Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Mikeyspice

RydHy3845 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mikeyspice

I would just like to add something. I'm the one that bought mikey spice's L715 that he had listed as a dual 4 ohm when it was in fact a dual 2 ohm,I had to buy a new L715 dual 4 ohm cuz of that. Then there's the problem that he is not a very good communicator and doesn't keep in touch there sometimes was days before I could get a reply from him which I think is unacceptable...I haven't hooked up the L7 yet but I hope it isn't blown I tested the coils at 3.8 ohms which is normal for a dual 2 ohm sub wired to 4 ohm load.

94 Buick Roadmaster Limited
    22'' 150 spoke on Pirelli Scorpions
    Alpine Type R 6x9's
    4 channel Alpine V
    DEI 2400d
    4 Lanzar Max Pro 12's
    Planet Audio 1'' silk dome tweeters
    GOT BANG?

Mr. Loki is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey mikey looks like you have more on your hands there bud, also my post are motivational for you to get your **** straight and make the deal proper, did you miss the part that said "TURN THE SUBS IN AND COLLECT THE INSURANCE MONEY?" Useless nothing your just crying more, because I am right on this. Its pretty simple. You as the seller are at fault right now, because the buyer has made the claim that you sent him 2 subs that were doa, but you said they worked fine. So to fix the problem lies within your hands. Get the insurance refund his money. Deal settled.

Last you say get a life...LOL im in the USAF smart guy and Im not your son second of all. Get your stuff straight before you speak on somthing that doesnt make sense. I have the means to post while im at work so calm your jets young grasshopper you need to get a life.

Bottom line is FIX THE PROBLEM!

NhustlaR is offline Below me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyways. When i wrote that PM i had only recieved them. they looked as in perfect condition. However, REQ as my witness,when i hooked them up free air they sounded like they were popping. Req told me he didnt know what was happening, that it sounded like they were bottoming out. So, I take them to a shop and they tell me they are bottoming out because the coil is bent....Non fixable. HOW DO BOTH SUBS HAVE BENT VC's? so that is why I had them for a month without tresponding to mikey. Anyways he did not send anything to me about saying that he would split the price on anything. Mike PM me if you still want to work something out. I only posted this because you have been MIA since the 7th of september.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotta love getting the shaft

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And why I did not PM him about the subs popping at first is because I was not very "Knowledgeable" with the 2ohm dvc's and I thougth I may have hooked it up wrong. On the 5th of August, I had made a post on here about them popping, and Moe Lester said it was the box that was making them bottom out. I just want to get this settled. 300 down the drain doesnt make me feel too good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I stated, Depending on what he insured them for should give you a refund and perhaps him some compensation also. Just turn them in and say they arrived doa due to shipping reasons and should take 30days max to collect insurance.

MikeySpice is offline New York City's Finest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im sorry but, when they left my hands, they were both in great working condition as well as cosmetically.

i can't be held responsible for what happened when it was handled by FedEx nor can I be responsible for it when it's in you're hands.

by the way, can someone explain the possible ways the voice coil can become "bent".

thanks.

WANTED:
    6 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER
    (2) EARTHQUAKE 8XI SUBWOOFERS
    JL AUDIO 12W7 AE OR 13W7 SUBWOOFER
    AUDIOCONTROL LCQ-1, AUDIOCONTROL LC7i, JBL MS-8, RF 3SIXTY. 2

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't understand the issue here.

File an insurance claim with the shipper; you'll get your money back but it might take a month or two. Better than not getting anything at all.

It's pretty **** hard to knock the coil far out of alignment, unless it's been dropped or heavily abused in transit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have heard of a bent vc, but it should be curable by a recone, but kicker doesnt do recones on anything older then the 2004 models I think. Either or you file the claim wait the time and you should have no problems in the end.

Jack is right though it takes MAJOR force to bend a vc.

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WTF...a bent voice coil?? I think the shipping service is at fault here

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted this origionally because he was not on this site for about 2 weeks. He was on vacation. go figure. Everything is worked out now. hes not such a bad guy afterall
    Sorry mike.
    Nr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good deal settled then...mods take it away.

TheOneAndOnly is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RydHy3845
    I would just like to add something. I'm the one that bought mikey spice's L715 that he had listed as a dual 4 ohm when it was in fact a dual 2 ohm,I had to buy a new L715 dual 4 ohm cuz of that. Then there's the problem that he is not a very good communicator and doesn't keep in touch there sometimes was days before I could get a reply from him which I think is unacceptable...I haven't hooked up the L7 yet but I hope it isn't blown I tested the coils at 3.8 ohms which is normal for a dual 2 ohm sub wired to 4 ohm load.
    What? you measured the coil and it read 3.8ohms? then thats a 4 ohm coil. Your making no sense.

cheeseburger35 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnly
    What? you measured the coil and it read 3.8ohms? then thats a 4 ohm coil. Your making no sense.
    he said coil(S)... in which dual 2ohm coils wired in series will read ~4 ohms..

Bought From: JAZN, EFFENDI, HCCAFAN, SurgicaL,djman37, MSSOKC(2), Mr. Loki, skeptikal, streetbeater07, blaze383, fatboyracing, stl_style
    Sold to: HOAX_1(2), gtpzach51, JaysonR, Justinh722, n8skow, Mast240,ampjunkielikeme
    soundpressure= Louisiana_CRX, mechanicpunk, Williambrea, WilsonDD, ultimateauto, j225, DD Scion,
    this guy *****: BulldogSr04
    06 dodge ram- dbl din, ditched the L5's now working on a fiberglass box under the rear seat for a 9510
    02 celica- total kicker build in progress rs comps, 4 zx amps, 2 12" L7's - sold

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate doin this but it has been a while since he has responded and to my knowledge still has not called fed ex about filing a claim. This guy should not be selling **** if he cannot follow up in a decent amount of time. He is always on, but cannot send a PM saying the situation with fed ex. I sent him a pm stating if he did not want to deal with it, he could send me a paper where i could file the claim myself. Mike, i hate doing this to you, but when i get one pm that has one sentence about you going to call fedex, then not getting a response of how it went for over two weeks is not acceptable.

again, i think this is the only way he will reply is if his "reputation" is on the line.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast