Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: Blados = Things looky sketchy.

bones22 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Blados = Things looky sketchy.

the mounting ears look identical to the EA alt i had in my 97 tahoe
    not to mention a factory alt

OoMesKoO is offline Me > Newbs. :fyi:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Should be pretty simple to make up a "support" bracket out of flat steel or aluminum...
    Thats the thing though...

There is no need for one. thats what that black metal piece is for.

This alternator IS a direct fit.

::References::

Sold: BIG_SUPERMAN72, biggie5252, Anonymous User, mustangowner
    Traded: poundindak69, perfecxionX, CRXBMPN
    Bought: nismos14, JasonPaul, phoenixgoldfan1, ace 800, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, wu501

OoMesKoO is offline Me > Newbs. :fyi:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

im trying to find a picture of it in my vehicle... I just dont have one i dont think.

::References::

Sold: BIG_SUPERMAN72, biggie5252, Anonymous User, mustangowner
    Traded: poundindak69, perfecxionX, CRXBMPN
    Bought: nismos14, JasonPaul, phoenixgoldfan1, ace 800, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, wu501

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Should be pretty simple to make up a "support" bracket out of flat steel or aluminum...
    This guy would know. He installed mine. Mike's chop shop. He could put 15s in your doors.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive sold and traded with Blados. He is a good kid. Before you all pass judgement understand there are two sides to every story.

With that said, Looking at the alt it seems like the correct type for a 5.7 vortec from 96-99.

Maybe there is something we are missing?

Tehgregzor is offline Enjoys loud noises.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Maybe its just backwards. Lol. Point is, GM alts aren't hard to install. Toyota, something else! HA! But a 350...come on. One of the best motors ever.

95 Trans Am Convertible
    LT1 Corvette Motor
    My brand new project. Literally the most stock system i've had since 16.

Blados is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good to see there's a thread for this, I guess. I have bought from, sold to, and traded with many of you. I am in no way sketchy.

The fact is, the alternator housing is completely different than that of the stock alternator. While the alternator will sit on TOP of where it's supposed to be, it doesn't sit securely enough for my liking, nor my mechanics. The original alternator is held in place with 4 bolts. I'm sure they're not there for show.

The fact is, it is a fine alternator and looks like it would be useful in many applications with modification. However, if one bolt were to come lose, I don't think my insurance company would like to deal with that issue.

The fact that I've had it over a month has no bearing on the fact that it doesn't fit. I am entirely too busy to play around with my car. Sometimes it takes a while to get things installed.

As far as the statement about my financial situation, please don't concern yourself with it. I have a stable job, my wife works, I own 2 cars and a house. I am more than financially stable.

It was not necessary for you to make a thread, but now that it's out in the open, I've said my peace. And since you've been so uncooperative and unpleasant I will be filing a claim now. That's all I'll say, because that's all that needs to be said.

*Edit* If there were some way to support the back of the alternator, I would be satisfied. However, it is too big and a securing bolt will not fit. If it did, I would be more than happy.

References:mb7, Moe Lester, Untouchable11, jntar,BC_BIGBUDZ420, cobra65427289, zebo, sku, theFBI
    bcarpenterfhl PDizzle2oo5, KngOfThePkngLot, Iamamp3pimp, kinville, ArrizX, boomzilla, stuckinok, NMBR1SPT, ls2poweredgoat, BushJ311, MTXman, lookitsjim23, jeepintn, violentrapture, Dtowncats, wgsj_fortvalley

NeedDirections is offline alligator toilet seats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blados View Post
    Good to see there's a thread for this, I guess. I have bought from, sold to, and traded with many of you. I am in no way sketchy.

The fact is, the alternator housing is completely different than that of the stock alternator. While the alternator will sit on TOP of where it's supposed to be, it doesn't sit securely enough for my liking, nor my mechanics. The original alternator is held in place with 4 bolts. I'm sure they're not there for show.

The fact is, it is a fine alternator and looks like it would be useful in many applications with modification. However, if one bolt were to come lose, I don't think my insurance company would like to deal with that issue.

The fact that I've had it over a month has no bearing on the fact that it doesn't fit. I am entirely too busy to play around with my car. Sometimes it takes a while to get things installed.

As far as the statement about my financial situation, please don't concern yourself with it. I have a stable job, my wife works, I own 2 cars and a house. I am more than financially stable.

It was not necessary for you to make a thread, but now that it's out in the open, I've said my peace. And since you've been so uncooperative and unpleasant I will be filing a claim now. That's all I'll say, because that's all that needs to be said.

*Edit* If there were some way to support the back of the alternator, I would be satisfied. However, it is too big and a securing bolt will not fit. If it did, I would be more than happy.

You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum. Also is this the first time you've ever dealt with a mechanical issue on a car? Or anything? maybe you should get a second opinion before you pack up and go home.

You don't sound like a scammer, just a whiny *******.

2002 Volvo S40T
    Pioneer 780
    PG RSD 6.5
    Kicker 300.2
    Treo SSX 12"
    RD 1750.1
    SPL-C115
    Refs: Pimpedout97x, TreyE, Columbus, 95VolvoSx, oxsign, Pioneerpimp (x2), Bones22, PlushDJ, Reson8, JPD2621, rmdl51, Rollerdj, LS2poweredGoat, Orangecounty1, Iamamp3pimp,Woodels420, SQL4Life ...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vforvengance
    Forget all that. Iam a bass head the louder the better, the more windsheilds and sunroofs I blast out my car the happier i will be. I hope I lose my hearing to bass, instead of something crappy like IDK jets engines running at wk or whatever. Is preference dude. Some people like it. Imma do myself a favor and bang as loud as I can....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDirections View Post
    You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum. Also is this the first time you've ever dealt with a mechanical issue on a car? Or anything? maybe you should get a second opinion before you pack up and go home.

You don't sound like a scammer, just a whiny *******.
    Thanks for your opinion, I'm sure someone cares.

If anyone is selling a HO alt that will securely fit my vehicle, please send me a pm

References:mb7, Moe Lester, Untouchable11, jntar,BC_BIGBUDZ420, cobra65427289, zebo, sku, theFBI
    bcarpenterfhl PDizzle2oo5, KngOfThePkngLot, Iamamp3pimp, kinville, ArrizX, boomzilla, stuckinok, NMBR1SPT, ls2poweredgoat, BushJ311, MTXman, lookitsjim23, jeepintn, violentrapture, Dtowncats, wgsj_fortvalley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GM uses only 2 bolts not 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones22 View Post
    GM uses only 2 bolts not 4
    That is incorrect. They use 4. 2 in the front, 2 in the back.

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, sounds like thats all yo uguys need to find out for sure...doesnt sound to difficult

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is incorrect. They use 4. 2 in the front, 2 in the back.
    just got rid of my 97 tahoe
    exact same set up as yours if it is a 99 you have

there are 2 mounting ears
    1 on each side that 2 bolts about 4 inches long

owned plenty of other GM's and never had a alt with 4 bolts
    you have something very rare i guess

DB_DRAG_SPL is offline Stupidity is Contagious

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDirections View Post
    You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum.
    X2, to the OP, if he files a claim, all you have to to is show proof you sent it (tracking #) and paypal will find in your favor. They will also look down on the fact that it has taken him 1+ months to file said claim.

2008 USACi AND DB DRAG RACING WORLD FINALIST
    USACi State Record Holder Modified 1001-2000w
    USACi State Record Holder SB3
    USACi State Points Leader
    DB Drag #1 State Bassrace (139.9)
    DB Drag #1 State & #24 in the USA (Street C)

TEAM SUNDOWN AUDIO

Refs: Stevew007, HOSS, bodybag, Vitveet, Nismofreak, Sporty_Drew, Goodie, Squeak12, Lingerfelt, Dadydolas, 528hz, Lckmyblls, BJFish11, Kmanian, BreakDaLaw, s12mm4000, Tacosys, Team H&K, Ipodlove, liftedcj7on44s, CRXBMPN x2, FASTTIMES, DaGh0st, Korn4Life, Themommyvan, dbman150, TheLow,Tapout,MisterGrubbs,Darkhunter139

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1002 Post(s)

well juust because you dont like the way it fits doesnt mean you should file a paypal claim that is some ***** niqqa sh1t

also you had it for more than a month so its yours so sell it if you dont like it

also since johnny drama sided with you we will see where this dispute goes hahahaa

good luck to the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List