing that but if thats the case you felt ripped off you should have filed a dispute/ or kept it filed, or worked out a better deal. You settled at $50... that was your choice. I know you werent sure if youd see more or not but that is not up to you to worry about, you should have agreed on half (as I agree with you that is fair) and then gone from there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not arguing that but if thats the case you felt ripped off you should have filed a dispute/ or kept it filed, or worked out a better deal. You settled at $50... that was your choice. I know you werent sure if youd see more or not but that is not up to you to worry about, you should have agreed on half (as I agree with you that is fair) and then gone from there.
    I already KNEW the offer wasn't going to get any better. I started the offer at 60 and I would be nice and pay shipping, he said he would only pay 48.50. I didn't feel like there was much choice other than to accept. So I made the agreement.

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow didn't see this nor did I expect this. Here is my side.

I sold 4 momo 6.5" drivers and after ppl fees and shipping total was $100. You recieved the drivers and installed them and contacted me saying that one driver was reading right impedance and producing sound but not low range frequencies.

I then provided multiple forms of trouble shooting as I do with anyone regardless if they buy gear from me or just need help. Then you finished trouble shooting and sent me a message saying it still didn't work and that you wanted $60 and you would cover shipping for the bad momo and one good one.

Then before I had a chance to respond because I don't live on the forums you filed a dispute via paypal for $60. With in the 24 hours of the dispute and the pm I responded with what I though was fair which ended up being $50 or half after total expenses.

And this is all being that you tested the speaker and it's not functional and taking your word on this which seems very resonable. And we tested them prior to being shipped and they where functional. But it's totally possible something happened in shipping or durring installation.

Point being this never needed to be put into a thread and issue was resolved and money was refunded. Now we're just waiting to recieve the speakers back.

So far loudest Toyota Yaris with two 10's.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dtbrown View Post
    Wow didn't see this nor did I expect this. Here is my side.

I sold 4 momo 6.5" drivers and after ppl fees and shipping total was $100. You recieved the drivers and installed them and contacted me saying that one driver was reading right impedance and producing sound but not low range frequencies.

I then provided multiple forms of trouble shooting as I do with anyone regardless if they buy gear from me or just need help. Then you finished trouble shooting and sent me a message saying it still didn't work and that you wanted $60 and you would cover shipping for the bad momo and one good one.

Then before I had a chance to respond because I don't live on the forums you filed a dispute via paypal for $60. With in the 24 hours of the dispute and the pm I responded with what I though was fair which ended up being $50 or half after total expenses.

And this is all being that you tested the speaker and it's not functional and taking your word on this which seems very resonable. And we tested them prior to being shipped and they where functional. But it's totally possible something happened in shipping or durring installation.

Point being this never needed to be put into a thread and issue was resolved and money was refunded. Now we're just waiting to recieve the speakers back.
    The shipping total WAS NOT 100! I paid you 130 total. Therefore 65 would have been half, NOT 50. I could have easily showed you proof that it wasn't working properly, you never asked for it. And I never told you I installed them. I noticed one mid had a frozen cone when I was cleaning them off because they were shipped with a good layer of dust on them. I checked the impedence, and it read good, so I hooked all of them up to the same channel of the amp to test them. The other three tested fine, this one in particular, did not.

All the while me and you both conversed through pm and you ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL responded within 24 hours. When I told you about the mid, you responded, I tested again and sent another pm...that one did not get a response, so you can see where I thought you were bailing on me. Especially after you basically told me there was no way in hell that a speaker will have the correct impedence and not play properly, which everyone else seems to know is a bunch of BS. I stand by this thread. You definitely got over on me and made no effort to make it fair, although you did offer a PARTIAL refund and I covered shipping. I DID agree to it b/c I felt like you were not going to make any other offer, it was that or nothing.
    Last edited by fast306stang; 07-22-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I totally understand where your coming from, but if that was the case that the OP feels he is still being ripped off, then he should not have settled. I just figured that if they found the even grounds and settled it should be a done matter, even if hes only getting back 45% or what ever it may be

i totally agree that he should not have settled on the deal even if it were out of desperation that he felt that was the only compensation that he would get. and from the sound of it from dtbrowns post i think it is safe to say that he was only going to give up 50. even if he kept the paypal claim open, the seller had shipping information showing the buyer recieving the product which would pretty much automatically rule in the sellers favor.

i still think the OP got screwed. the buying agreement was 130 shipped.......which means he paid 130 for 2 sets of functional speakers. as the seller agreeing to that you are agreeing to take the hit for shipping and paypal fees, and to ensure that the buyer recieves what he paid for. if the items were damaged in shipping or not, it should still be up to the seller to make things right. if everything was packaged properly then file a claim with the shipping company. but in the meantime the buyer should recieve fair compensation. fair would have been half of the payed amount since half of what was paid was not functional. i think the buyer offering to accept 60 and pay shipping was gracious to try and resolve the issue even though he would still be losing out.

to me its really amazing that a "good" seller would want any sort of black marks on his record all over a measely 10-15 bucks.

ultimately this is the best times (although unfortunate) to really see what type a seller one is. being fair and making things right when things happen is a truely great seller, and although it is only my opinion i think the seller is fally short here.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

even if he kept the paypal claim open, the seller had shipping information showing the buyer recieving the product which would pretty much automatically rule in the sellers favor.
    this is the very reason I felt like I had no choice except to settle for the 50.

i think the buyer offering to accept 60 and pay shipping was gracious to try and resolve the issue even though he would still be losing out.
    exactly. I was trying to be nice and give benefit of the doubt, I figured the damaged mid was an honest mistake or it got damaged in shipping. I was pretty shocked when it wasn't accepted and even moreso when the mid being damaged was vehemently disputed.

to me its really amazing that a "good" seller would want any sort of black marks on his record all over a measely 10-15 bucks.

ultimately this is the best times (although unfortunate) to really see what type a seller one is. being fair and making things right when things happen is a truely great seller, and although it is only my opinion i think the seller is fally short here.
    Absolutely. He could have made a fair offer and I would have owed him an apology and I would have also looked like a complete ****tard on this forum. He would have looked like a generous seller and come out like a champ. Instead I stand by this thread and I will take the hit. Anyone who wants to do business with either of us can read this thread and make their own decision to continue a transaction with either of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im third party to this so I will let Jeff take over and handle this with you, but just because he isn't on right now doesn't mean he is ignoring you or the situation hes a busy man and works a lot.
    I hope you understand that I am not simply taking sides on this but letting you know how i feel it could have been handled.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im third party to this so I will let Jeff take over and handle this with you, but just because he isn't on right now doesn't mean he is ignoring you or the situation hes a busy man and works a lot.
    I hope you understand that I am not simply taking sides on this but letting you know how i feel it could have been handled.
    End result=I got burned. I would have still posted this thread to let others know that in the event of an issue when buying from him, you will probably NOT get a fair refund.

Let's do the math...I paid 130, minus 50 for the refund. Then I paid 13.72 for return shipping. Meaning my refund for a pair of bad Momo's totals 36.28. Actually a little less since I'm not taking out the Paypal fees from the 50. Does something seem out of line here to you???

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast