Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: faulkton= bad trader

NewAgeKing is offline OG, still fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: faulkton= bad trader

Look's like a **** packing job to me. Was there even buble wrap around the amp? I always use bubble wrap, cardboard paper, newspaper, and more bubble wrap and or foam when i ship amps or something similar. Heck if you were to figure out how much tape it would take to stick kovemaster to the wall and hold him there for an hour then thats what some of my box's look like ( that much tape ).

Civic Hatch Soon To Be Walled.
    Under Construction.

Lingerfelt is offline BRB, CEO'N

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AllStar1500bd View Post
    I'm defending faulkton here mostly because it seems he's trying to help you on an amplifier that you purchased "as-is". You took a chance, especially when faulkton said...

"If it works ya get a great deal, if not ya get a mediocre deal at best."

That's what happens when you take chances buying electronics used online.

Hmm. Unless something being sold on here is backed by a factory warranty, I'm pretty sure everything is "as-is".

I think he's more concerned about the broken foot, and probably irritated by the green slime.

Either of which, if present when shipped, probably should've been pointed out.

It was insured, file the claim. It broke as a result of insufficient packaging in the area of the mounting foot.

I fail to see how selling something "as-is" makes damage occurring from poor packaging alright.

Refs Tez4Life, DB_DRAG_SPL, JLFX Car Audio, Rotciv005, BuckyBoy, King Ranch, Illbmeubu, Woodels420 (x12341), Ryanm923 (x2), Nismos14, PsychoTheRapist, CRXBMPN, SHOemup233, TC300, WhiteIce, King Nothing, BushJ311, TribalJames, Incriminator, T9X, Ssackett, WooferCooker (x2), Cornbreadxd, Gsuchyta, Pawn Man, RuinedAng3l, Snarl2004, Lastcall, Morgans243, Da Box King, Acexa, Bhsdriller, Tehbert0, Bromo, Seedubs1, USAMPSMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Balls View Post
    It was surprisingly retarded. Even for Jmac.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    It means either of our's post counts could punch yours in the face and there's nothing the teacher would do about it.

crunktimes.com is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I thought OP understood that the amp did not work I don't believe anyone ever mentioned to him that the settings may be broken off and the foot was broken off. Even the foot being broken off is one thing not a real biggie I guess getting an amp that cheap but all of the other damage could have been prevented. (unless it was noted before OP purchased)

Come get your crunk on! www.crunktimes.com/ct

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    I thought OP understood that the amp did not work I don't believe anyone ever mentioned to him that the settings may be broken off and the foot was broken off. Even the foot being broken off is one thing not a real biggie I guess getting an amp that cheap but all of the other damage could have been prevented. (unless it was noted before OP purchased)
    I think the green slime or whatever it is should have been mentioned lol. Who knows i feel for the guy but hey things happen. It just looked like a crap shipping job to me. Regaurdless of the details discussed about if the amp worked or not. Besides the OP didnt provide enough info, and has only made what 2 posts? I like your sig by the way toasted.. +1 for joo.

Under Construction.

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I realize that everyone does not have access to peoper packing materials, but I was always told that anything of value being shipped should be able to survive a 6-8 foot drop. I think I overpacked the last 2 things I shipped. I'm sure it will get fixed though. Faulkton can't go without ca.com

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

nutxo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

With that being said, you knew what to expect.

Sounds like you're run of the mill amp damaged in shipping... has happened to me twice with the knobs being pushed in. Looks like it was packed fairly. A UPS claim should take care of it.

UPS has automatic package protection up to $100.

I'm defending faulkton here mostly because it seems he's trying to help you on an amplifier that you purchased "as-is". You took a chance, especially when faulkton said...

"If it works ya get a great deal, if not ya get a mediocre deal at best."

That's what happens when you take chances buying electronics used online.
    yeah. Youre defending him. No biggie though. All I know is if this flies youre telling everyone on this forum that decent packaging isnt a sellers responsibilty. Apparently the chance ya take on this forum is dealing with honesty and responsibility.

Id shy away from any person in this thread that thinks this crap is okay. Pretty freakin shady.

Its usps, no insurance. As is doesnt mean broke to ****. I didnt buy a hammered amp.

Acizzle423 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After reading all 5 pages(so far) of the thread, I've come to the conclusion that IFthis hasn't/isn't going to be resolved by the seller then the TC has the right to make this claim. I, however do agree that many may be siding with one due to 'rep' on the board. Business is business, friend or not. You'd be pissed if your best friend did something screwed up to you; so if it's a complete stranger and you're taking their word then you'd not want any problem.

However, as he stated in the original, he didn't care if the amp didn't work or not; as the seller stated it could be fixed for around $150; but, when you receive your product with more damage than described, you'd get pretty upset. Sure, you can blame the shipping company; but that is also in part the sellers responsibility to know to package their product that much more safe. From the pictures; we all as sellers/buyers/traders know that something as fragile as an amp would not last even with the best shipping company let alone USPS(people who deliver mail;FYI) =0.

99' Ford Ranger *Autumn Orange*

H/U: Pioneer DEH-2900
    Front: Eclipse SE8375 5x7s'
    Rear: Eclipse SE8373 5x7s'
    Subwoofer: Eclipse SW8102 10"
    Amp: Eclipse XA1000

Refs: Lax916, Jciu, Quicker660r, TheFiverMan, ldyzlvudis06, meh, GateWay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acizzle423 View Post
    After reading all 5 pages(so far) of the thread, I've come to the conclusion that IFthis hasn't/isn't going to be resolved by the seller then the TC has the right to make this claim. I, however do agree that many may be siding with one due to 'rep' on the board. Business is business, friend or not. You'd be pissed if your best friend did something screwed up to you; so if it's a complete stranger and you're taking their word then you'd not want any problem.

However, as he stated in the original, he didn't care if the amp didn't work or not; as the seller stated it could be fixed for around $150; but, when you receive your product with more damage than described, you'd get pretty upset. Sure, you can blame the shipping company; but that is also in part the sellers responsibility to know to package their product that much more safe. From the pictures; we all as sellers/buyers/traders know that something as fragile as an amp would not last even with the best shipping company let alone USPS(people who deliver mail;FYI) =0.
    This is the best post yet, says it all

Under Construction.

AllStar1500bd is offline Times have changed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lingerfelt View Post
    I fail to see how selling something "as-is" makes damage occurring from poor packaging alright.
    Nice job making 2+2=7. The statement that came from faulkton makes it "as-is". I do agree that it would have been better if bubble wrap was used around the amp.

Take a look at the packaging, just from the pics you can tell the box was thrown around a little by those hard-working intelligent young men at UPS.

Refs: CJ8501, msimon, bbb543, bigbirney420,ScoobyDoo, esco, LeofromtheH, 2000gator, aesoj, Toasted1, NMBR1SPT, j1b1e1, greenzx12 (2 RF HX2 15" subs) and many, many, many more on here, and on eBay

I MURDER THiEVES

(ie: you steal from me, I kill you). srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerSoItBump View Post
    I vote conservative because that's where my morals are... I don't bleev in murdering babies unless its for food.

And there's alot of things I don't agree with on either side, thats why I just decide to stand where my morals are.

Sorry for being the typical white person.

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

5 pages and still no reply from Faulkton? very unlike him

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice job making 2+2=7. The statement that came from faulkton makes it "as-is". I do agree that it would have been better if bubble wrap was used around the amp.

Take a look at the packaging, just from the pics you can tell the box was thrown around a little by those hard-working intelligent young men at UPS.
    And read my quote sir.
    Sure, you can blame the shipping company; but that is also in part the sellers responsibility to know to package their product that much more safe. From the pictures; we all as sellers/buyers/traders know that something as fragile as an amp would not last even with the best shipping company let alone USPS(people who deliver mail;FYI) =0.
    I don't see how you justify poor packaging with "as-is". If that's the case then if you were to buy my sub and I just put it in a box and sent it to you, but "as-is";and you receive it damaged you DO NOT have the right to a refund. My 02.
    Last edited by Acizzle423; 07-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nutxo View Post
    yeah. Youre defending him. No biggie though. All I know is if this flies youre telling everyone on this forum that decent packaging isnt a sellers responsibilty. Apparently the chance ya take on this forum is dealing with honesty and responsibility.
    Packing is a seller's responsibility, obviously, because once they get paid, the item no longer belongs to them.

Id shy away from any person in this thread that thinks this crap is okay. Pretty freakin shady.
    If that's a personal stab at me, you're completely wrong and 100% off base.

Refs: CJ8501, msimon, bbb543, bigbirney420,ScoobyDoo, esco, LeofromtheH, 2000gator, aesoj, Toasted1, NMBR1SPT, j1b1e1, greenzx12 (2 RF HX2 15" subs) and many, many, many more on here, and on eBay

I MURDER THiEVES

I vote conservative because that's where my morals are... I don't bleev in murdering babies unless its for food.

And there's alot of things I don't agree with on either side, thats why I just decide to stand where my morals are.

WhoSayWho? is offline Preston Caught a Predator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I figured I would post here and get the forums opinion.
    Well, when you put it like that it sounds innocent enough I guess.

Whoa, now there is a shift. Please don't ask for people's opinions and then call them shady when they express a view that does not necessarily support your position.

Beyond that, I am sorry the amp was busted up. My biggest problem is that it seemed like Faulkton was trying to look for a solution and you, quite frankly, sounded a little mouthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acizzle423 View Post
    And read my quote sir.

I don't see how you justify poor packaging with "as-is". If that's the case then if you were to buy my sub and I just put it in a box and sent it to you, but "as-is" you DO NOT have the right to a refund. My 02.
    And read my reply above this one, sir.

And I DID NOT justify lack of a quality packing job as "as-is"; more care should have been used when packing, but faulkton is not 100% at fault.

And I'm done replying here. Faulkton could have packed better, but it's not 100% his fault. A UPS claim should be filed and the buyer should learn from this and not buy anything when a seller uses an "as-is" statement like faulkton did.

This thread is premature and shouldn't have been brought out into the public until EVERY attempt to get this resolved was made. Seems like faulkton is still in the middle of working hard to get this resolved.

I MURDER THiEVES

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

=(

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast