I didn't want to go this route, but I am making it official. Some of you know the entire story behind it, while others may be reading this for the first time. I'll try and keep it short despite the everlasting situation.
About a year and a half, maybe 2 years ago I did a trade with tooloud4tv, Travis, which involved my Soundstream XXX 6500 for a Kicker KX 2500.1 and some cash, can't quite remember the exact amount. Anyhow, he ended up owing me some of the money and only paid part of it.
We went back and forth, there were some issues, and finally about a few months ago I was told I would get my money and we would work things out. So I waited a few weeks, I even said I would work out a payment plan, shoot $5 a week or something. No response. Figured I'd wait it out some more and I sent PM's, AIM messages, even threadjacked his FS thread and STILL no response. I am still owed $60 from over A YEAR AND A HALF and have not received it.
Do not deal with this guy, because he will possibly scam you. In a sense, I have been scammed because our deal was never completed fully.
Here's some additional info that would have made what I just said even longer.
- Travis claimed a screw was left in the amp which caused it to blow and he had to get it repaired.
- I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I couldnt find the screw he mentioned when he did mentioned it. After my vehicle was totalled and I ripped out my audio, I found that screw I couldnt find, which meant he blew the amp himself.
- He claimed the amp was working as well and then a couple days later it magically stopped working because of the screw whatever it was.
- I made a public thread on Term Pro since originally that is where the transactoin took place, but 2 threads I created were deleted.
- He whined about me calling him out, saying it wasn't right (like not paying me for a long *** time is?)
- I created a thread, which I will link to at the end of this post and the conclusion was that we had an agreement. Despite what he had to pay to repair the amp, he still owed me money, $100, and he had paid me only $40.
- I expected payment on August 29th, but I received nothing.
- On September 25th he said he would pay me little by little and he would pay me the following Thursday or the one after, still nothing.
- I have sent NUMEROUS PM's, weeks apart, he has logged in, and HASN'T replied AT ALL>.
Thus said, here is the original thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340430
Do not do business with this guy. If you deal with an individual named Travis from Americus, GA I strongly suggest you think twice. People might say it's only $60, and yes I have lost more, but it is the principle, and the more people get away with things like this, no matter how small, the more people there will be that continue to get screwed over.