Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: bdubs767 very bad seller.

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bdubs767 very bad seller.

he sent me a sub with mechanical noise. i messaged him about it and he blamed ME. I just wanted a working sub for a friend and he acted as if i wanted to scam him for my money back, which i never even mentioned. He replies saying that if i sent him a receipt of it being installed by a professional shop then he'll give me my money back that i didn't even ask for. I just wanted to resolve the problem somehow and got that bs of a reply. He can stick that $75 up his ***. it wasn't even about the money. The principle of being sent a bunk sub and being blamed for it being bunk is what pissed me off.

trying to get a working sub i paid for from him is a lost cause. i'll just stick with this whack sub and bite the bullet.

I should've researched before i purchased. there must've been a reason for him changing names.

he use to go by the name of - binterpid -

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: bdubs767 very bad seller.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192314

Seems to me as though you set the gains wrong, then asked everyone how to properly set them.

Dubs is good to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you put it in an enclosure ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Towncar View Post
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192314

Seems to me as though you set the gains wrong, then asked everyone how to properly set them.

Dubs is good to deal with.
    no i didn't set the gains incorrectly. That thread was to learn how to set gains with a DMM not to set gains generally. if he is good to deal with then he would reply quickly and not take long to reply with a bs way to get out of fixing the prob.

Quote Originally Posted by supa_c View Post
    you put it in an enclosure ?
    yeah i used an enclosure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take it out and run it if you havent, see whats causing the noise

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the noise sounds like its coming from right under the dustcap. at first i thought it was tensil slap, but after putting a piece of weather seal so there'll be no slap, the noise continued. at low volumes it sounds good, but once i start to turn it up, at a moderate volume level, the noise happens. I only threw 300w to it and it's rated at 500. the gain never went past half way and the volume never went past 27/45.

dalucifer is offline Not Minion Approved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

james is a good guy....hope it gets worked out..what sub did u buy from him

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sounds like something is loose under the dust cap.
    Ive had that happen to me with a shiva, sounded blown but it was just some glue rattling around

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks brandon. well, as for it working out, it's not going to. after the reply about sending a receipt from a professional install shop, i knew he was BS. who does he think he is? JL? luckily have an extra ID10v.3 that just arrived in the mail today to replace it for my friend. $50 shipped im just hoping it won't have any funky noise like this PG RSD 10" bdubs sold me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supa_c View Post
    sounds like something is loose under the dust cap.
    Ive had that happen to me with a shiva, sounded blown but it was just some glue rattling around
    did you ever find a way to get it out or fixed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a new one because it was a B stock.
    I popped off the dust cap and it went away
    $10 and you can have my broken tinsel lead infinity reference 10

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i might just try and pop out the dust cap. i'm not sure on how i would go about doing that, though. and i do have an extra brahma dust cap. it's signed by scottie johnson, so i might not want to use it.

bdubs767 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All I have to say is WOW. I have a list fo reference longer they I can even think of. The RSd10d I sent James Bang was BNIB he recived it on 10/21 and sent me this PM

"Thanks for the super fast shipping. and the sub is in great condition. it's impressive for a $75 sub. feedback will be left. thanks again.
    -James."

Well right there that proves the sub was working....if it has somethign wrong with it why not tell me then???????

Then in this thread on 10/24 he states hes listened to the sub and mentions nothing of a noise problem.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...=190075&page=3

Then on the 10/28 he makes this thread asking how to actually set gains, proving he DID NOT PROPERLY KNOW HOW TO SET HIS GAINS before he hooked up the sub I had sent him.

Why I wont refund him...he had the sub runnign the 21st and took 7 days to tell me it had noise Bull ****, then I find out he doesnt knwo how to set gains. What does that tell you he ****ed the sub up then comes back and wants to to fix his mistakes. I have a list a reference that I can have to prove that I am not a a scammer and before I changed my name form binterpid (wanted to use one name throughout all the forums) I have sold many things on this forum with not a **** problem. Sorry James btu from you posts I feel you fed the sub up and the only way I could think of to know if the sub was truly fed is if you had it installed by soem one who knows what they are doing, and you didnt.

rlockwood is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: bdubs767 very GOOD seller.

what a joke, it was BNIB.

for brandon, a very good (and honest) seller.

if he wanted to rip someone off, he'd have done it on something worth money.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdubs767 View Post
    All I have to say is WOW. I have a list fo reference longer they I can even think of. The RSd10d I sent James Bang was BNIB he recived it on 10/21 and sent me this PM

"Thanks for the super fast shipping. and the sub is in great condition. it's impressive for a $75 sub. feedback will be left. thanks again.
    -James."

Well right there that proves the sub was working....if it has somethign wrong with it why not tell me then???????

Then in this thread on 10/24 he states hes listened to the sub and mentions nothing of a noise problem.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...=190075&page=3

Then on the 10/28 he makes this thread asking how to actually set gains, proving he DID NOT PROPERLY KNOW HOW TO SET HIS GAINS before he hooked up the sub I had sent him.

Why I wont refund him...he had the sub runnign the 21st and took 7 days to tell me it had noise Bull ****, then I find out he doesnt knwo how to set gains. What does that tell you he ****ed the sub up then comes back and wants to to fix his mistakes. I have a list a reference that I can have to prove that I am not a a scammer and before I changed my name form binterpid (wanted to use one name throughout all the forums) I have sold many things on this forum with not a **** problem. Sorry James btu from you posts I feel you fed the sub up and the only way I could think of to know if the sub was truly fed is if you had it installed by soem one who knows what they are doing, and you didnt.
    there you go with that lame *** excuse of me not knowing how to set gains. like i said before, when i first tested the sub, i thought hte noise was tensil slap and didn't think too much of it. I am a college student and don't have all day just to mess with subs. so when i did have time again to fully test out the sub and preventing the tensil slap and putting it in it's permanent box, the noise continued.

and as for references, i , too, myself have many references on this forum. you sent a bunk sub and won't admit it. why is it that after the money is sent that you don't respond to PMs as quickly as you would before. you would log on and totally ignore them. if it was bnib in box from PG then it should have warranty, but i'm guessing it's not bnib, cause obviously the box was opened. If there was warranty on it, it should have been mentioned from the start instead of blaming your customer for messing up a sub that didn't function correctly from the start, which i think is pretty jacked up from a seller. So i'm sure you didn't test the sub out before you sold it since you said it was bnib so you wouldn't know if there was any mechanical noise or not. but i guess it's my fault since i dont' know to set gains anyhow, if i were to incorrectly set the gain too high, which i didn't becuase the gain never went passed half way, then the sub if anything would blow. but it still works, and the voice still have a reading of 3.9 ohms, so the voice coils are still intact.

also, i have never went to a professional shop to install a sub before and will never have to. you might, but not I. next time, you should test out your items before you sell them and not blame your customer, cause that's just wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast