Closed Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Reload Thread: Kngofthepknglot We Got Problems!!!

MrSector9 is offline Sparkomatic Rep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kngofthepknglot We Got Problems!!!

the way i look at it.

Suppsoed to be a perfect sub. It obviosuly isnt (frayed leads, marks in the abck of cone from extended use, marks on magents)

king give him half or ALL of the recone cost since the sub is no good. ins hipping they didn't burn it out or damage the coils.

I am almost ready to drive the 2 hours to verify that the motor hasnt shifted in anyway.

Also you ripped him off $40 for shipping...

Options I see for this are as follows: Either refund him in full and get your sub back OR let him sell the motor and you COVER the rest of his money for what he paid (minus ACTUAL shipping costs) OR at least pay for the recone AND refund him his $40 american for shipping.

king, I do not care if you swear at me or cause a scene... make the deal right, quit finding excuses. Yeah you had hard luck, just think he is out all the money he paid for a working sub PLUS the extra $40 you took from him.

References - swc204, DiabaseM (carstereos.org), ckyskater733
    NOODPOOPLER IS A PIECE OF LIE'ING BOTTOM FEEDER CRAP

2loud4u is offline Nothing to see here

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya that is not going to happen cause he has no employment.

He said he was going to go talk to usps and would get back to me on what they are going to do. He is supposed to get back to me on by the weekend.

I really dont think the mag is out of line cause it would cause the voice coils to be jamed cause the mt has such a tight fit that any thing off would cause it to jam correct?

EDIT. I just went to google and done a search for pics on a mt and they all look like the mags dont line up so that just puts iceing on the cake sort of speak.

Anyone out there with a mt can you take a pic of you mag and post it?
    Last edited by 2loud4u; 05-24-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Refs
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=20692
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    Toby his boy bought p6.2's
    dkguitarist sold kodak c330 digital camera.
    photocrazy8 bought stinger terminals.
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

Rob Fox aka KNGOFTHEPKNGLOT=SCAMMER
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160382

LoudCrownVic is offline 1/1 of Team Team Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2loud4u
    Ya that is not going to happen cause he has no employment.

He said he was going to go talk to usps and would get back to me on what they are going to do. He is supposed to get back to me on by the weekend.

I really dont think the mag is out of line cause it would cause the voice coils to be jamed cause the mt has such a tight fit that any thing off would cause it to jam correct?

EDIT. I just went to google and done a search for pics on a mt and they all look like the mags dont line up so that just puts iceing on the cake sort of speak.

Anyone out there with a mt can you take a pic of you mag and post it?
    Basically if there is no contact (scratching) then the coil is burned, faulty from the factory, or damaged somehow. I have to agree with Mr Sector 9, king wtf?

from now on I think it might be wise for every for sale thread to have a DMM on each coil of the sub that is for sale, posted publicly, because this is such a pain in the *** for everyone, buyer and seller/scammer?

I com to lern bout car awww-deeeee-ohhhhhs!
    Truck: 1998 Ford Ranger SC 2.5L 4 cyl 5 spd
    Mods- 195/60R15 Cooper Cobra Tires on stock rims
    System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.
    What's in Store:
    2 more Dayton RS180 7" midbass, 2 Bolender Grabender Neo planar tweets

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree i just got off the phone with a dealer and he looked at his mt's for me and they are all off alittle (not lined up perfect.) he even looked at a few other re subs and some of them were the same.

So that is telling me that they are not out of line cause the coil is not jamed.

So that being said and elimates that the mag has shiffted so it is not the problem here.

The problem is that the coils are burnt up

Also posting a pic with a dmm in this case could be thrown out the window cause he had 3 mts and all he had to do was post a pic of a good one.

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic
    I have to agree with Mr Sector 9, king wtf?
    X Eleventy Billion

from now on I think it might be wise for every for sale thread to have a DMM on each coil of the sub that is for sale, posted publicly, because this is such a pain in the *** for everyone, buyer and seller/scammer?
    What I do not understand (and have pondered over this for some time now after seeing people receiving subs on various transactions that were considerably less than they were advertised to be) is why this hasn't been going on all along? I've been considering getting rid of my M6 12" and going a different route and I already decided there would be very clear pics of resistance readings on both coils included in my FS thread should it happen that way....

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    X Eleventy Billion

What I do not understand (and have pondered over this for some time now after seeing people receiving subs on various transactions that were considerably less than they were advertised to be) is why this hasn't been going on all along? I've been considering getting rid of my M6 12" and going a different route and I already decided there would be very clear pics of resistance readings on both coils included in my FS thread should it happen that way....

X eleventy billion and one

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well found out today that the subs mag did not shift and the problem did not happen durring shipping it is impossable that it happend durring shipping.

I Took a drive tonight to moncton and went to a shop that said they might know what the problem with the sub is.

So I drove up there and first thing they did was put a dmm on it and buddy just said hummmmmmm this dual 4ohms? I said no dual 1.4
    He looked at me and said I thought that is what you told me earlier.
    so he unhooked the dmm and pushed the cone down alittle a few times and said well that seems ok.
    then he looked right at the tinsel leads and said man this thing was abused. I said I know I know. Then he just moved the tinsel lead alittle bit and rechecked it with the dmm... And guess what the omhs reading went up... so then he unhooked the dmm and moved it again and they went down alittle.

He said that the leads are eather broke at the vc or are not making a very good connection. He said that i have 2 options.

1) Get a recone kit.
    2)pop off the dust cap and try to repair it.

He said that it would not be a good idea to just repair the leads cause they will or could break again.

King thanks alot man you really scamed me on this one and I want my money I sent for extra shipping and the cost of the recone. This did not happen in shipping there is no way it happened in shipping plain and simple.

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man, I really like King too, always seemed like a cool guy and If I am not mistake he hasnt had many problems with other people till now since he lost his job. So I am sure that is why he is late on some people. As far as this woofer goes, man I just dont know what to really say. I mean this is why I am leary of selling/buying off the net. Never know what will happen when it leaves your possesion, or maybe it just comes down to who is telling the truth. The fact is this is a messed up situation and I hope you all get it worked out. I really feel bad for the both of ya. Hope all works out in the end.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont think that is the case here I bought the sub before he lost his job.
    I hope it works out to. but i am not going to hold my breath on it.
    He lied to me from the start and took me for everything he could.
    The shipping for example. Lied to me about the condition of the sub and told me that it was like new only used for 3 weeks. This is all before he lost his job.

So far it has cost me 386 dollar for the sub. Need a recone, have to drive to get it reconed.

So sub $386
    recone $150 or so
    gas to get the recone done $40
    and got to give the guy doing it something mcdonalds+ cold beer $40
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total amount i am going to have to pay for this mt $616

I know he is going to come back on here saying that it was caused by shipping but how in the hell can you blow up a sub in shipping you can't.

So own up KING and eather refund all my money or pay for the recone if not I will be forced to file mail fraud I dont want to do that but If you leave me no choice I will.

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont think that is the case here I bought the sub before he lost his job.
    I hope it works out to. but i am not going to hold my breath on it.
    He lied to me from the start and took me for everything he could.
    The shipping for example. Lied to me about the condition of the sub and told me that it was like new only used for 3 weeks. This is all before he lost his job.

So far it has cost me 386 dollar for the sub. Need a recone, have to drive to get it reconed.

So sub $386
    recone $150 or so
    gas to get the recone done $40
    and got to give the guy doing it something mcdonalds+ cold beer $40
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total amount i am going to have to pay for this mt $616
    **** they must use expensive fake beef in canada for that mcdonalds, that or you eat a lot.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try fixing the leads at first, becasue if it works, it won't cost you much anything. The worst thing you could do is break it totally and need a recone.

Recone? or maybe not need a recone, then recone?

I've done this several times repairing the tinsel leads, it's not a hard job even a knucklehead like me can figure it out.

System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.
    What's in Store:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin_blazer
    **** they must use expensive fake beef in canada for that mcdonalds, that or you eat a lot.
    No see mcdonalds 20 bucks for both and beer atleast 20 bucks= 40

Try fixing the leads at first, becasue if it works, it won't cost you much anything. The worst thing you could do is break it totally and need a recone.

Recone? or maybe not need a recone, then recone?

I've done this several times repairing the tinsel leads, it's not a hard job even a knucklehead like me can figure it out.
    Ya but to repair the tinsel leads i would have to try and remove the dust cap and can i do that without distroying it?

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya but to repair the tinsel leads i would have to try and remove the dust cap and can i do that without distroying it?
    That's the trick... Very carefully. An exacto knife, about an hour and tons of carefully applied elbow grease will get that thing off. Then you just glue it back in after you get done soldering the leads.

What's in Store:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's the trick... Very carefully. An exacto knife, about an hour and tons of carefully applied elbow grease will get that thing off. Then you just glue it back in after you get done soldering the leads.

What kind of glue do i use to put it back on? I read a tutoral on reconing and they use CA glue. where can I buy that stuff?

Refs
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you do buy the entire menu one time over lol. i bought lunch for me my fiance and like 3 other people yesterday from mcdonalds and it was only 22 bucks.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast