Closed Thread

Reload Thread: hazardous0388 possible scammer?

blaze383 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hazardous0388 possible scammer?

I was looking in the classifieds about 2 weeks ago and came across what he had which was a Sound Solution Audio 15 Icon sub. He had it listend for $207 shipped firm. Within 2 days he went down to $178....I offered him $160 and he accepted quickly. He seemed straight forward as I asked him for his paypal addy. He gets it out shipped and in a timely matter with a tracking number. It arrived a day later than scheduled but I had another package shipped by ups a day late also, so hes not to blame for that. It was packaged well and the cone seemed stiff but it had a bad smell to it. I hooked it up free aired to a Kicker 600.1 one coil at a time with the gains all the way down and its rattling really loud. It does it on both coils also. So I just decide to turn it up about a minute and within that time it cut my amp off into protect,stopped playing and went into smoke. I had everything hooked up properly and feel as if he gave me the ****** end of the deal. His feedback seems good but now im not so sure.....get at me man lets work this out.

Zeuslicious is offline << 28hz feels good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

Re: hazardous0388 possible scammer?

hazardous0388 is one of the best sellers that I know FYI.
    Very honest guy.

He gave you an almost new sub for cheap, because he was trying to get the money ASAP to buy my BTL. That was his fault lol.
    Last edited by Zeuslicious; 07-21-2007 at 02:36 AM.

Pme if you want to get metered, I have Termlab

Refs? lol, Click here.

*Alpine CDA-9835 / Alpine PXA-H701/RUX-C701 / Audio Control Epic 160 / Alpine pdx 4.150 / AA Polymids/Vifa tws / Team Soundigital 8000.1 - Stetsom 7K2D Modded / 2-15" TC-modded 5400's - 2-15" Ti Pro's - 2-15" RE Destroyers - 2-15" TRF's - 2-15" RD Audio HW / Second Skin / Monster cable & Knukonceptz Wire / 3-C&D High Rate Batterys*

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

If you've tested the sub, coils. And the coils did not rub, mechanical wise the Sub was in good condition. Did you check the coils with a multimeter?
    Because the Sub was in Perfect condition when I sent it. Seems like your amp was the one having the problems. this type of thing happened to me when mach 5 audio first came out and i was a regular on carstereos.org I was mach 5 audios first customer and the subs didnt sounds right and i thought mark was a scammer but it turns out it was the AMP, a HIFONICS amp, that was having the problem. i switched amps and they worked perfect. I had the sub hooked up until the day you sent money, and it still worked perfectly. as far as what you did to it i dont know.
    Speaking of which posting a thread claiming someone to be a scammer BEFORE you actually have a discussion WITH THE PERSON, is a bad move on your part, and also i have sold broken items, and i SOLD THEM BROKEN. why would i not do the same in this situation?
    Another note...as far as the price reduction going down SOOOO fast, i was trying to get money quick and the PAYPAL you sent it to was not mine, it was ZEUSILICIOUS's PAYPAL because i was purchasing a sub FROM him, as he can state for himself as well to be true, its my new BTL 15 fully loaded. I told him i was selling the icon and would be telling the person who was buying it to send him the money, and i wanted to keep good faith with him because he was going to ship without any payment from me, on good faith because we have had a total of 4 transactions now and he was sure i would be giving him the money. I just wanted to get him as much money as soon as possible.

Like i said above check your amp.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    If you've tested the sub, coils. And the coils did not rub, mechanical wise the Sub was in good condition. Did you check the coils with a multimeter?
    Because the Sub was in Perfect condition when I sent it. Seems like your amp was the one having the problems. this type of thing happened to me when mach 5 audio first came out and i was a regular on carstereos.org I was mach 5 audios first customer and the subs didnt sounds right and i thought mark was a scammer but it turns out it was the AMP, a HIFONICS amp, that was having the problem. i switched amps and they worked perfect. I had the sub hooked up until the day you sent money, and it still worked perfectly. as far as what you did to it i dont know.
    Speaking of which posting a thread claiming someone to be a scammer BEFORE you actually have a discussion WITH THE PERSON, is a bad move on your part, and also i have sold broken items, and i SOLD THEM BROKEN. why would i not do the same in this situation?
    Another note...as far as the price reduction going down SOOOO fast, i was trying to get money quick and the PAYPAL you sent it to was not mine, it was ZEUSILICIOUS's PAYPAL because i was purchasing a sub FROM him, as he can state for himself as well to be true, its my new BTL 15 fully loaded. I told him i was selling the icon and would be telling the person who was buying it to send him the money, and i wanted to keep good faith with him because he was going to ship without any payment from me, on good faith because we have had a total of 4 transactions now and he was sure i would be giving him the money. I just wanted to get him as much money as soon as possible.

Like i said above check your amp.
    I tried my friends 400.1 and it did the same thing on the coils. Im not trying to call you a scammer but the sub blew on me and went up in smoke. Im not a professional installer but I do know how to hook and wire up stuff. I believe your an honest seller as your feedback is good but I dont know why the sub started rattling and popping so bad and only lasted a minute. I work at McDonalds and $160 bucks is alot of money to me......I just really dont know what to do because the sub is done with. As soon as the sub arrived and I opened it, it had a burn smell to it like it had been played too hard. Just pm me man id like to discuss it with you and see if we can work out something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaze383 View Post
    I tried my friends 400.1 and it did the same thing on the coils. Im not trying to call you a scammer but the sub blew on me and went up in smoke. Im not a professional installer but I do know how to hook and wire up stuff. I believe your an honest seller as your feedback is good but I dont know why the sub started rattling and popping so bad and only lasted a minute. I work at McDonalds and $160 bucks is alot of money to me......I just really dont know what to do because the sub is done with. As soon as the sub arrived and I opened it, it had a burn smell to it like it had been played too hard. Just pm me man id like to discuss it with you and see if we can work out something.

That phrase doesn't make any sense. I thought you said in your previous post it went up in smoke and stopped playing totally? So it went up in smoke again and stopped playing totally ... again...? What did you wire the sub to, if you know.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That phrase doesn't make any sense. I thought you said in your previous post it went up in smoke and stopped playing totally? So it went up in smoke again and stopped playing totally ... again...? What did you wire the sub to, if you know.
    Meaning the sub still had a rattle to it. The amp is 2 ohm stable so I hooked up one voice coil at a time. The sub is fried I know that. If its repairable id be interested in how much it would cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaze383 View Post
    Meaning the sub still had a rattle to it. The amp is 2 ohm stable so I hooked up one voice coil at a time. The sub is fried I know that. If its repairable id be interested in how much it would cost.
    i know the amp is 2 ohm stable but im asking you what you wired it to. the sub may be fried but it wasnt fried before i sent it and i NEVER had a rattle to it. Talk to Mark or screenname Denim on ssa.com soundsolutionsaudio.com i talked to him on the phone today and he said the recone is 75 + shipping.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know the amp is 2 ohm stable but im asking you what you wired it to. the sub may be fried but it wasnt fried before i sent it and i NEVER had a rattle to it. Talk to Mark or screenname Denim on ssa.com soundsolutionsaudio.com i talked to him on the phone today and he said the recone is 75 + shipping.
    I wired it to a 4 ohm load. So it wasnt pushing the sub hard and it popped and rattle very bad. I dont think shipping could have mad it make the noise its making and like I said the speaker smelled funny.

Closed Thread

User Tag List