Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

chinny

I'm having problems with some speakers I bought from "chinny" on here a couple weeks ago. I really didn't want to make this public but he's really not coming up with any resolution.

I purchased these Rainbow SLC 265.03 component speakers from him, I sent him $150 via PayPal on 10/31/05 :
    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123803

I recieved the package on 11/04/05. I opened the package and saw that the grills were laying on top of the woofers. I inspected the speakers and there were slight marks on one of the woofers because the grill had moved during transport and had pressed onto the woofer. I didn't mind though because I knew it wasn't anything major. I installed the speakers on 11/07/05. They were hooked up to a Xtant A4004 amplifier with an output of 50W per channel at 4 ohms. Upon installing the speakers, I noticed that there was no sound coming from the passenger side tweeter. I triple checked all of the connections. Then I took the tweeter from the driver's side and switched it to the passenger side, and the tweeter was working like it should. I took the "bad" tweeter and installed it on the driver's side and it still did not work. At this point I knew that it was not the crossover, and that it could only be the tweeter. The connection points on the back of the tweeter look fine and there is no burnt smell.

I contacted chinny on AIM that night and told him about the problem. He told me to contact some people about getting a replacement tweeter or getting it fixed. The next day I called AlumaPro, Arc Audio, Speed & Sound, and sent an e-mail to Rainbow in Germany. Rainbow told me to contact AlumaPro. I called AlumaPro and they said there is nothing they can do because it is older than 2 years. Arc Audio doesn't have any Rainbow products anymore. And Speed & Sound told me that AlumaPro doesn't have any tweeters in stock.

Chinny told me that the tweeter did not work at the beginning and then it worked. He also told me that he used his stock tweeters instead of the Rainbow tweeters because they sounded better.

I contacted chinny on AIM again and this is our conversation:

king diamond 316: hey
    j D 154 G: hey
    king diamond 316: im going to have to return these speakers to you, there's no way im going to get a new tweeter
    j D 154 G: .....
    j D 154 G: hmm
    j D 154 G: u now 6spdcoupe?
    j D 154 G: in ca.com
    j D 154 G: have u talked to him
    king diamond 316: no
    j D 154 G: hes a rainboe dealer
    j D 154 G: rainbow
    j D 154 G: he would replace it to u for free
    j D 154 G: pm him
    j D 154 G: but the tweet worked before i shipped out
    j D 154 G: i got ppl that witnessed it
    king diamond 316: it's impossible to have stopped working during shipping
    j D 154 G: i know its impossible
    j D 154 G: hey man i have to go to work ill be back laters
    Then I did some research and found these threads that Chinny posted previously:

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114904

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114825

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112703

This thread is notable:
    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117307

My left tweet went out... now im stuck with stock tweets.

I contacted every Rainbow supplier I could and there really is no chance of me getting a Cal 1245 tweeter anytime soon, if ever. Speed & Sound recommended checking on ebay but find Rainbow equipment on there is rare.
    All I want from chinny is my $150 back and I will ship these speakers back to him. In the meantime everyone be cautious when dealing with chinny.

chinny is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: chinny

First of all the tweet didnt work for 2 days but when i rewired my whole speakers again it worked and i have people to witness that if you would like.

Chinny told me that the tweeter did not work at the beginning and then it worked. He also told me that he used his stock tweeters instead of the Rainbow tweeters because they sounded better.
    Why would i tell you that i used my stock tweeters when i had posted like 5 threads here saying the tweet didnt work.

I told you that people have heard my component set work 100% and i have them to testufy anything, and about the grill scraping the woofer, that isnt my fault, i packed it how it got to me brand new.

Until now i was trying to help you but you had to do this and post public, i have plenty of references that can vouch for me, why would i ruin all my refs for a **** $20 tweeter?

KingDiamond is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinny
    First of all the tweet didnt work for 2 days but when i rewired my whole speakers again it worked and i have people to witness that if you would like.

Why would i tell you that i used my stock tweeters when i had posted like 5 threads here saying the tweet didnt work.

I told you that people have heard my component set work 100% and i have them to testufy anything, and about the grill scraping the woofer, that isnt my fault, i packed it how it got to me brand new.

Until now i was trying to help you but you had to do this and post public, i have plenty of references that can vouch for me, why would i ruin all my refs for a **** $20 tweeter?
    What the hell? You were trying to help? Sorry but I didn't notice! I was the one who checked with everyone about getting a tweeter. If you were a good seller then you would take that as your own responsibility. I told you that I didn't want to make this public but you just keep repeating the same things over and over. You're not accomplishing anything.

The item was DOA (Dead On Arrival). I don't care who saw it work, if it's not working then it's not working. I paid $150 for working speakers, one of the tweeters is not working. If you bought something online and the seller said that it's working, then the item arrives and you find out that it's not working, then what the hell do you do? Just live with it? And your story is changing or you just don't know what the hell you're saying because I have AIM logs that prove that you said that you had the stock tweeters in conjunction with the Rainbow mids.

And the grill scraping, again, is your fault because it's your responsibility to pack the items well enough so that they don't get damaged during shipping. The grill was just laying on top of the woofer, it was loose and was probably sliding around the entire time the package was being moved by the shipping company.

If you can find the same tweeter for $20 please let me know because you sure do talk a lot about getting a replacement but actually getting one is a different story.

swc204 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im glad i didnt trade for them

MetalMaxima is offline AURAL DESTROYER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subscribed.

HU - Alpine 9833
    FRONTSTAGE - Dynaudio MW170, MD 100, Morel Domes (all passive )
    REAR-FILL - Rainbow SL 165
    SUB - 2 x 12" Alumapro Alchemy RX
    AMPS - Arc Audio XXK-4150/2500
    WIRING - Stinger Expert
    SQ CABIN 160sqft. Damplifier, 120sqft. Spectrum, 100sqft. Hazmat, 80sqft. Spectrum Sludge...[/SIZE]

puppie_chow is offline Pwn3d!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chinny = scammer.
    Last edited by puppie_chow; 11-16-2005 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Englarged to show emphasis on scammerness.

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

interesting

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this should be fun

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

swc204 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats what you get for buying from a 16 year old

Blados is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swc204
    thats what you get for buying from a 16 year old

References:mb7, Moe Lester, Untouchable11, jntar,BC_BIGBUDZ420, cobra65427289, zebo, sku, theFBI
    bcarpenterfhl PDizzle2oo5, KngOfThePkngLot, Iamamp3pimp, kinville, ArrizX, boomzilla, stuckinok, NMBR1SPT, ls2poweredgoat, BushJ311, MTXman, lookitsjim23, jeepintn, violentrapture, Dtowncats, wgsj_fortvalley

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Scamming here is like a daily soap opera

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Alpineinstaller is offline <3 teh JnTar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think i'll stay for awhile

XM-Alpine Adapter/Receiver For Sale - 750GB Ext. HDD For Sale

Offical Rep for Squeakco Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    There's a new sub out called the Squeakinator. 125mm Xmax. 25" cone. Able to kill small animals and annoying children. Plays flat to 1hz in-car.
    $1,025 shipped to your door
    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    I think he should also consider the new Squeaksters.
    Nobody's heard them. They aren't in production yet. There is no prototype even available. But he should still consider them. They will rock. I promise.
    PS: The new Squeaksters will be a midwoofer addition to my subwoofer line, the Squeakinators

dbubble is offline SLOW LOUD AND BANGIN'

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never got my package he sent me but it was no way his fault, it was the ******* Fedex guy that delivered it to the wrong house, im still waiting for them to cut me a check

References
    CA.com
    mcjas63, skeptikal, JAZN, RADEoN, cpierce, chinny, moe lester, powerNaudio, camry_tuner, LivinLife, loudblazer02,ace_800 , pboulos , Pitchblack98, Mistergrubbs, Faulkton,Louisiana_CRX, 5.3bowtie, blackbonnie

SD.com
    penn tha chocolate thunda, ken18, jazzy

Meka is offline Prestons a *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Chinny, i would probably quit being a ***** and give his money back, your mommy and daddy bought them anyways.

nVRuckus is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol maybe thats why he is so afraid to meet up with people in miami when buying and selling.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast